Israel paper cuts Merkel from Paris march photo for modesty

Lite Beer

Israel paper cuts Merkel from Paris march photo for modesty

JERUSALEM (AP) — A small Jewish Ultra-Orthodox newspaper in Israel is making waves internationally for removing German Chancellor Angela Merkel from a photo of last week's Paris march out of modesty.

World leaders had linked arms to march in Paris against terrorism after Islamic extremists killed 17 people. Footage of the march shows German Chancellor Angela Merkel in the front row wedged between French President Francois Hollande and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.

HaMevaser readers could not know that, however, as her picture was digitally removed, leaving Abbas standing next to Hollande. Israeli media joked it was meant to bring Abbas closer to Israeli premier Benjamin Netanyahu, who was standing nearby.

Within the insular Ultra-Orthodox community, pictures of women are never shown out of modesty.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-01-14

One day when out and about, it shocked me to discover that children here in Britain actually 'do' have discernible faces. blink.png

I say this because the BBC has always given me the impression that their appearance is one of a blurry pixelation with legs. xwacko.png.pagespeed.ic.jGW10VtQsIjGnz8w

• Like 1

Just as crazy as their Arab cousins!!bah.gif

They are crazy, as in extremely conservatively ultra religious, I agree.

They represent a minority of Jews.

They aren't about to mass murder Arabs just for being Arabs shopping for humous in Paris.

They aren't about to mass murder magazine publishers for printing offensive to Jews cartoons in Paris either (which BTW Charlie Hebdo has indeed done)

The global threat to modern civilization is ISLAMIC JIHAD ... not a small number of over the top black hat Jews.

The latter about are about threatening to the world as Amish people in Pennsylvania using horses and buggies instead of cars.

More like QUAINT.

" They are crazy, as in extremely conservatively ultra religious, I agree.

They represent a minority of Jews."

This is all you needed to post. Everything else is hyperbole!

Also no one knows what extremely conservatively ultra religious anyone might get up to in the future! Islamic extremists weren't a problem until they were.. if you get what I mean!

Confusing a bit. Like ordering extra thin ultralight 100 smokes at 7/11. It's still a cigarette I think? facepalm.gif

They aren't about to mass murder Arabs just for being Arabs shopping for humous in Paris.

They aren't about to mass murder magazine publishers for printing offensive to Jews cartoons in Paris either (which BTW Charlie Hebdo has indeed done)

The global threat to modern civilization is ISLAMIC JIHAD ... not a small number of over the top black hat Jews.

The latter about are about threatening to the world as Amish people in Pennsylvania using horses and buggies instead of cars.

More like QUAINT.

Now that's what I call paranoid spin! To turn a story about a nut job Jewish sect into an Islamophobic rant.

I agree with you JT. Every religion has its weirdos. That's one of the many reasons why I'm an atheist.

I hate so called news items like this...begging to have the religionist boot stuck in by the bigots on the forum...the anti Semites will be out in force and the retaliatory Islamophobes too.

Edited by dexterm
  • Like 2

No I don't. Because Judaism and Islam are very different religions. Islamic ideology is very interested in conversion of the entire world (like Christianity). Judaism does not actively seek converts at all, and is traditionally based on the religion being passed by birth. The toxic form of Christianity has been a horrible plague on the world as in the past, the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, etc, but has moved on. Islam has MOVED BACKWARDS.

Relax, would you?

• Like 1

No I don't. Because Judaism and Islam are very different religions. Islamic ideology is very interested in conversion of the entire world (like Christianity). Judaism does not actively seek converts at all, and is traditionally based on the religion being passed by birth. The toxic form of Christianity has been a horrible plague on the world as in the past, the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, etc, but has moved on. Islam has MOVED BACKWARDS.

Relax, would you?

OK! w00t.gif

• Like 1

But do not Jews, Catholics, Protestants and Muslims pray to the same god?

• Like 2

But do not Jews, Catholics, Protestants and Muslims pray to the same god?

They are all Abrahamic religions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrahamic_religions

Compared to Christianity and Islam, the ethnic (even TRIBAL) aspect is MUCH more important in Judaism. Easy to understand why there are so few Jews compared to Christians and Muslims, perhaps ironic considering the origin of Islam and Christianity.

Edited by Jingthing

Easy to understand why there are so few Jews compared to Christians and Muslims

Who wants to dress like ZZTop and smack their head against a wall? w00t.gif

You think most Jews are like that, do you? Anyway, no, the reason is that you are born into being a Jewish person based on birth and it is not a religion interested in converting people unless they themselves approach and are strongly motivated to work at it. Nothing such as "instant" conversion to being a Jew. Radically different that way than Christianity and Islam, that's a fact,

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

More like QUAINT.

they just bomb Palestina on a regularly base...and treat these people worst than animals...

but i agree about your statement about the global threat.

• Like 2

More like QUAINT.

But try driving through one of their neighborhoods on weekend.

Or walk about wearing something which hurts their sensibilities,

Not as peaceful on their turf, and in some instances or for some people, these are practically, no go zones.

Nothing new. Netanyahu edited out Abbas.

bi.jpg

Indeed. Can't have him in the picture with election campaign in full swing.

This version, however, seems to be the first cut - later on, Israel's foreign affairs minister (and a political rival) was edited from the picture as well (third row, left, bearded man).

Pictures were edited by media and governments of several countries (although mostly aiming to make their leaders more prominent). Jordan and Mali, that I can recall.

More like QUAINT.

One of the big theats to modern civilisation is indeed crazy Islamic Jihad.

Another of the the big threats to the world is crazy Israeli Zionism with nuclear weapons.

What a fitting avatar.

More like QUAINT.

they just bomb Palestina on a regularly base...and treat these people worst than animals...

but i agree about your statement about the global threat.

No, they don't.

Most Orthodox Jews do not serve in the IDF, even.

• Like 2

Who wants to dress like ZZTop and smack their head against a wall? w00t.gif

You think most Jews are like that, do you?
Don't be daft. Just as I don't think most Jews are like the vampire Rabbis who mutilate babies genitals and suck the blood from the penis, either. Sick but not representative. http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/jewish-world-news/israel-s-chief-rabbinate-says-oral-suction-at-circumcision-is-preferred-1.517349

Anyway, no, the reason is that you are born into being a Jewish person based on birth and it is not a religion interested in converting people unless they themselves approach and are strongly motivated to work at it. Nothing such as "instant" conversion to being a Jew. Radically different that way than Christianity and Islam, that's a fact,

Really? I thought the Ashkenazi Jews who are apparently now dominant were ordered to become Jews by their king who was sick of their debauchery. I think he picked Judaism by 'spin-the-bottle'. Since they never had any connection, either by birth or proximity to Jerusalem, they had to 'promise' themselves the land because they certainly didn't have any credible claim to it.

I am with you on conversion. 'God-botherers' are tasked with going out into the world and spreading the 'Good News'. They are well-meaning if irritating. As for instant conversions. They do happen and thank goodness. Many a fallen individual has been rescued by the Church.

• Like 1

More like QUAINT.

really, so how will you explain away the mass murders committed by Baruch Goldstein, his actions were fully supported by conservative ultra religious Jews

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baruch_Goldstein

• Like 1