kanchanaburi people

phka

Can anyone explain why people in kanchanaburi are so unfriendly and the shop staff are so impolite/discourteous.

i have lived and traveled in many other provinces and never experienced this before.

shop staff never wai or give a polite thank you, smile at people and all you get back is a frown, just wondered if something happened here once to cause this, the rest of thailand and thai people i find very friendly and hospitable.

just curious.

Can anyone explain why people in kanchanaburi are so unfriendly and the shop staff are so impolite/discourteous.

i have lived and traveled in many other provinces and never experienced this before.

shop staff never wai or give a polite thank you, smile at people and all you get back is a frown, just wondered if something happened here once to cause this, the rest of thailand and thai people i find very friendly and hospitable.

just curious.

In Kan there is no problems as mentioned by the OP's, they are just laid back a bit. thumbsup.gif

Go to Kanukan Supermarket and you will get one Wai, with a sad face, Happy now. sad.png

In Kan, I smile and nod my head at local folks without doing a wai, for what, nothing to again and nothing to looses.

I go shopping to Buy and not to get a Wai and Kwai should I expect one? facepalm.gif

For sure, I do get a Sawadee Khrup and I return it back, or I say it first. w00t.gif

Nothing wrong about Kan, however you are the second person to mention it on this forum. blink.png

Win, treat all as you treat yourself wai.gif

Edited by Kan Win
  • Like 1

Never found the people to be difficult. I enjoyed my time there and it is still one of my favourite provinces to visit. Not saying that the comments of others are wrong, just not my experience.

• Like 1

I'm going there the week after next, I'll let you all know. It is Chinese but hey, SabaiJit is heaven in a steamed basket.

Triple T hailand seems a bit off the track, google Weary Dunlop and Boonpong Sirivelaphan.

Boonpong Brothers have a shrine at the family shopfront in old town Kanchanaburi, it get's a lot of visitors from families of ex-pow's.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...