White leather or not - Mazda 3

Why would it be a problem? it's as easy to clean as black leather and won't get grubby looking like light coloured fabric seats. Having said that, I prefer dark interiors and have not had a problem keeping dark leather clean. Maybe others can comment on looking after light leather.

Why would it be a problem? it's as easy to clean as black leather and won't get grubby looking like light coloured fabric seats. Having said that, I prefer dark interiors and have not had a problem keeping dark leather clean. Maybe others can comment on looking after light leather.

hello,

Can I know what you use to clean your dark leather ?

hello,

Black shoe polish.

hello,

Black shoe polish.

Surely you jest? Use a leather cleaner from the detailers shop, TESCO, etc. I like AutoBachs and then re-oil with mink oil (shoe dept, best place to locate in Know of, got some at Central actually and just used it on my VW GTI seats, but no color, also heat it before application to help it spread evenly and penetrate the leather) to keep the leather supple and moisturized..

Edited by WarpSpeed

hello,

Black shoe polish.

Surely you jest?

whistling.gif

hello,

Black shoe polish.

lol

Any decent leather conditioner will work. I generally don't use a cleaner per se, unless something sticky spills on it. Then I just use a mild soap and warm water anyway. I get some in a spray bottle from home pro. I think its about 300 baht. I guess its for indoor leather, but it works fine in my car. The local shops have plenty of this kind of stuff in the motoring section. MY leather still looks good after nearly 11 years. I think body oil will degrade the leather, such as arm rests (that happened to mine), so I suggest looking after those areas properly or, for an arm rest, get a cover made for it.

• Like 1

I had heard some horror stories with white interiors, blue jean blue going into the leather, yellowing, getting dirty faster or at least show dirt. I just bought (6 months ago) a 2014 Mazda 3 and wanted the top spec model but could only get the white interior or almond as they call it in other countries so I bought the next model down with the black seats and added the accessories I wanted from the top spec model.

I guess not all leather are equal....quite often they are not even leather! ;p

My wifes 8 years old Nissan Xtrail has cream leather and still looks great. I have seen 1 year old Volvos with cream leather and they looked terrible. I believe Volvo uses very nice and soft leather, but somehow it seems not to age that well.

In general of course darker leather will age better as you can't see the mess you make so much! Goes for white shirts and spaghetti too....:)

I guess common sense

• Like 2

Buy the spec down from the top model as it has black leather. it has most of the fruit the top spec anyways, spec it up with the GPS and you will have basically the same vehicle for 100k less.

The white leather is a bastard to keep clean, my missus hates it.

• 2 weeks later...

Buy the spec down from the top model as it has black leather. it has most of the fruit the top spec anyways, spec it up with the GPS and you will have basically the same vehicle for 100k less.

I see. What are the other differences then? I thought you got more equipment than only GPS? What would it cost to reupholster the white parts?

I see. What are the other differences then? I thought you got more equipment than only GPS? What would it cost to reupholster the white parts?

There are a few other options but maybe you would not want them. Like the Blind Side Monitors or Front Safety Distance Monitors. I think the top spec model has too many bells and whistles. Besides the seats you would have to recover the door panels and headliner or just live with white door panels and headliner. The top spec model in Thailand does not have a lot of the stateside options, like paddle shifters, electric seats, dual a/c, sunroof, back up camera, heated seats just to name a few. I think the Thai top spec model is a waste of money............in my opinion. That's why I got the next model down with black seats and GPS.

Would never have leather or vinyl here. Too sticky.

Cloth for me

So, you can't afford air conditioning ? Fabric, grubby, grubby, grubby, I live in Isaan, have leather & never a problem with minimal use of the air.

Just sayin..... Cheers..... Mal.

Would never have leather or vinyl here. Too sticky.

Cloth for me

So, you can't afford air conditioning ? Fabric, grubby, grubby, grubby, I live in Isaan, have leather & never a problem with minimal use of the air.

Just sayin..... Cheers..... Mal.

• Like 1