NRC confident solar roof system will benefit Thais

webfact

All they need to do it talk to the United States and see how much money has been wasted on this crap . They tried back in the 80's and now trying again.

Does the company Solindra ring a bell ? I think I misspelled it. Took the tax payers for 9 billion dollars.

Sad the seppo's (America) can't get it right, sorry about that mate, as for the aussie's well yeah doing just fine thanks, solar panels on the roof and pushing back into the grid and getting a pay cheque each month not that hard man really,

The big question is getting the right type of panel for tropical region and then ya got a fighting chance with the best type batteries.

Yeah right. Solar produced energy being bought back at 3 - 4 times its actual value because stupid politicians want to push an agenda. Billion dollar solar power stations that will produce the most expensive energy ever generated in oz. And with all this 'free' energy, how much has the price dropped?

• Like 1

All they need to do it talk to the United States and see how much money has been wasted on this crap . They tried back in the 80's and now trying again.

Does the company Solindra ring a bell ? I think I misspelled it. Took the tax payers for 9 billion dollars.

Sad the seppo's (America) can't get it right, sorry about that mate, as for the aussie's well yeah doing just fine thanks, solar panels on the roof and pushing back into the grid and getting a pay cheque each month not that hard man really,

The big question is getting the right type of panel for tropical region and then ya got a fighting chance with the best type batteries.

Yeah right. Solar produced energy being bought back at 3 - 4 times its actual value because stupid politicians want to push an agenda. Billion dollar solar power stations that will produce the most expensive energy ever generated in oz. And with all this 'free' energy, how much has the price dropped?

used to have one of those solar hot water heaters on the roof. abundant hot water, lasted for years and years saved us dollars and dollars in electricity cost.

used to have one of those solar hot water heaters on the roof. abundant hot water, lasted for years and years saved us dollars and dollars in electricity cost.

Here in Thailand those solar water heaters tend to cost in the range of 80.000 Baht. Will take centuries before my water heater has used 80.000 Baht in electricity.

While living in NSW, I priced one. Even if I illegally installed it myself, the cost of the unit invested would return more than the cost of off-peak electricity for a storage unit supplying a family of 4 (3 females). Or if you like, the savings from a solar water heater would never pay off the loan to buy it.

In Thailand, because 'cold' water is quite warm, the running cost of an instantaneous heater is quite small. That's why they are so common.

While living in NSW, I priced one. Even if I illegally installed it myself, the cost of the unit invested would return more than the cost of off-peak electricity for a storage unit supplying a family of 4 (3 females). Or if you like, the savings from a solar water heater would never pay off the loan to buy it.

In Thailand, because 'cold' water is quite warm, the running cost of an instantaneous heater is quite small. That's why they are so common.

now i think back i dont think we actually paid for. we got it installed free too as part of a promotion deal. no idea how much it would have cost.

Edited by koo wallety tourist

Thermal solar systems make sense in Thailand.

The whole consists of only 2 glass plates with fine copper pipes in between, a small pump and a hot water storage tank. The water is heated during the day by the sun and at the evening you can have a hot shower. The whole can build self made for 5000 baht or you can buy a kit for 15,000- 40,000 baht, depending on the application, requirements and control electronics.

I see all the resorts with their bungalow and Houses for rent in the tourist regions.

Guess 98% of all these have a small electrical water heater for 3,000 - 5,000 Baht installed.

I know from personal experience that such water heaters usually max. work for 3 years, after you have to buy a new one.

We plan for our small resort this year gradually to convert to thermal solar.

That is the cheapest thermal solar system for 300Baht thumbsup.gif

post-151287-0-09563100-1425191774_thumb.

Edited by tomacht8