Any Microsoft OneDrive Experts Here? Need Some Help With Setup

mattk1

Hi guys,

I have already emailed Microsoft about this but in the meantime I thought I'd see if anyone else has hit this problem before and sorted it out.

So I have 30GB of free OneDrive storage, that is, the 15GB everybody gets plus I gained another 15GB by enabling the camera roll setting on my iPhone OneDrive app.

My Videos folder on my laptop is 22.6GB in size and I would like to backup the whole folder to OneDrive, yet when I try to do it I get a message telling me there is not enough space, strange!

So I had a look and everywhere states that I have 30GB available except one place, which is the settings menu accessed from the little icon in the task bar which says I have 15GB! (see attached picture);

I do plan on subscribing to more space but as you can see, I shouldn't need to right away as the folder I want to backup is smaller than the available space I (allegedly) have. facepalm.gif

Anybody have a similar problem before and managed to figure it out, I'd be very grateful of your help biggrin.png

Cheers

post-153203-0-58533300-1420524983_thumb.

Edited by mattk1

MS have a "Onedrive Troubleshooter" tool.

I have used it before when Onedrive got stuck syncing

It is a program you download and run.

I think there is a different version for Win8 and Win7, so just do a Google search for the version you need.

That might help get your local version of Onedrive up to date with the amount of storage you should have.

• Like 1

Hi riggi,

I gave the troubleshooter a run through and it reset some log file thing but didn't correct the 'problem'. I have found (by using the correct terminology) facepalm.gif that everything is correct.

The 15.2GB reported in settings is the available space on the hard drive if I was to make all files available 'offline'. This link answers my question and may help others out also:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/sdfiles-sdother/onedrive-space-drasticallly-reduced-what-is-up/91c94526-0c4f-472c-8356-75dbfbd0598f

Thanks for you help anyway mate, much appreciated biggrin.png

Maybe it's because you local drive doesn't have enough room for the sync folder?

What operating system are you using?

On Windows the sync folder is not in your Video folder. It's located on the operating system hard drive (usually C:\Users\username\SkyDrive)

This quick tip will help you relocate the default OneDrive folder location to open up storage space. It’ll be good to relocate it to a secondary storage drive on your computer. Applies to Windows 7 and above.

• Like 1

Hi BB1950,

Thanks for your reply, you are spot on, my local drive doesn't have enough room for the sync folder as I have now discovered facepalm.gif

Also big cheers for that toptip link, that's exactly what I want to do biggrin.png

Thanks again!! thumbsup.gif