Retirement visa-financing a car

My neighbor down the block who is on a visa based on retirement just bought a new Toyota truck and put 30% down and financed the rest over 4 years. Of course he has been doing business with this dealer for many years. The problem here in Thailand is almost no bank (because your loan is through a bank and not the dealer) wants to loan to anyone over 60 years of age because you may die soon and not pay off your loan. All I can suggest is to visit a few dealers and ask them if they will finance your purchase. You may have to put more down to get a loan.

Good luck.

I dont think they are too worried about retiree's dying as such as the car is the security, it may be more of a case that the deposit will be higher..

Although the biggest problem is finding the right dealer/finance company, as the almost default answer when somebody is not quite sure in Thailand is "Sorry, Cannot do!"

It may help if you have a more legalised status in Thailand, such as holding a yellow house book for a number of years etc.. rather than be a person who hops from one rented accomodation to another..