Looks like pattaya beach crackdown in affect now

yankee99

Again folks, my section at Jomtien was packed yesterday and the public area had a dabbling of sunbathers and families playing in the water with children making their sandcastles. Good for them! My area was so busy they were bringing in more chairs and obviously going over their designated boundaries, couldn't tell where one started and another ended. I should have brought my sand wedge and a bucket of balls as I had enough room near Pattaya Park (free public area) to practice my golf game.

Just leave it to the military and the Bone Ranger to try to ruin tourism.

• Like 1

This guy thinks there is a shortage of chairs on the beach. Dumbest thing I ever heard.

There must be an alternate universe and a beach named Jomtien?

The Jomtien Beach I know has thousands of unused chairs blocking off territory. Thousands.

I don't have any problem with the chairs. If somebody wants one, request they set one up. Just don't be an <deleted> and block off open space with unused chairs.

I do have an issue with criminals at city hall that sell or lease the open space to stuff their greedy little pockets.

About ten percent of the beach would be blocked off by the chair people if they only set up as needed.

Why not?

Edited by BoneRanger

I ask, Mr. Bone Ranger, because you have to be consistent in your crusades. I made my point a couple of entries ago.

The concessions are an eyesore/The bars are an eyesore

The concessions are allowed because they pay corrupt officials, same for the bars.

The concessions bring down the quality of life in Pattaya, so do the bars.

The TAT tourist brochures don't show you pictures of the beach chairs, neither do they show you pictures of the bars.

Both the beach chairs and the bars are part of a Pattaya culture that goes back at least for the 25+ years I've been coming here. Tourists and locals alike have enjoyed them and given them business. Locals have profited from them, supported themselves and their families.

If you're going to condemn one, then condemn the other. It's called consistency

I certainly don't want to draw conclusions from your handle, but "Bone Ranger" is a sort of double entendre. Perhaps you enjoy the bars just as they are the way many of us enjoy the beaches just as they are.

Edited by prospero
  • Like 1

Your reply was entirely expected, Mr. Bone Ranger. You really can't answer my post in a cogent way, so you resort to ad-hominem and call me "dumb". I notice you do that to other posters who disagree with you. Sticks and stones, Mr Bones.

I think it's quite clear that you don't understand how Pattaya operates. You are the classic naive expat bar-stool bloviator who thinks he knows Thailand and wants to remake the country to suit his shallow image. I don't know if you're British (I have a feeling you are). but your attitude is utterly colonialist.

You decry corruption at City Hall. Did it ever occur to you that the Junta -- the ones who ordered the beach clean-up -- are as corrupt, possibly more corrupt?

There are lots of places that can offer you untouched, sandy beaches -- I mentioned East Malaysia in a previous posting. There are others, in Thailand, Indonesia, and New Jersey.

Why don't you take yourself to one of them?

Edited by prospero
  • Like 1

Its funny but Mr. Bone Ranger sounds almost like Joe-six pack.

No no no. Jsixpack says doomsday in every post and is a Thai apologist like these people here that want to see more chairs jammed into the beach.

Hard to believe some posters here can't find a vacant beach chair.

• Like 1