Have to go Bangkok

Anthony5

On Thursday I will have some appointments in Bangkok.

All of them are near a BTS station. I will travel with my own car from Pattaya to Bangkok, but consider it a good idea to park my car somewhere near a BTS station and travel by BTS for my own convenience.

Coming from Pattaya, where near a BTS station should I be able to park for an extended period of time, without paying through the nose? Even if the parking lot should require me to take a short trip by taxi to the station would be of no concern.

How about parking at Tesco Lotus at On Nut, which is right by the BTS? Not sure what they charge for 'long term' parking, but I doubt it's excessive.

I had that in mind as an option already, but seem to recall that they allow a maximum of 3 hours parking, probably for the that reason.

Hopefully someone knows how much the rate is and post it here.

How about parking at Tesco Lotus at On Nut, which is right by the BTS? Not sure what they charge for 'long term' parking, but I doubt it's excessive.

Or drive up soi 52 and there might be a free space there outside Condo One or just round the corner..

Edited by kannot
  • Like 1

The Tesco-Lotus at Suk Soi 50, the Udom Suk Station, charges baht 50 an hour after three hours. I normally park there if I need to go downtown and sometimes just suck it up and pay the OT parking for a couple of hours.

Mac

I think you mean Tesco-Lotus at On Nut station. udom suk is at Suk Soi 103 and I cannot remember a Tesco there.

You might like to park at the convention center bITEC they have a direct access to the bts. Outside I have never payed anything. Underground parking is 20thb a hour.

The Tesco-Lotus at Suk Soi 50, the Udom Suk Station, charges baht 50 an hour after three hours. I normally park there if I need to go downtown and sometimes just suck it up and pay the OT parking for a couple of hours.

Mac

I think you mean Tesco-Lotus at On Nut station. udom suk is at Suk Soi 103 and I cannot remember a Tesco there.

You might like to park at the convention center bITEC they have a direct access to the bts. Outside I have never payed anything. Underground parking is 20thb a hour.

Are you sure Bitec has direct access to the BTS?

I thought the BTS was several kilometers away from there.

You can always park at the airport and take the BTS. Then you do not need to drive in Bangkok at all.

I'm not familiar with train connections in Bangkok.

Please explain the procedure.

I assume the BTS doesn't goes to the airport, but that the airport train or something. How often is there a train leaving from the airport and at what level to take it?

Where does this train connects to the BTS network?

That map is not up to date - new stations beyond onnut exist now all the way past bangna.

Quite so, but was trying to assist with the airport bit.

ok cool, maybe the op can park at Bitec - plenty of space and connected to the bts

It is a possibility of course if there is a station at Bitec, but I have to take many thing in consideration, which I don't know and for which I need help from the members.

The parking at airport for 250 Baht is a bit steep, but of course I also have to drive less distance and pay only 80 Baht tollway I think.

To go Bitec will be further driving distance I assume since I have to take the elevated highway from Chonburi and pay something like 110 Baht toll.

How much is the airport cityline for the whole distance, since I will have to go all the way to Phaya Thai?

Your advise in this is much appreciated.,

Mac

BITEC is next to Bang Na - but it is a long walk through a covered walkway then 200m up Sukhumvit. There's a motorbike taxi service during exhibitions.

That map is not up to date - new stations beyond onnut exist now all the way past bangna.

Quite so, but was trying to assist with the airport bit.

ok cool, maybe the op can park at Bitec - plenty of space and connected to the bts

It is a possibility of course if there is a station at Bitec, but I have to take many thing in consideration, which I don't know and for which I need help from the members.

The parking at airport for 250 Baht is a bit steep, but of course I also have to drive less distance and pay only 80 Baht tollway I think.

To go Bitec will be further driving distance I assume since I have to take the elevated highway from Chonburi and pay something like 110 Baht toll.

How much is the airport cityline for the whole distance, since I will have to go all the way to Phaya Thai?

Your advise in this is much appreciated.,

45 THB from airport to BTS.

• Like 1

Mac

BITEC is next to Bang Na - but it is a long walk through a covered walkway then 200m up Sukhumvit. There's a motorbike taxi service during exhibitions.

That's what I was afraid of, that the direct access to Bitec is not exactly that.

Park at Bamrungrad Hospital. Alternative at one of the many hotels. There are also some churches I use. Usually go in the actual place for 10 minutes then ask the guard if it's ok to leave the car there until the evening service, slip him a few baht.

St.Louis hospital is another one.

Park at Bamrungrad Hospital. Alternative at one of the many hotels. There are also some churches I use. Usually go in the actual place for 10 minutes then ask the guard if it's ok to leave the car there until the evening service, slip him a few baht.

St.Louis hospital is another one.

St louis hospital seems to be in the middle of Bangkok, the point is actually to park somewhere at the start of the BTS line.

No solution is perfect but coming from Pattaya, parking at the airport make most sense to me as you avoid getting stuck in Bangkok traffic. Trains every 15 minutes (but avoid peak hour if you can) and about 25 minutes to the BTS connection.

• Like 1

many "suggestions" make for an inconvenient travelling.

TESCO ON NUT is for sure the best option and right next to the BTS. Three hours are free, and if they charge 50 Baht for subsequent hours, it is still affordable me thinks. not sure how many hours you will have to spend in BKK, but the other options (like Central Bangna) are rather a hassle / nuisance.

• Like 2

TESCO ON NUT is for sure the best option and right next to the BTS. Three hours are free, and if they charge 50 Baht for subsequent hours, it is still affordable me thinks. not sure how many hours you will have to spend in BKK, but the other options (like Central Bangna) are rather a hassle / nuisance.

You may be right, because if the parking at airport is 250 Baht, that mean I can park 8 hours at Tesco, which I will never need.

I'm also considering now to park at Siam Paragon as that is quite easily reachable coming from the highway............... if the situation hasn't changed since I was there last time more than a year ago.

You may be right, because if the parking at airport is 250 Baht, that mean I can park 8 hours at Tesco, which I will never need.

I'm also considering now to park at Siam Paragon as that is quite easily reachable coming from the highway............... if the situation hasn't changed since I was there last time more than a year ago.

but to get to PARAGON and particularly to GET OUT and back to the Tollway/Highway in late afternoon or so will consume a lot of time. the traffic around Paragon comes to a standstill late afternoon usually.

Edited by siam2007