Looks like pattaya beach crackdown in affect now

yankee99

Somewhat similar in Jomtien, with about half the beach uninfested by umbrellas. There are plenty of tourists who avail themselves of the sun, much more than sit in the fine chairs under umbrellas. Who knows, maybe Thai beaches will look like the photos they splash out in promotions....?

Edit: July is fine for walking on the sand. April is when it gets very hot here, in case you didn't know. Sandals will keep those feet cool enough, btw.

Edited by Emster23
  • Like 1

Somewhat similar in Jomtien, with about half the beach uninfested by umbrellas. There are plenty of tourists who avail themselves of the sun, much more than sit in the fine chairs under umbrellas. Who knows, maybe Thai beaches will look like the photos they splash out in promotions....?

Edit: July is fine for walking on the sand. April is when it gets very hot here, in case you didn't know. Sandals will keep those feet cool enough, btw.

Simply not true, post #8 is on the mark. Look at the OP's and my pics today in the Jomtien Beach thread. Today I would say 1 in 10 used the free public beach and I might be generous. There were 70 people(mostly tourists) in my section, staying cool, avoiding skin cancer, enjoying drinks, food, and the free wifi I might add, and just a scattering of families and sunbathers in the public areas.
  • Like 2

Chairs back today, Thursday, yesterday there was a JCB moving sand about. Chairs/Loungers need to be provided for tourists/people on the beach but need to be limited to certain areas. Bearing in mind over the holiday period it was difficult to find empty ones. The price was 40 baht before the holidays but one 50 baht.

• Like 1

White skinned tourist need umbrellas and chairs..After one hour in the Thai sun sunburns will soon

follow..

You can not even get a Thai woman to go to the beach with out a umbrella..

Folks Pattaya is not Phuket with its beautiful beaches.

Pattaya has a scrappy beach with very dirty ocean water.

With out the umbrellas and chairs on Pattaya beach there just is not a whole lot there...

Sure there should be some open areas on the beach.

But Pattaya needs umbrellas and chairs every day including Wednesdays.

I'll let you in to a little known secret.

The sun is the same sun at the beach as it is at home in Pattaya or sitting around a swimming pool. The same UV hits the skin.

If you can't handle the sun there are many products called sunscreen that can help you stop getting burnt.

You could even avoid the sun between 10am and 3pm. Buy a hat.

Really, if you need umbrellas and chairs...<deleted> are you going to a beach for?

Perv at the girls/boys?

You can sit in a chair and under an umbrella in around your condo pool.

Judging by the female depicted in photo #2, the 'crackdown' is part of a plot to increase Kamagra sales to the unfortunate chaps who strolled the beach!laugh.png

She is a beauty isn't she?

But look at all the shade on the beach!

Who needs umbrellas?

• Like 1

If the pictures are to be believed, very few sun-worshipers are availing themselves of this magnificent stretch of beach -- far fewer than can be found when concessionaires provide ample shade and convenient food service.

Perhaps this is because they are conscious of the danger of skin cancer that comes from prolonged exposure to direct rays. Perhaps it's because they don't want to get sand in their swimsuits.

Wasn't very well advertised. I wondered what was going on as I walked the promenade. I'll plan on laying on the straw mat on the beach next Wednesday.

This is how the beach should look every day in pattaya! ( without people modeling " speedos " ) I think they look a bit ponsy don't you viewers?

The beach is spoilt with Deckchairs and Umbrellas,The Beach is for sunbathing and getting a great tan! If you can't stand the heat then why come to Thailand? Don't you just love a sun tan viewers?

F.J x

Mudcrab, on 15 Jan 2015 - 18:19, said:
hyku1147, on 15 Jan 2015 - 17:39, said:

Judging by the female depicted in photo #2, the 'crackdown' is part of a plot to increase Kamagra sales to the unfortunate chaps who strolled the beach!laugh.png

She is a beauty isn't she?

But look at all the shade on the beach!

Who needs umbrellas?

By 1.00pm most of the sun is shading the footpath and the road. Very little left on the beach as the sun moves west.

If the pictures are to be believed, very few sun-worshipers are availing themselves of this magnificent stretch of beach -- far fewer than can be found when concessionaires provide ample shade and convenient food service.

Perhaps this is because they are conscious of the danger of skin cancer that comes from prolonged exposure to direct rays. Perhaps it's because they don't want to get sand in their swimsuits.

I think you make a very good point. Many of those tourists in the OP's photos may have preferred a chair with shade if they were available that day.... but since they are in Pattaya for a beach vacation they're going there anyway. Another point is that if they have shade they may spend all day at the beach. How long can a fair skinned foreigner roast on a beach in the tropical sun? I know I'd be done in under an hour. ...also, the sand is very coarse on this beach and rather unpleasant to lay on.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

Of course for " real beach lovers " Viewers....Then far better than being " ripped off " by renting a deckchair for 40 baht when you can take the ferry over to Koh Larn ( 30 baht each way ) No need to rent a chair there either! I have attached a photo of myself displaying the lovely beach and clear waters of Koh Larn ( Pattaya ) and who said we don't have nice beaches...? x

F.J x

post-193254-0-87757900-1421327202_thumb.

I understand the people who want to sit in beach chairs but it has been out of control for years now. They take up too much of the beach. When I jog it is impossible do get by the chairs at high tide without going into the water. The chair renters are suppose leave enough space for people to walk by, but simply do not. I only see them moving chairs if one may get swept out to sea. I never see them more than 50% full anyway.

• Like 1

ThaiBob, on 15 Jan 2015 - 17:53, said:
Emster23, on 15 Jan 2015 - 16:56, said:

Simply not true, post #8 is on the mark. Look at the OP's and my pics today in the Jomtien Beach thread. Today I would say 1 in 10 used the free public beach and I might be generous. There were 70 people(mostly tourists) in my section, staying cool, avoiding skin cancer, enjoying drinks, food, and the free wifi I might add, and just a scattering of families and sunbathers in the public areas.

ThaiBob. You are 100% correct. I live opposite Jomtien Beach and yesterday walked along its length and along Dongtan Beach. There was probably only about 20% of people that would normally be using the chairs. Plus at leasy 50% of parking was vacant. Usually full.

I saw many people arrive at the baech and throw their arms in the air in frustration; turn around and leave.

People come here wanting the chairs and shades. They also enjoy the availability of food, beverages, massages and other services. I had 6 different replies from Australians, to my photo on Facebook. They all asked "why?" and expressed their disappointment.

Today l took the same walk and it was back to normal with the car parks full and many visitors using the chairs. There are long sections with no chairs and umbrellas. Apart from the section adjacent to the windsurfing club, the others were very sparce compared to the numbers using chairs.

On another matter l find the farangs who want the whole beach cleared to be very selfish or thoughtless. Have you thought about the hundreds of Thais who rely on this for an income to feed their families and send their children to school. Not just the chair owners, the food hawkers, massage people, other sales, the deliveries from restaurants, ice etc etc. Put all these people out of work, what do some of them do. Crime in an effort to survive.

Also, have a thought for the thousands of holiday makers who enjoy that privilege. If you want umbrella /chair free beaches, move a few kilometers down theroad. There are miles of free beaches in Thailand.

some like the chair and and be ripped of by food,

some like the free beach ;

so there should be a 50% 50% everywhere, and not 5 km off from the Hotel !!