Car Repairs

bazmlb

I dont have a nice MB's like some people, but my car is all i have, an older Corrolla it gets from one place to another pretty well for now, but it had a few problems, the near side rear shock leaked all its oil, the near side rear brake cylinder also leaking made a lovely mess at our appartment and wherever we parked, also the AC died which triggered taking it to the shop.

On our way home from Pattaya we stopped in at Autoserv for them to check it out and they went a bit over the top really with the quote.

So i dropped it in to the little shop at the end of Ekamai soi 23 and Ekamai rd's, the quote was 1/3rd the price for same thing plus they could fix the AC which Shell couldnt as a hose needed to be replaced.

Got the car back today and it was 2000 baht cheaper than quoted and all items fixed, he showed me the items he replaced and everything is now great.

###### i couldnt even buy the tools for the 800 baht he charged for labour.

Its nice to see friendly, efficient and honest service. :o

I find that nearly all the mom & pop repair garages I've used (Chiangmai) have always been fair and honest with repairs for my car. Since my car is an import it would be easy for them to try and scam me on parts. Can't say the same about the dealer though (Nissan) who manages not only not fix the car but add additional problems to it. Needless to say I don't use the dealership anymore.