Soldiers break up rescue worker brawl in Bangkok

webfact

They are suppose to be rescue worker not gang bangers. Why not work together to help those in need? Do they get kick backs for the number of incident they attend and is this the reason for fighting over injured persons? Instead of having these little rival gangs of rescue workers why not put them all under one command like most other countries do? State/Provincial Ambulance Service Emergency Service etc

Nah, that would be to easy,what would they have to fight about then?

It is about time to do away with these so called resuce teams, that are privately owned and benefit financially by supplying injured and dead bodies to hospitals. It is barbaric and 16th century.

Time for the govenment to invest in ample ambulance numbers, and up the emergency call staff numbers, in order to respond with professional teams of trained staff, and not moronic, untrained Joe public who fight over bodies and injured people, who thus suffer and get ill-treated in the wake of a race to get to them first - all for the love of money.

This is a governmental issue, and not a police/army/private company issue, which needs addressing swiftly.

Then again, silly me; I'm thinking about 1st world country operations. facepalm.gif

Another clear example of why Thailand thinks it's 2558/9 and not 1942, where it really is.

• Like 2

This news is going all over the world, wonder what the Quality Tourists from Europe think about it wai2.gif

"all over the world" ?? I doubt it

Indeed. It might surprise the Thais, who have been taught from birth that Thailand is the centre of the universe, but actually the country is an insignificant backwater with zero influence on the world stage. And an indication of how little Thailand makes the news overseas, look at the endless stream of people who come to the country and fall for all the scams. The problems that residents are all too aware of barely make a ripple elsewhere, The country simply is of no importance to anyone but the Thais.

The country has never invented anything that the world has adopted. Thai food is based entirely on Chinese and Indian, the silk trade was rescued from obscurity by an American, Red Bull might have been invented by a Thai but became well-known after an Austrian became involved. The best Thai chef in the world is a Brit, not a Thai, and even the Thai boxing women's world champion is a foreigner. I could go on.

• Like 1

They are suppose to be rescue worker not gang bangers. Why not work together to help those in need? Do they get kick backs for the number of incident they attend and is this the reason for fighting over injured persons? Instead of having these little rival gangs of rescue workers why not put them all under one command like most other countries do? State/Provincial Ambulance Service Emergency Service etc

a thai friend's dad was knocked down, the first two rescue crews refused to take him to hospital because he looked poor, the third did. in fact he is not poor and his family have a successful business.

he had a head injury. at A&E he was not prioritised and after four hours was given paracetemol. he fell into a coma in A&E, was admitted and died three weeks later without recovering conciousness.

welcome to thai healthcare.

in response to your original point - probably.

I have a friend who had a heart attack and the first hospital he was taken to said he had indigestion. I suffered severe food poisoning and it was diagnosed as bronchitis. When I eventually was taken to another hospital I was told I would have been dead in two days. I'm sure that many doctors here qualify by buying a white coat on Kao Sarn Road.

I find it odd those that mention payments.

When they rescued me from an accident and took me to hospital, no payment was asked for.

That's because so far you're the only one talking sense and not inventing stories. The rescue services are volunteers who do receive a payment from the hospital the victims are brought to, typically 500 baht.

Yes rescue workers steal money from victims of accidents !! me!!

Lying on the road, being searched robbed by rescue workers . Mobile phone over 6000 baht taken from me.

So anybody who says no money asked for, wake up anybody who says they dont steal wake up 'Been there had that happen to me.

Not hearsay not gossip .The truth 100%

It is regretable that rescue workers allegedly stole from you in the situation that you were in but that doesn't give you justification to state categorically with a sweeping generalisation that that is what happens every time, it doesn't. If it did there would be reports about these thefts all over the media and I don't recall ever reading one such report. These rescue services also video most of the rescues, there are many on youtube for example, so doing what you suggest is unlikely in most circumstances.

I'm not condoning theft from victims at all but considering the extent of your injuries maybe they saved you life? The real truth is that you may have been a victim in an isolated case but the vast majority of these workers do a very good job in assisting accident victims considering the circumstances that they work in, the equipment that they have to provide for themselves and the support they are given from the government, which I think is zero.

There is also no money asked for at the scene of the incidents that these services attend, that is the whole point of them, they are voluntary services run by charitable foundations that rely on financial support from the public that accident victims do not have to pay for.

Lying on the road, being searched robbed by rescue workers . Mobile phone over 6000 baht taken from me.

So anybody who says no money asked for, wake up anybody who says they dont steal wake up 'Been there had that happen to me.

There is also no money asked for at the scene of the incidents that these services attend, that is the whole point of them, they are voluntary services run by charitable foundations that rely on financial support from the public that accident victims do not have to pay for.

cheesy.gifclap2.gifwhistling.gif

F

E

C

You lived here how long again? w00t.gif

Vested interest in one have you? facepalm.gifthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

These volunteer rescue foundations are paid by the 'accident'. Never call them in your time of need, they and the volunteers are parasites. It's been discussed in TV previously for emergency care, call your local hospital and get the professionals to come out with their professional vehicles, equipment, training, and attitudes. Else you'll end up squashed in the stampede....

• Like 1

I find it odd those that mention payments.

When they rescued me from an accident and took me to hospital, no payment was asked for.

That's because so far you're the only one talking sense and not inventing stories. The rescue services are volunteers who do receive a payment from the hospital the victims are brought to, typically 500 baht.

And 500bht is a lot of money and Thais will fight to the death for that, whilst the victim is ignored and passes away. They are like hyenas fighting lions for a carcas.

I have never seen or heard of two ambulances turning up at an incident in Melbourne Australia and the paramedics getting out and start punching on to decide who is going to treat the injured. They normally form a team, work together assisting each other for a common cause namely the victim. If both aren't required then the other rushes off to the next job.

They don't negotiate with hospitals who gets the piece of meat for 500 baht and thrown into the back of a pickup amonst their garbage, they are directed to the nearest available hospital and transported with care with highly trained professionals in fully equipped ambulances.

Australia also has a lot of State emergency service volunteers and firefighters, they do it for nothing apart from serving the community they are heros who give up their time for others in need and never ask for or receive a single dollar. The are not neanderthals who fight over a victim for personal gain.

cheesy.gifclap2.gifwhistling.gif

F

E

C

You lived here how long again? w00t.gif

Vested interest in one have you? facepalm.gifthumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif He gets the Thai apologist award of the week.

Years ago I went to Por Tek Tung HQ, near Sampantawong and said that I had seen a documentary of them on TV, got the full treatment, including a hour and a half of the grossest videos in their professional video editing booth (pre digital), couldn't really leave, bringing in kanom and coffee etc. Do you want to see the rescue of the train that derailed at Nakhon Phatom?

All around there are shops selling all the accessories for their private rescue vehicles. It's worth a look if your in the area, don't mention the word video though. Also a good chinese temple opposite that was very friendly during Gin Je, Sancho Hong Kong I think.

They also did a good job after the tsunami.

Because of these rescueworkers i don't dare to carry much cash with me in Thailand. I read too many story's of them cleaning wallets of victims first.

For me this is as low as it can get. Thailand really has to stop this but even the Police can't do it! They need the army to help and even then it takes 4 hours!

Thainess at it's finest.

So let me get this straight......you don't ever carry much money with you in case you somehow get in to a car crash and then in case it is serious enough that you need rescuing and then in case one of the rescue workers then steals your money. Really? I mean, really?

I don't carry wads of cash on me either in case I am involved in an accident and don't know anyone who does. That's up to you

Years ago I went to Por Tek Tung HQ, near Sampantawong and said that I had seen a documentary of them on TV, got the full treatment, including a hour and a half of the grossest videos in their professional video editing booth (pre digital), couldn't really leave, bringing in kanom and coffee etc. Do you want to see the rescue of the train that derailed at Nakhon Phatom?

All around there are shops selling all the accessories for their private rescue vehicles. It's worth a look if your in the area, don't mention the word video though. Also a good chinese temple opposite that was very friendly during Gin Je, Sancho Hong Kong I think.

Because of these rescueworkers i don't dare to carry much cash with me in Thailand. I read too many story's of them cleaning wallets of victims first.

For me this is as low as it can get. Thailand really has to stop this but even the Police can't do it! They need the army to help and even then it takes 4 hours!

Thainess at it's finest.

So let me get this straight......you don't ever carry much money with you in case you somehow get in to a car crash and then in case it is serious enough that you need rescuing and then in case one of the rescue workers then steals your money. Really? I mean, really?

I don't carry wads of cash on me either in case I am involved in an accident and don't know anyone who does. That's up to you

Best not carry credit cards either in case you get in a accident and they are stolen. You'll have half of Lazada racked up before you know it. Leave your mobile phone at home too because they'll certainly have that if you crash and need rescuing. House keys are also risky in case the rescuers know where you live then they'll undoubtedly go and steal your house.

Best avoid all these risks and just walk everywhere with a few coins in your pocket.

I must be tremendously lucky. I've lived here 18 years and always carry money with me and I've never got into a crash and had it stolen from me, but that's just me - I live on the edge.

Thainess at it's finest.

Best not carry credit cards either in case you get in a accident and they are stolen. You'll have half of Lazada racked up before you know it. Leave your mobile phone at home too because they'll certainly have that if you crash and need rescuing. House keys are also risky in case the rescuers know where you live then they'll undoubtedly go and steal your house.

Best avoid all these risks and just walk everywhere with a few coins in your pocket.

I must be tremendously lucky. I've lived here 18 years and always carry money with me and I've never got into a crash and had it stolen from me, but that's just me - I live on the edge.

I carry about 2 kit with me and not loads of around 100k in case I end up in an accident. Why do you carry large amounts?

"Police were eventually forced to request support from a nearby military unit to contain the situation. Five soldiers arrived to separate the two groups, and after four hours of negotiation the two sides agreed not to press charges against each other, and left the police station."

So that's why help from the military soldiers was requested by the police officer. NOT to fix the problem. But to reduce workload on the police to file paperwork and prevent him from going to see his mia noi earlier.

Promoting "Peace and Harmony" with these rescue crooks maybe a difficult task. In fact the whole lot should be scraped and a proper ambulance service introduced.

Rescue??? Many of them could teach packs of Hyenas and Squadrons of Vultures a thing or two.

It's called money.