Koh Payam, Ranong

bermondburi

I used to live on the island years ago but I haven't been there in years now. I was wondering if the little English guy is still in the bar down by the pier in the village. Anyone who knows the island well will know who I mean. Had some good times at his place so wondering how he's doing. And generally speaking how is the island. I remember when there were no bars on Ao Yai or anywhere in fact. I know there are now of course. So have there been many changes to the place and is it still a nice place to visit?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I spent a lot of time there 7 years ago, went back last year for a few days,it's a a lot busier now ,some of the bungalow prices are a little crazy ,some stupid ferang has built a huge concrete structure on ao yai,but in general the island still has the same relaxed vibe,

I spent a lot of time there 7 years ago, went back last year for a few days,it's a a lot busier now ,some of the bungalow prices are a little crazy ,some stupid ferang has built a huge concrete structure on ao yai,but in general the island still has the same relaxed vibe,

Good to hear.

Was there last week.
Richard is there.
Had breakfast at his place.

The island seemed quite crowded to me.
I'd never been there in high season before and had problems finding a vacant room.
Had to go for one of the high priced ones.

I guess the word is out now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to live on the island years ago but I haven't been there in years now. I was wondering if the little English guy is still in the bar down by the pier in the village. Anyone who knows the island well will know who I mean. Had some good times at his place so wondering how he's doing. And generally speaking how is the island. I remember when there were no bars on Ao Yai or anywhere in fact. I know there are now of course. So have there been many changes to the place and is it still a nice place to visit?

Yeah he is still there but getting smaller.post-159754-14249364269121_thumb.jpg