Pattaya Beach Books credit note.

stubuzz

Great place to browse and buy books of all descriptions.

I don't think reading a kindle would suit me. There's nothing like a real book. Mind you,I suppose that's age, like me still using a fountain pen.

That shop used to be above Tops on the 2nd Road/Pattaya Klang crossroads. Mortified when it disappeared but found it again through this forum thankfully.

• Like 1

I don't think reading a kindle would suit me. There's nothing like a real book. Mind you,I suppose that's age, like me still using a fountain pen.

That shop used to be above Tops on the 2nd Road/Pattaya Klang crossroads. Mortified when it disappeared but found it again through this forum thankfully.

I was a little resistant to the idea of reading a Kindle or Nook instead of a "real" book, but believe me, it was the best purchase I ever made. I got sick of the limited choices and the rip-off prices they charge for used books in Pattaya. I now have a library of over 1000 books that never cost me a penny and reading a Kindle is just as easy as a book. BTW, I'm 72 so you can adapt at any age.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

I was a little resistant to the idea of reading a Kindle or Nook instead of a "real" book, but believe me, it was the best purchase I ever made. I got sick of the limited choices and the rip-off prices they charge for used books in Pattaya. I now have a library of over 1000 books that never cost me a penny and reading a Kindle is just as easy as a book. BTW, I'm 72 so you can adapt at any age.

Thanks. As I'm leaving Thailand in the spring and heading for Spain I might well give this kindle a chance. might even invest in a smartphone!. I'm a war baby as well.

Best wishes.

Thanks. As I'm leaving Thailand in the spring and heading for Spain I might well give this kindle a chance. might even invest in a smartphone!. I'm a war baby as well.

Best wishes.

I bought a brand called Nook which is basically the same as a Kindle, in fact I bought two, one as a backup. I bought them from Ebay for around $100 delivered and if you install a micro SD card it can hold hundreds of books. Even without at least 70 or 80, a lot of reading!

I stopped reading books made from paper a long time ago. A Kindle is all you'll ever need , I dont understand how the used book shops here can make any money at all, must be some old expats here that does not want to try new technology. Reading is much easier with a Kindle and you can zoom in on the text, reading a normal book and I would have to use a magnifying glass.

I stopped reading books made from paper a long time ago. A Kindle is all you'll ever need , I dont understand how the used book shops here can make any money at all, must be some old expats here that does not want to try new technology. Reading is much easier with a Kindle and you can zoom in on the text, reading a normal book and I would have to use a magnifying glass.

I don't know how the used book shops make money with the outrageous prices they charge, 100 baht for a tatty old book with the pages falling out. They deserve to go broke.