Coffee in thailand

Evolare

I have always been confused about the price of coffee in thailand. Considering a cup from a coffeeshop is dirtcheap but if I wanna buy some decent coffee for use at home. It's quite expensive. Double the price or more expensive than buying coffee in my home country Sweden not a coffee growing country. Why is that Thailand grows loads of coffee and its this expensive.

Not that I can't afford it, but principally it's wrong in my eyes. In other coffee growing countries coffee is much cheaper than in thailand.

OP, Thailand doesn't grow loads of coffee.

There is some plantations up in the North but not enough even to mention.

So most of the coffee is imported and tax is paid on that, making it expensive.

The cheap coffee you get on the street for 20 or 30Baht, if you have noticed they are using the same coffee to produce 10 or 20 cups........by just pouring hot water over the same brew.

If you are lucky to get the first 2 or three servings it's OK then it becomes hot water with loads of condensed milk...........

Moccona is ok, not very expensive.

+1 for Duang Dee

Foodland and Friendship Market had a good selection in the past, don't know why they trimmed things down.

They have coffee at the OTOP fairs sometimes. Unfortunately someone taught them to roast the coffee with sugar (I call it Mexican style because that's the first place I saw it done), which makes it very bitter.