Pattaya Traffic Police Officer killed in hit-and-run road crash

webfact

Pattaya Traffic Police Officer killed in hit-and-run road crash

police-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Tuesday afternoon, Police and medics rushed to the scene of a fatal road crash on the Sukhumvit Road which caused the death of a long-serving and well-respected Pattaya Traffic Police Officer.

The crash occurred on the Pattaya-bound carriageway between Central and North Pattaya, just before the exit leading to Highway 7, just before 5pm and led to the death of Police Lieutenant Pradit aged 55 who was due to retire from the Police force in the coming months.

Witnesses, including one of his Police colleagues saw a Black Mitsubishi Pajero rear-end the officer’s motorbike. The SUV ran over the officer and then fled the scene. The victim died instantly from a catastrophic life-ending head injury.

Local officers coordinated with Police Stations around the Province to search for the offending vehicle and its driver and less than 30 minutes later, Officers from Nongkam Police Station in nearby Sriracha District had stopped a vehicle matching the description of the SUV involved in the crash. It also had front-end damage.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/163220/pattaya-traffic-police-officer-killed-in-hit-and-run-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-01-07

This was sent to my wife yesterday on facebook ,he was not wearing his helmet.

Harsh but no sympathy for any one not wearing a helmet. He may have surviced serious head injuries if he was wearing one AND had it strapped on.

I stupidly sometimes don't wear one when my motorcy taxi driver doesn't have one for his passengers.

Still RTP only enforces wearing them when they want tea money.

I do feel sorry for the guy but if traffic police were enforcing the laws maybe drivers would drive in

a more controlled and safer manner. The life the traffic police save could be there own. RIP

It will be interesting to see how this pans out compared to the Red Bull driver's case.

I would not know how to compare any cases, as after the initial coverage, I never see any follow up on whether the culprit gets convicted, goes to jail etc?

Do we know the status of the red bull case?

It will be interesting to see how this pans out compared to the Red Bull driver's case.

I would not know how to compare any cases, as after the initial coverage, I never see any follow up on whether the culprit gets convicted, goes to jail etc?

Do we know the status of the red bull case?

Last time I heard about it was in September 2013 in The New Yorker:

Last week, Vorayuth’s alleged crime made headlines once more when he failed to appear for an indictment hearing in Bangkok. The reason: according to his lawyer, Vorayuth had fallen ill during a business trip to nearby Singapore, and was recuperating there on doctor’s orders. That meant that Vorayuth’s indictment was postponed for the sixth time

http://www.newyorker.com/business/currency/the-red-bull-heir-and-inequality-in-thailand

The only thing that might have changed is the number of postponed indictments.

He survived 55 years driving around with no helmet and working as a cop. Not bad really, sooner or later he will run out of luck . He was probably looking forward for his retirement.

"Witnesses, including one of his Police colleagues saw a Black Mitsubishi Pajero rear-end the officer’s motorbike. The SUV ran over the officer and then fled the scene. The victim died instantly from a catastrophic life-ending head injury."

If you have a look on these pictures from "PATTAYA ONE NEWS", I am in doubt of this eye witness.

I cannot see any impact of an over running either on the motorbike or on the police officer.

If you have seen some rear end accidents with motorbikes/cars then you know all the parts of the motorbike and body are spread around.

What I can see is that he didn't used his helmet. Normally these BIB don't take their helmets off. But maybe, that's the new safety rules for a investigation you have to use your helmet but for driving a motorbike is it not required.

There must be a poor learning curve here with the Thai police. Not two weeks ago a policeman

was seriously injured on his way home who was not wearing a helmet. Made ironic by the fact he probably spent the day handing out tickets to people who were not wearing helmets. After that case, you would think there would have been a meeting at the police station, instructing EVERY policeman to wear their helmets at all times. And yet today here is another accident of the same time with no helmet. Maybe now there will be a safety meeting ???

Sounds like the police arrested the driver of the car. I would not want to be that guy right

now. (deleted)

Edited by petercool
spurious comment deleted

Sorry for the man that died, always bad. It is a shame little good is the probable outcome. It is fortunate for the perpetrator that I do not make the laws here. If I did, causing death in this way and fleeing the scene would be classed as murder and attract the highest sentence.

I have witnessed two hit and run accidents in Pattaya, one resulting in the death of a German tourist crossing the road, he was hit by a speeding pickup and killed instantly

the driver of the pickup stopped briefly then drove away at high speed,

Seems to me from what i have seen and read about a large percentage of drivers involved in accidents in Thailand wont take responsibility for their actions and flee the scene.

Suspect released without charge in Pattaya Police Officer fatal crash case

police-41.jpg

PATTAYA: -- The investigation into the death of a long-serving Pattaya Traffic Police Officer close to the entrance of Highway 7 on Tuesday has suffered a setback as a suspect and his vehicle were found not to have been involved in the incident.

Police Lieutenant Pradit aged 55, who was months away from retiring from the Police Force, was killed after his motorbike was rear-ended by a Black Mitsubishi Pajero on the Sukhumvit Road, close to the Highway 7 slip road on the Sattahip-bound carriageway.

It was revealed that the officer was on his way home after completing a shift when the crash occurred and speculation has been widespread on social media that the crash may not have been an accident and may involve a Pattaya Bar Owner but this is purely speculation for now.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/163500/suspect-released-without-charge-in-pattaya-police-officer-fatal-crash-case/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-01-08

To all the wise-assed posters above: a Mitsubishi Pajero runs over my head, and what helmet exactly will save my life? Brand and model name please, and where to buy.

Thank you for someone with a brain in their head posting part of what I wanted to say to every single poster who wrote anything at all about whether or not this policeman had a helmet. Whether or not he was wearing a helmet is completely beside the point of this story. A man was kill and then run over by the same vehicle that hit him.

It's unbelievable how many heartless, thoughtless posters there are on TV.