O-A Visa

I got told by a lawyer here and also read on other sites 3 copys.... i got an advice slip from immigration saying 2 copy's of application form though sorry been reading so much about it just another confusing fact, but that was when i was considering marriage extension .. but easier it seems to go for retirement.

if i leave the country once i have the extension do i need to apply for a re entry permit or can i get a multiple entry?

ill upload a copy of the advice slip from immigration (based on marriage) if i can work out how to add an attachment ...

The lawyer was wrong and I suspect you were on an embassy or consulate website reading the requirements for an OA visa.

As said you only need one form for an extension based upon retirement and 2 for one based upon marriage. You need 2 for marriage because one is sent to the regional division headquarters for approval whereas retirement is approved locally.

You can apply for a multiple re-entry permit (3800 baht fee) or a single re-entry permit (1000 baht) after you get your extension. A single re-entry permit will be valid until you use it or up to the date your extension ends.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok well goods news is i spent the day at immigration and got my 12 month extension. I hadn't realised i needed to get my address registered first so got sent to different queue to get the slip in my passport first. then it was pretty straight forward. good job i took my info on company which has house registered to me and copy as they wanted that for registration and my 12 month extension for retirement.

thanks for info guys.

I didn't want to go back and queue again for re-entry permit as don't know when i will be leaving country if at all, however can i get re entry at airport if i go? or does it have to be immigration office?

I didn't want to go back and queue again for re-entry permit as don't know when i will be leaving country if at all, however can i get re entry at airport if i go? or does it have to be immigration office?

Quite easy at Suvarnabhumi. Costs some 200 extra Baht as they take your photo, so no need/use to bring with you.

Ok well goods news is i spent the day at immigration and got my 12 month extension. I hadn't realised i needed to get my address registered first so got sent to different queue to get the slip in my passport first. then it was pretty straight forward. good job i took my info on company which has house registered to me and copy as they wanted that for registration and my 12 month extension for retirement.

thanks for info guys.

I seems you may be in Phuket.

You can get a re-entry permit at the immigration office in Patong. Reports are that it is an easy in and out to get one.

thanks for info guys.

I seems you may be in Phuket.

You can get a re-entry permit at the immigration office in Patong. Reports are that it is an easy in and out to get one.

yes I am in Phuket sorry hadnt mentioned that...

thanks that sounds like a good idea i have heard Patong doesnt get as busy.. well the imigration office at least the rest of the place is mad!

I have attached the slip they gave me a few weeks ago with updated info for marriage visa might be useful for anyone...

thai info marriage visa.pdf

Is it possible on an OA to leave on 364th day, return and get another year - then get add a multiple entry permit on thus allowing you to cone snd go the bslance if the second year?

It would not be by days it would be one year from the date your visa was issued.

You can do an entry on or before the enter before date on your visa and get another one year entry. Then get a re-entry permit to keep that one year permit to stay valid.

Is it possible on an OA to leave on 364th day, return and get another year - then get add a multiple entry permit on thus allowing you to cone snd go the bslance if the second year?

It would not be by days it would be one year from the date your visa was issued.

You can do an entry on or before the enter before date on your visa and get another one year entry. Then get a re-entry permit to keep that one year permit to stay valid.

Sorry, daft...

So you would say get the reentry days before it expires, its good for a year?

Then you would exit snd return, thus giving you an addl 365 days.

You could enter and exit for the 365 days the permit is valid?

So, net affect - two years with the second year being multi entry?

Sorry, daft...

So you would say get the reentry days before it expires, its good for a year?

Then you would exit snd return, thus giving you an addl 365 days.

You could enter and exit for the 365 days the permit is valid?

So, net affect - two years with the second year being multi entry?

I was not sure if you were referring to the date you entered the country the first time or the date the visa was issued.

You can do the last entry on or before the enter before date on the visa which is one year (12 months) from the date the visa was issued.

You can get almost 2 years of total stay from the visa minus the number of days between the date your visa was issued and when you first entered the country using the visa.

You would get the re-entry permit after you do the last entry.

If you get a multiple re-entry permit it of course would be multiple entry just like the first year.