Minivan Bangkok to Pattaya.

natalieee

I will be taking the van from Victory Monument for the first time this week and wanted to know where the drop off point in Pattaya is, or if it is possible to get off early if it's closer to my accommodation.

I was hoping to get off somewhere in Central Pattaya as I am going to Sukhumvit 53.

And if I leave Bangkok around 5:30pm what time can I expect to arrive in Pattaya? 7:30pm?

Took only a couple for me at lunchtime.

Big difference between lunchtime and 5:30PM. It will be at least 3 hours and will be more if there's an accident or construction.

Depending on the van, the drop offs are normally on Sukhumvit. I think the farthest down they'll go is Tesco South Pattaya. Baht buses are right there to take you into town. Same with Pattaya Klang.

• Like 1

Big difference between lunchtime and 5:30PM. It will be at least 3 hours and will be more if there's an accident or construction.

Depending on the van, the drop offs are normally on Sukhumvit. I think the farthest down they'll go is Tesco South Pattaya. Baht buses are right there to take you into town. Same with Pattaya Klang.

Problem here is that you are completely wrong. We took off around 2pm and landed around 4pm. Last stop in actually on Pattaya Tai, around 50 metres from Walking Street. No need to take a Baht Bus anywhere. But seeing as the OP wants to get off at Sukhumvit, there isn't an issue there anyway.

Other buses can take longer(Took one from Pattaya(won't mention the name), which went around the houses, even to the Darkside, picking people up), which is why I specifically posted a link to Pattaya Van.

Problem here is that you are completely wrong. We took off around 2pm and landed around 4pm. Last stop in actually on Pattaya Tai, around 50 metres from Walking Street. No need to take a Baht Bus anywhere. But seeing as the OP wants to get off at Sukhumvit, there isn't an issue there anyway.

Other buses can take longer(Took one from Pattaya(won't mention the name), which went around the houses, even to the Darkside, picking people up), which is why I specifically posted a link to Pattaya Van.

Lunchtime is not 2pm till 4pm :)

• Like 1

There are different vans that arrive in different locations in Pattaya. Confirm drop-off location with the driver! I know of 3 locations: Some go to central festival mall, some stay along sukhumvit highway, some go to Pattaya Klang. There could be other locations too.

Edited by cigar7
  • Like 1

There are different vans that arrive in different locations in Pattaya. Confirm drop-off location with the driver! I know of 3 locations: Some go to central festival mall, some stay along sukhumvit highway, some go to Pattaya Klang. There could be other locations too.

There are a bunch of different van companies. One operates on Klang near Foodland. Others are all over the place.

My friend who comes here on a regular basis from Victory Monument has had problems getting just the right one...but now's got it pretty well sorted. If he leaves VM before 8am, he's here by 10am. If he leaves at 9am or later, he's here in about 3 hours. This is on Saturday. For holidays, all bets are off! 55555

I've already made a suggestion as to which to take.... Roong Reuang Coach Co. Ltd was opened in 1988. It is Pattaya's largest air- conditioned bus company....

The OP posted the question about taking a van from Victory Monument to Pattaya the Roong Reuang Coach Co. doesn,t operate from VM wai.gif

I've already made a suggestion as to which to take.... Roong Reuang Coach Co. Ltd was opened in 1988. It is Pattaya's largest air- conditioned bus company....

The OP posted the question about taking a van from Victory Monument to Pattaya the Roong Reuang Coach Co. doesn,t operate from VM wai.gif

Pattaya Van is the Roong Reuang Coach Co.

Sheesh...subtle doesn't work on this forum.

They are also BELL Travel Service. Getting the picture? wink.png

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu