Witholding Tax on fixed deposit accounts

I have just been to the tax office in Khon Kaen to apply for a refund of taxation on my BKK fixed deposit account and no problems, when I was looking for information I saw on the BKK bank website that you could take your tax registration to show them and they may be able to pay interest with no tax deducted. has anybody tried this and if so what was their experience

Hey mate please please please walk me through how you go about this, especially where the offices are for lodging applications etc in KKC.

Also do you have any idea whether you have to get the certificate from your actual branch itself or will any branch do?

Hey mate please please please walk me through how you go about this, especially where the offices are for lodging applications etc in KKC.

Also do you have any idea whether you have to get the certificate from your actual branch itself or will any branch do?

If you search on Thai visa for Obtaining Refund Of Tax Withheld On Thai Bank Fixed Savings Account this gives you all the details, I went to my bank branch for the certificate but if it is all computerized I would imagine that any branch would do, their is an office for the revenue where you go for house registration

• Like 1

Very easy to get refund. First get a form from bank showing tax deducted,you can go back 2 yrs. Then go to local tax office and apply for tax number,need copies of passport. Then apply for refund,should take about an hour first time. This yr. I was in and out in under 10 mins,come back in 2 weeks for refund chq.

You should be able to get the last three years back.

How can we get this withholding waived and bypass the refund process?

They SAY on a fixed account you can't, but i am not convinced.

i and my wife have been trying for over 4yrs.

NO CAN DO.

wife has just gone to put our tax forms in [2014]

what you need.

tax certificates from your bank.

proof of address.

pass books of matured accs.

passport.

you do need to register for a tax id.no.[if not already done so ]

2 copies of all.

the staff are quite helpfull.

then sit back and wait for the cheque.last yr.they were a little late but we have had it 10-14days.

If you search on Thai visa for Obtaining Refund Of Tax Withheld On Thai Bank Fixed Savings Account this gives you all the details, I went to my bank branch for the certificate but if it is all computerized I would imagine that any branch would do, their is an office for the revenue where you go for house registration

Regarding the part about the certificate and any branch can do it, I went to my Bangkok Bank branch today where I keep my fixed accounts, got the certificate in just a few minutes as usual, and then I asked could I have got the certificate at any Bangkok Bank branch versus this branch that I have my account at? The clerk answered quickly saying it had to be the branch you have the account at...she then asked the question to the clerk next to her and got a confirmation. I had asked the question because the branch I use for my fixed account is about 20KM away from my home and I do have closer Bangkok Bank branches that I visit sometimes to get cash.

Now I'm not saying any branch couldn't give you a tax certificate if you have an account with them, but they may not if you don't have an account with them. Just relaying what I was told today from a Bangkok Bank clerk at this one branch. Other banks may be different...different banks, different policies. Plus I've been told wrong things by clerks before due to a misunderstanding.

For those listening in, have you tried to get your tax certificate from a different branch than you have the account at? If so, what were your results?

Now I just need to get down the tax office to file...probably do that later this week or early next week.