Three Phuket neighbours all robbed in one night

Lite Beer

Three Phuket neighbours all robbed in one night

Eakkapop Thongtub

1420951696_1.jpg

Three foreign neighbours awoke yesterday (January 10) to find their houses had been robbed

PHUKET: More than B100,000 worth of valuables were stolen from three foreign neighbours houses in Thalang yesterday (January 10).

At 7:30am, Thalang police were called to the scene in Moo Baan Farang in Paklock to investigate the thefts that occurred between 3-5am.

The three foreign residents awoke in the morning to find a number of valuables and cash missing, and all admitted to regularly leaving their doors unlocked.

Emilienne Folie, 59, a Belgian national, told police that B30,000 in cash had been stolen, along with her passport, three bank cards and two bottles of imported liquor.

Vandoorne Marc, 47, also from Belgium, said that B3,000 in cash had been stolen, as well as a notebook, an iPhone 5 and two phone chargers.

The third house, belonging to Louis Martinez, 68, a French national, only discovered his house had also been robbed once he saw the police investigating the neighbourhood.

Mr Martinez said the screen door leading to the pool had been slashed with a sharp object and B7,000 in cash was stolen, as well as a gold necklace (worth B18,800), Ray-Ban sunglasses, and three bank cards.

Police said the suspect entered the houses via the back doors that were left unlocked. The burglar seemed to know his or her way around the houses, which suggests that he or she could be acquainted with the residents.

One witness told police that when she awoke, she noticed a suspicious Honda Scoopy parked behind a truck on the street.

Police believe there could be at least three suspects who were involved in the robberies.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/three-phuket-neighbours-all-robbed-in-one-night-50492.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-01-11

Important lesson to everybody.

Always lock your doors.

Complaining afterwards will get you nowhere.

From your friendly neighborhood thief.

AGREE

some people really lack any common sense..... "had their doors unlocked"...... in a burglary-hotpsot such as Phuket...... zzzzzz........ have no words for this......

Asking for it. This isn't the 1950's.

Stupid comments by stupid people. Nobody asked for it to happen and to say that justifies what the scrote bags did which was a crime.
I'm stupid? I'm not the one calling the police because someone entered my unlocked home and relieved me of 100k. We don't live in rural USA circa 1955. This is a third world country with poverty. What else do you expect for being incomplacent?

I lock the door even in the middle of the day when I'm inside.

• Like 2

Asking for it. This isn't the 1950's.

Stupid comments by stupid people. Nobody asked for it to happen and to say that justifies what the scrote bags did which was a crime.
I'm stupid? I'm not the one calling the police because someone entered my unlocked home and relieved me of 100k. We don't live in rural USA circa 1955. This is a third world country with poverty. What else do you expect for being incomplacent?

I lock the door even in the middle of the day when I'm inside.

No argument from me, hans.

The moral of the story is that valuables can be replaced, lives not.

These people are just plane lucky to be alive, some crooks kill for less.

And the Myth that you are a guest is long overdue, you are a potentual target as soon as YOU look for transport at the airport to explore amazing Thailand, and THEY look for their 'amazing opportunity in a lifetime.'

The moral of the story is that valuables can be replaced, lives not.

These people are just plane lucky to be alive, some crooks kill for less.

And the Myth that you are a guest is long overdue, you are a potentual target as soon as YOU look for transport at the airport to explore amazing Thailand, and THEY look for their 'amazing opportunity in a lifetime.'

A bar girl may be looking for "their amazing opportunity in a lifetime" but a petty thief is just looking for any, and every, "opportunity."

Unlocked doors, 30 thousand THB in cash at home!!! Stupid people, that's it.

Now lets see, when you drive past a house can you see if the door is l;locked or unlocked?

Answer : No

If a burglar intends to rob your house, will he be deterred by a locked door?

Answer : Most probably not, instead he will force his way inside, through that door or a window. Thereby causing you more damage.

Now lets see, when you drive past a house can you see if the door is l;locked or unlocked?

Answer : Most probably not, instead he will force his way inside, through that door or a window. Thereby causing you more damage.

Couple of years ago a house in our village was burgled when they went through the wall with an angle grinder!

Anthony5

Thanks for that top tip.

I will now leave my doors unlocked to prevent more damage. Thanks.

• Like 1

Anthony5

Thanks for that top tip.

Another benefit of it is that you can't lose your keys.

Anthony5

Thanks for that top tip.

I'll tell you what. You leave your house unlocked, and I'll keep mine locked. Then let's see who gets burgled?

If security controlled as most farang estates are. It was probably the site security guards. Never live on a security guarded estate or in Farand communities. Easy pickings for a Thai thief.

Or possibly for a down and out farang.

• Like 1

Anthony5

Thanks for that top tip.

I'll tell you what. You leave your house unlocked, and I'll keep mine locked. Then let's see who gets burgled?

I'll tell you what. Have you ever read my topic? I haven't locked my doors for years.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/771913-to-lock-or-not-to-lock/

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I'm wondering if all three owners / occupiers used the same cleaner.

They may have been cleaned by the same person....................rolleyes.gif