Visa ED, only got 2 months extension.

I was told only last week by my school that I will have to go to lao in 3 month (once I have received my extension for second 3 month) to obtain a new visa and then again in 6 month time ..

Yes, they are saying that. It remains to be seen if they will perform such a blatant violation of their own written rules that were enabled just 5 months ago. At the rate of two visa trips an year, and shortened extensions plus increased studying hours, the entire thing stops making sense and nobody in their right mind will insist being abused.

What do you suggest to do paz ?

What do you suggest to do paz ?

That if and when you will be denied the extension before one year has passed, you go get a double entry tourist visa in Vientane or Savannakhet Laos. Actually if you haven't paid for much future tuition, you could do that at the next occasion and keep studying at your own pace and payment schedule.

• Like 1

I was told only last week by my school that I will have to go to lao in 3 month (once I have received my extension for second 3 month) to obtain a new visa and then again in 6 month time ..

Yes, they are saying that. It remains to be seen if they will perform such a blatant violation of their own written rules that were enabled just 5 months ago. At the rate of two visa trips an year, and shortened extensions plus increased studying hours, the entire thing stops making sense and nobody in their right mind will insist being abused.

"They say" is the school, not immigration...

So if your school looses its accreditation because of misconduct and tries to blame it on a so-called "new rule", the student shall swallow it up, abandon the ED visa he just paid a lot for (it's one of the most expensive school), and travel to Vientiane to get a tourist visa?

Intresting to see that Pro language updated their homepage: "One year non-immigrant “ED” Visas are available to applicants who enroll on any of our full group courses." Take it that's incorrect at present?

Edited by Hawkup2000

Intresting to see that Pro language updated their homepage: "One year non-immigrant “ED” Visas are available to applicants who enroll on any of our full group courses." Take it that's incorrect at present?

psss

It's not Prolanguage...

it's the school that we cannot name.

Prolanguage is the one getting very short extensions (1 week to a month).

Edited by Kitsune

psss

It's not Prolanguage...

Hawkup2000 is correct. It says it here: http://www.prolanguage.co.th/courses/ed-visa-services/

Also the "school that we cannot name" too. My post got deleted yesterday after someone said they are "the best school" even though that poster only got 6 months & I pointed out their site wasn't updated with the correct info even 1 month later after the promise from the owner himself.

psss

It's not Prolanguage...

Hawkup2000 is correct. It says it here: http://www.prolanguage.co.th/courses/ed-visa-services/

Also the "school that we cannot name" too. My post got deleted yesterday after someone said they are "the best school" even though that poster only got 6 months & I pointed out their site wasn't updated with the correct info even 1 month later after the promise from the owner himself.

My post also got deleted and I didn't say I got 6 month I said I have a 1 year visa , but every 6 month I would have to go to an embassy to obtain a new visa since it appears that apparently handwritten notes on the single entry visa mean Beginner course ..and these notes will change every 6 month .

This is what I was lead to believe up to now.

P.s. why are posts being deleted ?

psss

It's not Prolanguage...

Ok my bad... forgot Prolanguage was in the same situation, so many info,so many changes, it's difficult to keep up.

So the two biggest private schools in Thailand have had their accreditation reduced by half?

Wow

Please note that many other schools are still on 1 year and the official law is still one year. Don't let your school tell you otherwise

I confirm all the reports here, just came back from CW today, Belgian passport studying at pro school, 30 days extension max for everyone, to my surpirse the officers were speaking to me only in thai so I guess some sort of testing my skill all the other students who came from my school got only 30 days including the ones who can or can not speak thai.

Edited by marcofunny

I confirm all the reports here, just came back from CW today, Belgian passport studying at pro school, 30 days extension max for everyone, to my surpirse the officers were speaking to me only in thai so I guess some sort of testing my skill all the other students who came from my school got only 30 days including the ones who can or can not speak thai.

Why? What did pro language do to piss of immigration? I don't understand this... Much less why the students are bearing the costs of the conflict.

And no one asked for explanation?

the main reason given to us is that a lot of Koreans are using the ED-Visa scheme to work illegally, so the immigration officers put a couple of schools into the black list, I notice that they don't really care that much about testing the applicant's linguistical skills but it s just used as a cover excuse to justify their shorter extension and that goes the same for the attendance record whether you attend or no it s the same result I even heard from one of the school employee that there were even some refusals with 7 days stamps for some of their students.

Edited by marcofunny

the main reason given to us is that a lot of Koreans are using the ED-Visa scheme to work illegally, so the immigration officers put a couple of schools into the black list, I notice that they don't really care that much about testing the applicant's linguistical skills but it s just used as a cover excuse to justify their shorter extension and that goes the same for the attendance record whether you attend or no it s the same result I even heard from one of the school employee that there were even some refusals with 7 days stamps for some of their students.

So it is the second time that it is reported that there is a crackdown on Koreans, because of illegal working.

Note to moderators: this time it is a first hand report and cannot be qualified as rumor anymore.

Could you tell us what's your school?

Edited by Kitsune

So it is the second time that it is reported that there is a crackdown on Koreans, because of illegal working.

Note to moderators: this time it is a first hand report and cannot be qualified as rumor anymore.

Could you tell us what's your school?

It's not a rumor at all! Several months back.... The Bangkok Post interviewed some of the top police officers and they stated that Koreans and Russians were the two most prominent nationalities working in Thailand illegally.

Unfortunately, cannot link to Bangkok Post stories on Thai visa. It was over 6 months ago as well, so you may need to be a subscriber to access the archives.