Charlie Hebdo publishing prophet cartoon on new cover

webfact

Freedom of speech, unless you criticise Jews.

In 2009, Charlie Hebdo Fired Cartoonist For Anti-Semitic Cartoon

They always publish cartoons about anybody, so are you sure ?

He is obsessed. Charlie Hebdo published tons of nasty cartoons about Jews and everybody else. They are easy to find on the Internet. Only radical Islam responded with violence.

could you please provide a link to these charlie hebdo anti Jewish cartoons, France has some very tough anti semitic laws, I'm surprised he was not prosecuted

If we lay down for these lunatics what is left? A world that is run by Islamic extremism?

One approach that would make the world a safer place for everyone would be to Run the cartoons up some flagpoles & see who salutes...

New legislation regarding terrorism vandalism. "Bait" the Radicals into "Unescapable Traps", cameras running, armour in place...

Let the rule of Law (where it is not just a sham) do its thing.

The radicals would respond in their own way... ... ...

The "Moderates" ( if any really exist) would mumble at most and go back to work, family etc.

After several run throughs of variations on this theme a large ##### of the more radical psychos would be off the streets.

The Moderates would be unaffected... ... ...

Sounds more like a way to make sure all Muslims will turn extremist.

Some news from Egypt, Mauritania and Saudi Arabia... Sorry not sure French want that! whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1SW1

1. Egypt student gets 3-year jail term for atheism

http://news.yahoo.com/egypt-student-gets-3-jail-term-atheism-152045172.html

2. Mauritania issues first apostasy death sentence

http://news.yahoo.com/mauritania-issues-first-apostasy-death-sentence-050936161.html

3. Building snowmen is forbidden by Saudi Arabian cleric, who calls them anti-Islamic

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/cleric-saudi-arabia-declares-fatwa-snowmen-article-1.2075663

If we lay down for these lunatics what is left? A world that is run by Islamic extremism?

One approach that would make the world a safer place for everyone would be to Run the cartoons up some flagpoles & see who salutes...

New legislation regarding terrorism vandalism. "Bait" the Radicals into "Unescapable Traps", cameras running, armour in place...

Let the rule of Law (where it is not just a sham) do its thing.

The radicals would respond in their own way... ... ...

The "Moderates" ( if any really exist) would mumble at most and go back to work, family etc.

After several run throughs of variations on this theme a large ##### of the more radical psychos would be off the streets.

The Moderates would be unaffected... ... ...

Sounds more like a way to make sure all Muslims will turn extremist.

Not for ideas.

For our right to laugh about and say what we like

Six of one, 1/2 dozen the other- it is essentially the same thing. I understand you. I just object to this type of position. I want to say bad things about this type of thinking but cannot do this without actually implying this about you- I will do no such thing. I understand you just think differently than I do. However the road to oppression and censorship is often paved with screams for security and greying the area where one's rights begin and another's right ends.

I would like to say a word about "right to laugh," "say what we like," and generally, "ideas:" The core nature of what constitutes freedom of speech, the right to laugh and say what one likes, has been long ago adjudicated by many western post enlightenment courts and legislation. If, for example, one were to suggest such expression as in Paris is analogous to screaming fire in a theater, this would be an error. The acts of this magazine are in keeping with the fundamental nature of free speech. Free speech is not nice speech; it is not polite speech; it is not feel good nor accommodating speech. Free speech will often horrify our sensibilities, shock our world view, and impugn in many ways, various public figures. This is the nature of a right to laugh, and what may be said in a world where Man is born with natural rights.

The abstract nature of mind, man, and ideas is to use language to form concepts and ideas, and likewise, use concepts and ideas, and express this in language and symbol. Shar'ia by its very nature opposes such freedom because freedom is antithetical to Islam, freedom suggests man has choice. Man does not have choice; Islam is established as a Slave Master relationship between mortal and Al Lah. Freedom is anathema to Islam. Shar'ia enables this very delicate, divine relationship between all humans and between humans and god.

Note: Islam widely accepts the principle of Slave to Al Lah when describing themselves or believers. This is not used in a derogatory manner by them. It is used as an expression of devotion and subordination to Al Lah. But the use of the world Slave by me is correct, except I find the concept repugnant.

They don't say "bad things" they mock people

They drew the Queen of England's behind

She did send her condolences for Charlie's attack

Contrarily to these idiots she has a sense of humor

ROD0070351.jpg

That image breaks Thai law

The third group is insult against the Head of State of foreign countries or lèse-majesté. Insulting or threatening the King, Queen, Consort, Heir-apparent or Head of State of foreign countries (Section 133), which is an offence against the friendly relations with foreign states, is punishable by 1 to 7 years imprisonment or a fine of 2,000-140,000 baht, or both. The penalty for defaming, insulting or threatening the Thai Monarch, the Queen, Heir-apparent or Regent (Section 112) is imprisonment for 3 to 15 years. Insulting or defaming a representative of a foreign state accredited to the Royal Court has the penalty of imprisonment for a term of 6 months to 15 years or a fine of 1,000-10,000 baht, or both.