Extension of Tourist Visa

The address and way to get to the Immigration Department in Bangkok is detailed here:

www.http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location1.html

It is quite far out of Bangkok Central on the way to Don Muang airport.

You will need the following for sure:

Your Passport with your Thai Departure Card (form TM.6) which should have been stapled in your passport on arrival.

You will need to complete form TM.7 which is in the Immigration Department or you can download from the form I attached here.urself

You will need to get the passport photocopied (2 sheets); 1) the photo ID of yourself 2) copy of the visa stamp in the passport.

You can get these 2 sheets photocopied for you by a photocopy shop downstairs in the Immigration Building (signs to it are everywhere from Immigration Department). Cost 2 bt x 2 => 4 bt

You will require a passport photo of yourself (the form states wrongly 6 cm x 4 cm which immigration accept) but a Passport photo will suffice.

Again you can get this photograph taken downstairs in the Photocopy Shop in the Immigration Building for 100 bt.

You will need the correct address of where you are staying (Hotel; GFs condo etc).

You will need to give a telephone number also (most people get a Thai Sim Card so should not be a problem but know the number).

I would recommend you take the following also, though I was not asked for them:

1) Enough money to show you can afford to stay for the rest of the stay.

2) Hotel receipt or rental invoice of condo

3) E Ticket or ticket of flight out showing you will be leaving within the next 30 days.

From what I can tell; the extension is a maximum of 30 days when you go to the Immigration for the extension (not 30 days from the expiration of the Tourist Visa).

Give yourself at least 3 hours time at the Immigration Center; from the time you handover your paperwork to receiving your passport and visa extension.

I hope that helps.

Form_TM7.pdf

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"From what I can tell; the extension is a maximum of 30 days when you go to the Immigration for the extension (not 30 days from the expiration of the Tourist Visa)."

Is this correct?

I thought I had read else where that the 30 day extension is from the Admitted until Date on the TR stamp.

Anyone know how long before the permitted to stay date you can apply for extension?

Ubon joe?

Many thanks

As I understand you can apply early before your permitted to stay date, but I went to immigration at Jontiem last week, with 5 days left, and they told me to come back on the day it expires.

Anyone know how long before the permitted to stay date you can apply for extension?

Ubon joe?

Many thanks

As I understand you can apply early before your permitted to stay date, but I went to immigration at Jontiem last week, with 5 days left, and they told me to come back on the day it expires.

I don't know what Jomtien is up to doing that.

In another topic about it I suggested a short road trip to apply at another office by checking into a cheap guesthouse or hotel just to get a receipt with the address on it to put on the application.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

"From what I can tell; the extension is a maximum of 30 days when you go to the Immigration for the extension (not 30 days from the expiration of the Tourist Visa)."

Is this correct?

I thought I had read else where that the 30 day extension is from the Admitted until Date on the TR stamp.

Mr Tee, I just extended my tourist visa and you are correct; the 30 day extension is the Admitted until Date on the TR stamp.