Scooter Tax and Insurance

Bmouthboyo

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to pick your brains about being fully legal on my scooter. Last year I had my employers transport department sort out my scooter green book from a previous owner who had bought it at auction. Bit of a pain as they had to transfer to the sellers maid, then onto me so it ended up costing a bit more than I expected. This was done around December 2013 and I hoped would be taxed until December 2014.

Now what I am a bit confused about is I assumed it would be taxed and insured for a year so I would renew in December 2014 but looking at the green book it looks like the tax for 100 baht at the back of the book was paid up until February 2014!! i.e not taxed for 11 months.

I have a feeling that the tax was due when the bike was taken for tax and transfer etc and so a year was paid which ended in Feb 2014.

Now I assume I will pay for a years tax and the 11 months missed? How do I stand on compulsory insurance for this missed period?

Lastly if I ask my local garage who sorted my car tax recently to do the bike, can they sort the compulsory insurance at the same place? I was quoted 324 by an agent but if it can be done by my garage whilst getting tax it would be much easier.

Cheers

My scooter is 2012 plate so doesn't need the checkup as far as I am aware.

So from what you guys can tell I should be fine just asking my local garage to sort the Tax and Insurance for me?

Cheers

Yes, it is. I do the same for bike and car, just as easy but a bit more expensive.

If only insruance (and registration) is required, you can also go to one of the insurance agents and have them sort the whole thing out.

tax runs from date of 1st registration, a new owner or even a change of registraion number for new area does not change this, you will have to pay back tax+fine and then the next year tax until Feb 2016, and a new years insurance, its not difficult the year of expiry is shown on the disc, as well as the date but alais in Thai