customer service in thailand

catman20

I had 3 pillows dry cleaned at a laundry called laundry express the shop with the big blue sign on 3rd road not far from the over pass.

I went to pick up my 3 king size pillows up and I noticed one of the pillows was about 5 inches in length and 2 inches in width smaller so I ask what happened to my pillow the Thai man replied we ruined it so we have recovered it for you, so I said why is it not the same size now as the other 2 pillows, after a heated exchange of words he measured the king size pillows and agreed to make it the same size, not before trying to charge me which I refused to pay, he said come back in 3 weeks and it would be ready, when I returned to the shop he gave me my newly recovered pillow, or what I thought was recovered only to find when I got home he had cond me he had not touch it just gave it back to me the same as it was 3 weeks earlier.bah.gif

I have now had it recovered at my own expense.

any time you drop your guard here the Thais try to stick up you as far as they can.

I since spoke to some one I know about this shop he said he had a rug dry cleaned there and they f......... it up and got told to F...... OFF MORE OR LESS bah.gif

• Like 1

as in every country, customer service can vary a lot. In general, I get good service from big companies in Thailand, less so from smaller companies.

Thre worst customer service a ever got was from several "famous" US-based companies (f.e. HILTON, IHG group, several Airlines).

in my home country, many people complain about poor customer service, when in fact it is pretty good (and having lived in 8 countries and 4 continents over the past 20 years, I dare to judge it).

Thailand I would rate average. The main problem is in many cases rather the language and communication and not the willingness to assist a customer / guest.

Just yesterday I had a very good experience with a nice young English-speaking male at the DTAC Center at Siam Paragon. He managed the rather unpleasant (for both parts) case in a professional and friendly way

mrtoad, on 06 Jan 2015 - 13:33, said:

Got to stop the breakfast scam

I advise everyone to pay in Satang coins until the 99 Baht coin or note is released. The Satang of the realm cannot be refused!

• Like 2

as in every country, customer service can vary a lot. In general, I get good service from big companies in Thailand, less so from smaller companies.

Thre worst customer service a ever got was from several "famous" US-based companies (f.e. HILTON, IHG group, several Airlines).

in my home country, many people complain about poor customer service, when in fact it is pretty good (and having lived in 8 countries and 4 continents over the past 20 years, I dare to judge it).

Thailand I would rate average. The main problem is in many cases rather the language and communication and not the willingness to assist a customer / guest.

Just yesterday I had a very good experience with a nice young English-speaking male at the DTAC Center at Siam Paragon. He managed the rather unpleasant (for both parts) case in a professional and friendly way

Well I will agree with what you have posted.

Plus I would add here in Thailand we have Thai Visa to allow the malcontents a large audience.

Can you imagine the number of posts if every time some one had a good thing happened to them or just what is expected in the situation they find them selves in they were to post it on Thai Visa and say all Thailand is like that.

Just yesterday I took a Tuck Tuck and paid him 20 baht. All Tuck Tuck drivers in Thailand are honest.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif I wish they would allow more smiliey's to give the proper amount of laughs OPs like this deserve.

Tell the establishment you will no longer do business with them and you will share this news with all of your friends. All you can do.

Just like when I go to restaurants and my wife says. "order what you want but eat what you get"..... Still hard to adjust. LOL

"I had 3 pillows dry cleaned at a laundry called laundry express the shop with the big blue sign on 3rd road not far from the over pass".

Seems the allowing of naming and shaming, depends on the likelihood of the establishment ever knowing the article exists.

Tell the establishment you will no longer do business with them and you will share this news with all of your friends. All you can do.

Careful with that, they can have you up on all sorts of laws. Remember, you can't intentionally make someone lose face/business even if they and their service absolutely stink. Nothing to stop you waking into shop with dogsh*t on your shoes, though. wink.png

• Like 2

Of course there is little to no customer service in Thailand

Nothing made here every breaks, everything you buy is perfect and there is never a need to ask questions or return items

Everything here in Thailand is perfect

Many, if not a majority of consumer products sold in Thailand are not, or no longer made in Thailand. What counts more is the retailer and their policy on refunds and/or returns.

Not good,the Atm took my card the other day,not my bank but another in town,was told to come back the next day to get it,they would call me as they were waiting for the machine to be opened and restocked that afternoon,and could then retrieve my card,of course no phone call,so i will have to go back today,am waiting for some bs excuse,reckon they just forgot,not much better in Australia i have to say though.

There's no customer service in Europe so Thailand is much better! In Europe you can often walk into a store and the only shop assistants are working the till so you have to queue up if you need help.In Thailand there are so many shop assistants that you can choose which one looks the most competent!

I had a shirt ruined by my laundry. Owner took full repsonsibility and

although she gave me money to replace it, you could see it was like a day's

takings. It might have had something to do with

the fact that I'm a regular customer but the shirt was pretty expensive

at 8K.Went to the shop, bought the shirt again but it was on sale. The look

of shock on the owner's face when I gave her back 3.5K was priceless.

It is possible to get good CS in the country - just ask people you trust for

recommendations. Still no g'tee of great service but less chance of being

disappointed

• Like 1

A most times I have and do receive satisfactory service and hardly any problems with goods purchased, but once in a while I am unlucky enough to buy a dud or a service has been crap.

After living in Thailand for many years I have formed the attitude that if and when a purchase is not up to standard or a service does not reach expectations, is to make my disappointment known and if the company or store refuses to appease me then I turn my back and never return to a particular store or service provider again, or in other words, once bitten, 100 times shy.

From long ago I lost the energy and will power to put up a fight in these matters and then just put it down to bad luck and experience. The best revenge is to hit these companies in the pocket, just don`t use their services again and tell others to avoid these places that can make an impact considering that most Thai companies, large and small depend on having good reputations.

• Like 1

Careful with that, they can have you up on all sorts of laws. Remember, you can't intentionally make someone lose face/business even if they and their service absolutely stink. Nothing to stop you waking into shop with dogsh*t on your shoes, though. wink.png

If the were true in practice this thread would be long gone, especially the OP's statement naming and shaming the place.

It's a pillow mate.

Why try to ridicule his business over a pillow?

You're the first person I've ever heard of that dry cleans their pillows, look fair enough, but maybe the dry cleaner has never dry cleaned a pillow before.

• Like 1

customer service is reasonable in Thailand .... it's after sales service that is totally non existent ... coffee1.gif

Are you serious? none of the sales staff have any knowledge of whatever product they are trying to sell, not a clue!

Very easy solution.

Choose exactly what you want to buy yourself by researching it on the interwebby thing and then buy it without asking them.

Its incrediblt easy. Choose a TV,buy a TV.

Why would you need any advice? Beyond that, let the missus buy everything else.

Trust me, it makes for a very stress free day.

compared to my own country, i am satisfied with customer service in Thailand. Perhaps thai people do practise some discrimination depending on where you come from.

where are you from mate, North Korea? It's nothing to do with discrimination, after sales does just not exist and it's the customers fault as they should not have bought an item or used a service. Thais will neither accept responsibility for anything or admit fault, therefore they are incapable of customer service, to all including Thai.

It's a pillow mate.

Why try to ridicule his business over a pillow?

You're the first person I've ever heard of that dry cleans their pillows, look fair enough, but maybe the dry cleaner has never dry cleaned a pillow before.

Could be worse - he never dry cleaned anything ever before - nor does he intend to start doing that.

Seriously, I've had a shop charge the 5 x higher price, then do normal washing. (Stupid farang, serves him right?!?) blink.png

compared to my own country, i am satisfied with customer service in Thailand. Perhaps thai people do practise some discrimination depending on where you come from.

where are you from mate, North Korea? It's nothing to do with discrimination, after sales does just not exist and it's the customers fault as they should not have bought an item or used a service. Thais will neither accept responsibility for anything or admit fault, therefore they are incapable of customer service, to all including Thai.

some retailers are only in charge of selling and do not provide after-sales support. As a consumer, you have to do your homework first.