Google Search asks for a captcha authentication ?

ETatBKK

hi there

already 2 times in the last 10 days, when I launch a Google search in ANY browser ( IE and Chrome ), it demands for a captcha authentication ? ? ? when I straight to other bookmarked websites, they go smoothly. new in Google, or new in Thailand, or a trap ?

post-105125-0-34280100-1421249342_thumb.

added text :

'Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. This page checks to see if it's really you sending the requests, and not a robot.'

added details :

Windows 8.1 on TrueInternet ADSL, Bangkok.

thanks . . .

Edited by ETatBKK

It's been a long time since I've seen the 'unusual traffic' and Google wanting you to prove you're human bit but it does pop up sometimes for no obvious reason. If you are using a dynamic IP like most people then maybe a previous user of your IP address was a spammer?

That message will occur if you are concurrently sharing an Public IP address.

Possible causes:

ISPs issue end-user a Special internal Carrier-Grade NAT IP Address and all users share a common Internet-facing IP address. This can be verified by viewing the IP Address your router WAN is issued. 100.64.0.0 - 100.127.255.255 range reserved for communications between a service provider and its subscribers (neither Public nor Private IP)

ISP forcing web queries through a shared Proxy Service, and all user queries share a common Internet-facing IP address.

ISP normally issued your router a Public IP Address from it's 'pool' of IP addresses but the previous system sent too many queries possibly because it was infected part of a bot-net.

You have Parkinson's and tend to click the mouse too many times

I get it every time I use it for a few weeks now at the university and it is frustrating. I end up turning my VPN on when I have to do a lot of research at the office. At home never seen it.

The university is probably prime for that type of action due to the number of users behind the firewall and shared IPs and being students, well ... biggrin.png

We get this on our infrastructure. Alas, Google sees many requests coming from few IP sources. It could be your ISP has some transparent proxies in place and Google see's their request rather than yours - I do know Google ignore X-Forwarded-For in web requests via proxies :(

I wonder whether there is a link to this matter and my annoying problem that has recently come about

I now find that my HOLA app is not working as it did and I am not able to access Iplayer for BBC or ITV in the U.K. as I get a message telling me I am linked to some site in the USA that links to Hola.

it never happen to me before, just start in last 10 days. I did try different browsers on different computers ( under the same router ), as long as Google search requested - it triggers. after some hours, it gone.

as some of you experienced this on TRUE, and some experimenting work-around on different search portal; is it ISP and IPs are badly ? or it is a Google thing ?

well, it is just about security, and it is annoying !

it never happen to me before, just start in last 10 days. I did try different browsers on different computers ( under the same router ), as long as Google search requested - it triggers. after some hours, it gone.

as some of you experienced this on TRUE, and some experimenting work-around on different search portal; is it ISP and IPs are badly ? or it is a Google thing ?

well, it is just about security, and it is annoying !

That time frame seems about right to me for when I started having the problem. Not just me at the university, other computers also but the university does use a transparent proxy. Also we are on uni-net which I believe is under TOT.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sometimes, I received such captcha form in google. Most often I saw it when I type few queries to Google each after each because I can not find interesting search results. Likewise, if it is done too quickly one after the next search. Google has an algorithm that verifies the likelihood of performing searches by bots.