22-Year-Old Shot Dead After Turning Down Snooker Challenge

Lite Beer

Snooker joints can attract a bad element here - just as pool halls in the US did when I was growing up.

Remember James Wattana [Thaiphoon] ? His father was gunned down in his own snooker club.

When I first came here I thought that they named a road after him - Jaeng Wattana Road.

I spent hundreds of days in snooker halls here and elsewhere and been beaten up with cues, cheated out of cash etc. Still got a photo of myself and Stephen Hendry when he came here in 1996 ish. Never had a drink with me but Tony Drago and Jimmy White, wow that's a whjole other story.

No rest and come quickly back again - Thais don't sat RIP.

As for all the one liner replies about Thai males etc - pathetic. This happens all over the world.

No it dosnt, snooker clubs arnt pool halls, in most parts of the world thats like comparing a wine bar with the local bar.

Two very different kinds of game with two very different kinds of people generally. At least in civilised countries, its taken Asia to turn snooker into just another gambling ridden sideshow for wannabe street gangsters and this is the result.

Your right tho its pathetic and also sad.

RIP to the victim.

Edited by englishoak

Its a shame that it is so easy for the local brain dead population to get their paws on a gun, I guess the zombie who did the shooting must have lost face so decided to murder someone......pathetic.

. The best rewards

Better buy a pool table and play with friends at home.

Only desperate losers play with complete strangers anyway (no offence, it's just that I couldn't think of anything stranger than doing so).

I must be one of those desperate losers, played many a game in my time with strangers and found it very rewarding, learning their weaknesses, strengths, strategy. When you play with someone new, you watch, you learn and the best rewards from all this is I made many new friends and indeed improved my game.

Snooker joints can attract a bad element here - just as pool halls in the US did when I was growing up.

Remember James Wattana [Thaiphoon] ? His father was gunned down in his own snooker club.

When I first came here I thought that they named a road after him - Jaeng Wattana Road.

I spent hundreds of days in snooker halls here and elsewhere and been beaten up with cues, cheated out of cash etc. Still got a photo of myself and Stephen Hendry when he came here in 1996 ish. Never had a drink with me but Tony Drago and Jimmy White, wow that's a whjole other story.

As for all the one liner replies about Thai males etc - pathetic. This happens all over the world.

Why?

Want to wager he was neglected as a child? Man children like these are poster children for the zero population growth movement. This world really does not need more children. And why have children if you are going to neglect them, like this cockroach child was neglected? Who is his mother? Why did she do such a lousy job in raising him? Where was his father all this time? Did he have a father? Sounds like he was just trying to pick a fight. Sounds like he had no sense of self? What kind of man walks into a pool hall, challenges random people to a game, and then kills a guy for not playing with him? All the more reason to keep a 100,000 volt stun gun handy. This guy could have used a good stun or two. Hope he gets the ultimate stun.

Your average Thai Mr Macho.

The level of stupid in this country takes some beating sometimes. If stupid was what made a great snooker player this dipsh!t would be Steve Davis, ronnie o'sullivan and Steven Hendry all rolled into 1!

things like this are not particular to this country. grow up.

No it dosnt, snooker clubs arnt pool halls, in most parts of the world thats like comparing a wine bar with the local bar.

Two very different kinds of game with two very different kinds of people generally. At least in civilised countries, its taken Asia to turn snooker into just another gambling ridden sideshow for wannabe street gangsters and this is the result.

RIP to the victim.

you have no idea what you are talking about. snooker is played in pool halls in north america that you wouldnt have the guts to enter

RIP to the victim.

you have no idea what you are talking about. snooker is played in pool halls in north america that you wouldnt have the guts to enter

Exactly and thanks for proving my point, those are just pool halls with snooker tables in them, not the same as a snooker club and exactly what Mistertee just said, that the snooker halls here reminded him of the pool hall dives back in the US, ie street dangerous and full of wannabe gangsters.

Try a proper snooker club sometime if you can get someone to take you and you'll know what I mean about the difference in both clientèle and atmosphere. The better and quality snooker clubs are strictly members and guests only, often membership has a waiting list like a good golf or gentleman's club. Pool halls they aint.

RIP to the victim.

You missed the bit about "civilised countries". To the English, this means the countries that make up the UK, with the exception of N. Ireland, and possibly some cities such as Birmingham.

• Like 1

RIP to the victim.

You missed the bit about "civilised countries". To the English, this means the countries that make up the UK, with the exception of N. Ireland, and possibly some cities such as Birmingham.

coffee1.gif

Nope just meant civilised as ones that don't bring a gun to a game of snooker which is and has always been generally a gentleman's game not a thugs, its not the only one but the point was clearly wasted on you anyway, if you wanted a fight youd go to a football match or bar at home never ever a snooker club, we have civilised games and then we have ones for the masses (and lowlife ) like football or pool bars. Gives normal more gentle people something to enjoy without fear of being attacked by aholes.

Next time you see terrace riots or hooligans stabbing someone up at a cricket match let me know. Probably you would here if it ever caught on at Thai Unis the way they carry on with uni gang killings etc which is what I meant by Thailand being not civilised. ... get it ? rolleyes.gif

Edited by englishoak

RIP to the victim.

coffee1.gif

Nope just meant civilised as ones that don't bring a gun to a game of snooker which is and has always been generally a gentleman's game not a thugs, its not the only one but the point was clearly wasted on you anyway, if you wanted a fight youd go to a football match or bar at home never ever a snooker club, we have civilised games and then we have ones for the masses (and lowlife ) like football or pool bars. Gives normal more gentle people something to enjoy without fear of being attacked by aholes.

Next time you see terrace riots or hooligans stabbing someone up at a cricket match let me know. Probably you would here if it ever caught on at Thai Unis the way they carry on with uni gang killings etc which is what I meant by Thailand being not civilised. ... get it ? rolleyes.gif

I thought we were talking about an incident in THAILAND. Keep England, USA, Australia etc. out of it. When expats in Thailand hear this drivel they just turn off, doubting whether you know anything at all about Thailand, let alone live here.

The East end of London,was natorious for snooker hall violence. the 50,60,70 saw some of the worst. If you were looking for trouble a snooker hall was the place to go. It Is no longer a gentlemans sport,has not been for years. Things now seem to of become more civil in London,I cant speak for Birmingham,

Thailand is just going through,what the uk went through all those years ago I must admit they need to grow up a bit about this loss of face thing,as it is now

amusing the rest of the world