How to transfer name to second hand motorbike

jackoholly

Hi All,

I am buying a second hand motorbike from a private individual and would like to know how to do it.

I am on a non-im ED visa and I have already received the letter from immigration giving me permission to do so.

What else do I need? Apparently I need some forms signed by the current owner before it can be transferred but I can't seem to find these anywhere.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

On Samui you need a "Proof of Residence" from Immigration, signed copy of passport, for both the seller and buyer,and the transfer form. It is apparently easy to do yourself but I used an agent located near the DLT office at a cost of 800 baht including the DLT fees. They did all of the paper work, except PoR, and took the bike for the inspection. The green book was ready the next week.

• Like 1

Bought a motorbike 3 months ago, green book was under seat compartment in a yanks name he has returned to the states. The owners name has no relevance in Thailand you can still tax and insure no problem, the only thing you can't do is sell it on for reasonable money this why I picked up a 2yr old Click for 15000bt. Do same as me run it into ground in a few years throw it into a klong don't mess around changing names there worth nothing secondhand anyway.

On Samui you need a "Proof of Residence" from Immigration, signed copy of passport, for both the seller and buyer,and the transfer form. It is apparently easy to do yourself but I used an agent located near the DLT office at a cost of 800 baht including the DLT fees. They did all of the paper work, except PoR, and took the bike for the inspection. The green book was ready the next week.

Good post this is...i did exactly this same in DLT in Lipa Noi ....proof of Res immigration 500 bht...take abt an hr...