Farang Busker at Markets.

Bogan Koori

there is one farang with blond hair that stands an sings with his guitar at the Friday night market in Kamala.

I make it a point to stare at him an shake my head. Doesn't even sing in English

the thais find him amusing

He is Russian and sings in Russian.

He must make something in the way of money or he wouldnt be turning up month after month..

Why do you stare at him and shake your head?

Cause as a Farang its <deleted> embarrassing.

ok get your point but could you elaborate a bit more as to why you thought he was English and not,say Irish or Welch or Scottish

where do welch people come from? somewhere people dont pay their debts?! whistling.gif

back on topic; busked as a teenager, great fun at the time but thank goodness my life amounted to more.

and busking in a third world country? a bit pathetic.

my apologies to the WELSH nation also to the spelling police tongue.png

Actually, you sort of got it right the first time.

Welch is just an archaic way of spelling Welsh.

A good example would be in the British army regiment the Royal Welch Fusiliers.

I detect a modicum of unkindness on TV towards buskers. I have always felt that street acts of any kind add variety and character to a city whether they are locals or imports. I mean the most interesting, no, the only interesting thing I saw on a visit to Pattaya recently were the Turkish ice cream sellers. I know they are not buskers but variety is the spice of life so why not live and let live.

A foreigner is seen singing and playing in Thailand to top up his income and immediately regarded as a scumbagsad.png when half Africa and Asia beg for money on the streets of our home countries as a permanent job and worst of all actually get a decent income doing so but hey they need to make a living!rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

I detect a modicum of unkindness on TV towards buskers. I have always felt that street acts of any kind add variety and character to a city whether they are locals or imports. I mean the most interesting, no, the only interesting thing I saw on a visit to Pattaya recently were the Turkish ice cream sellers. I know they are not buskers but variety is the spice of life so why not live and let live.

I'm not against the busking at all. I'm against him using his children to solicit the donations.

I'm assuming they don't go to school here so what is this teaching them?

• Like 1

how does one look English?? please tell do Aussies look Australian do Canadians look Canadian

"English" is an ethnic group of people, so their is most certainly an English "look," separate from Scottish, Welsh, and other white folks, etc. That isn't really the case for immigrant nations like Australia, Canada, and the U.S (although certainly their is a native look of folks from those regions,).

It's not strange to say someone has an English face or build, but of course it's weird to talk about an "American" or "Australian" face or build (other than fat?), unless referring to the true natives of those areas, because Canadian/American/Australian refers to a nationality, not an ethnicity. Not the case for England or Sweden or German, even though there might be lots of recent immigration there.