Weed suppressing membrane where to buy in Pattaya.

banglay

Hello All !!

Has anyone seen any good quality weed suppressing membrane anywhere in or around Pattaya .

and any advice on where to buy a large quantity of ornamental gravel ( Not just the small bag) and I am talking several tons here .

Cheers in advance .

Are you going to put it under the rocks? If so, I buy it buy the roll at a local hardware store. It's relatively cheap and so far has lasted about 4 years.

As for rocks, are you talking about the colored rocks you buy by the bag? Black, red and white? If so, the best prices I've found have been down towards Bang Saray. If you head down Sukhumvit, there's one place just before the turnoff for 331, on the beach side, so you'll need to do a U-turn.

Another is past Queen Sirikit hospital, on the left as you are headed south, just past some traffic lights and where the road starts to narrow again. There are 2 plant shops there. The second one has delivered many bags to our house and we've been able to negotiate some pretty good prices. Much better than what you get here in Pattaya.

I can send screen shots from Google earth if you are interested.

• Like 1

Are you going to put it under the rocks? If so, I buy it buy the roll at a local hardware store. It's relatively cheap and so far has lasted about 4 years.

As for rocks, are you talking about the colored rocks you buy by the bag? Black, red and white? If so, the best prices I've found have been down towards Bang Saray. If you head down Sukhumvit, there's one place just before the turnoff for 331, on the beach side, so you'll need to do a U-turn.

Another is past Queen Sirikit hospital, on the left as you are headed south, just past some traffic lights and where the road starts to narrow again. There are 2 plant shops there. The second one has delivered many bags to our house and we've been able to negotiate some pretty good prices. Much better than what you get here in Pattaya.

Yes please! send me the screenshots .. :-) I live at Bang Saray so all are pretty convenient .

Thank you for taking the time to reply ..Cheers

Yes please! send me the screenshots .. :-) I live at Bang Saray so all are pretty convenient .

Thank you for taking the time to reply ..Cheers

If you are looking for tonnes of the stones, go to Ang Sila just south of Chonburi, that is where they all come from, around half the price of anything around Pattaya, same for the decorative facing stones.As you turn off from Sukhumvit at the Mercedes garage, follow the road and you will find 30-40 shops at either side.

Edited by LennyW
  • Like 2

Great recommendation. I've driven by this area before. Lots of shops there and some great places with plants and decorative pots, etc.

One place close to you is just before the turn off from Suk to 332 (not 331). Heading south, do a u-turn there and it's just past that large decorative structure that's over the road. I've attached a screen shot. It's hit and miss there. Sometimes they have these, sometimes they don't. And they'll negotiate prices if you buy a lot.

The next place is down by the navy base. As you pass the light to the entrance of the base to your right (as you are headed south), it's on the left. I attached a screen shot, notice the large lighthouse? Good landmark and also the traffic light.

There's a plant shop first, then you'll see this place. Bags of rocks will be on the road. The road kinda narrows there and it's a bit uphill. On your left. Great people and I've bought lots of stuff from them for delivery to our house here in NaJomtien. Jigsaw pictures, pots, decorative sculptures, plants, etc. Very nice shop.

I'm terrible with GPS and google earth, but here's the coordinates I get when placing a pin at the location:

12°40'1.39"N

100°55'17.16"E

P.S. if you are on a road trip, as you enter Ban Chang, on the left are a few shops also. I've found the prices higher there for rocks, but great selection of goodies for the garden. They are about 2km past where 332 cuts into Suk, and past the overpass. Before BC proper, and before Tesco.

Best of luck!

post-5869-0-24921500-1420601315_thumb.pn

post-5869-0-79679600-1420601657_thumb.pn

post-5869-0-01442500-1420601731_thumb.pn

post-5869-0-75455200-1420602468_thumb.pn