Digital TV

Forkinhades

• 1 month later...

Been using the dvbt2 and small outside antenna pointed towards Sri ratcha for many months now with no problem. Pickup all the Thai channels and a couple of others like new TV (good for documentaries) and mono 29 (good for movies and western series ). But don't know what has happened today as signal is gone for all. Perhaps maintenance.

Naamblar2014 are can you check to see what frequencies your tuned to and post them on here please.

I'm still getting channels on these frequencies but its far from reliable

5 MUX's from Bangkok
on CH 26 @ 514 MHz
CH 36 @ 594 Mhz
Ch 40 @ 626 Mhz
Ch 44 @ 658 Mhz
Ch 52 @ 722 Mhz
but only 2 MUX's from the Pattaya transmitter on
CH 53 @ 730 Mhz
Ch 56 @ 754 Mhz
the signal from Bangkok is quite variable in strength but even the signal from Pattaya can quite often just disappear for a few seconds.
I don't know if its an interference, transmitter or receiving equipment problem...its really quite annoying so hardly ever watch it now.

Thanks for the info Naamblar2014 you are getting all but 1 of the Pattaya/Siricha/Rayong MUX's ( CH 45 @ 666 Mhz )

strange that I can only get 2 MUX's thanks for confirming they are transmitting on 650 and 778 MHZ

626,658 and 594 Mhz are from the Bangkok transmitter which explains why the signal is marginal

I remember when they first started Digital TV in the London ( UK ) area having the same sorts of problems until they completely switched off the

analogue signal the digital one always seemed to be problematic.

'twas good to see above, the lists of DVB-T frequencies.

for those who are experiencing problems, by continuing to use their old large analog antennas

- you'll need to follow up with a query on what the old analog frequencies were in your area(s)?

Around the world, many analog stations shifted to entirely different Bands, and the changes in Frequencies between the Old and the New may mean you encounter a complete incompatabilty, with the Frequency Specifications of your new DVB-T service.

- if possible, try to avoid sourcing Yagis or Log-Periodic designs, due to their inferior gain.

I don't know what your local antenna market provides - but if possible, try to obtain the following design,

the UHF Phased Array, which is much superior in gain, being an Ultra High Gain Super-Fringe Antenna:

post-205215-0-63400600-1468937973_thumb.

don't know what your local antenna market provides - but if possible, try to obtain the following design,

I have looked in many shops for antennas in Pattaya area but never seen the UHF Phased Array as tifino posted above

most places have pathetic active indoor antenna some at silly prices..the best selection I found so far was at Amorn in the basement of Tukcom

this is the "biggest" they had.

post-2109-0-02613500-1463472258_thumb.jp

Smart Engineering D15E outdoor digital antenna 550 baht it works quite well but I think I'm getting interference from somewhere.

sophon are now all digital if you have a digital tuner - external box or internal in TV either will do, connect to the sophon cable feed and scan/tune for the 90 odd channels

Banglamung cable are also sending what I suppose is DVB-C2 but normal DVBT-2 tuners can receive it they are also still sending the analogue

signal down the same cable !

in a couple of cases this caused much confusion why the new fangled digital TV had such a crappy snow filled picture laugh.png

• 1 year later...

Unless you live right next to the transmitter you will need an outdoor antenna high up on the roof or balcony

I had good results with this 500 baht antenna bought from Amorn in Tukcom basement...but had trouble with the long cable run from roof to my TV

and maybe interference from 4G mobile signals

1504587438763.jpg.fb9e4aa428cbbd30fae919d44573279f.jpg1504587612273.jpg.29495673730036012c1a6d00346d9485.jpg1504587732300.jpg.0a386c06388e57f5034ec9ccf7e682e2.jpg

Recently the management company

installed a larger antenna + 4G filter and signal amplifier box wired into the now obsolete satellite SMATV system

1504588415154.jpg.4481721546fe9f3896911251db58be9c.jpg

Now have constantly good strong signal

1504588679809.jpg.76174d0955446b736a29e52b0b5e625f.jpg

Thanks, looks like you are down near Na Jomtien from the view :)

Anyone the other side of town in Pottisan/BKK hospital?

Yes Na-Jomtien
In your area a smaller (outside) antenna would probably be sufficient if you have clear line of sight to the transmitter and a short (ish) cable run.

Any foreign TV channels being transmitted in the air ?

None at all..but as sungod pointed out Mono29 airs a lot of programs with the original soundtrack + the dubbed into Thai....with the same 2 "handsome voice" actors they use for everything sountrack.

There is another channel that has been reported to show some documentaries with Thai + original languages soundtrack but I can't remember the name.

Archived