Has anyone tried Subworld Kad Farang

nivram4491

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We went there last night after shopping at the Wednesday night market.....I had the meatball sub - full....the wife had the smokey chicken 1/2 sized.....

Choice of roll is white or wheat - picked wheat and many sauces and a few condiments are available.....the staff was friendly but not 100% English adept.....

Next time I will ask for a little more sauce in my meatball sub - if I don't opt to try something different.....the wife & 6 y/o liked the taste of the chicken sandwich.....the portion size is good and the full is an honest foot long.....one thing the Thai's don't do well on is sauce amounts on food because they do not cook like that.....the quality seemed good and we will go back again......

I kind of felt sorry for them - without the Rim Ping there there is no foot traffic and you have to go away from everything else to seek them out - hope they do well....

Only down side is there was another Farang eating there (only other diner) and he was sitting and staring at our table and watched us the whole time - creeped my wife out - she thought him creepy looking but didn't mention it until we were in the car on the way home - I'd also had that "feeling watched" feeling but everytime I glanced over he'd avert his eyes.....he was dressed presentably but some just give off that aura.....possibly only lonely or just curious.....

We'd already eaten dinner before we headed over there so weren't really hungry but somehow we ate what we'd bought....I thought for sure we were taking it home.....

We went there last night after shopping at the Wednesday night market.....I had the meatball sub - full....the wife had the smokey chicken 1/2 sized.....

Choice of roll is white or wheat - picked wheat and many sauces and a few condiments are available.....the staff was friendly but not 100% English adept.....

Next time I will ask for a little more sauce in my meatball sub - if I don't opt to try something different.....the wife & 6 y/o liked the taste of the chicken sandwich.....the portion size is good and the full is an honest foot long.....one thing the Thai's don't do well on is sauce amounts on food because they do not cook like that.....the quality seemed good and we will go back again......

I kind of felt sorry for them - without the Rim Ping there there is no foot traffic and you have to go away from everything else to seek them out - hope they do well....

Only down side is there was another Farang eating there (only other diner) and he was sitting and staring at our table and watched us the whole time - creeped my wife out - she thought him creepy looking but didn't mention it until we were in the car on the way home - I'd also had that "feeling watched" feeling but everytime I glanced over he'd avert his eyes.....he was dressed presentably but some just give off that aura.....possibly only lonely or just curious.....

We'd already eaten dinner before we headed over there so weren't really hungry but somehow we ate what we'd bought....I thought for sure we were taking it home.....

Owner possibly?

Anyway it sounds as if they are putting things right, so hope they are successful.

Owner possibly?

Anyway it sounds as if they are putting things right, so hope they are successful.

Doubt it. An owner would come over, introduce himself, and ask if the food and service met their expectations.

Owner possibly?

Doubt it. An owner would come over, introduce himself, and ask if the food and service met their expectations.

Nope, not the owner....ate his food - got up and walked away.......

Owner possibly?

God I hope not..! I really dislike it when owners impose and come over for a chat, and doubly so if they're Farang, and triple if they're doing it while I'm eating..

I guess I can sort of tolerate it if they have a legitimate question about the food or service provided, inquiring about a specific customer preference on something, but even then I would prefer a little paper survey slip with a couple checkboxes and a little space for a comment.

I also dislike it when wait staff do this in Western countries.. coming over and asking if I'm enjoying my meal.. They're a waitress or waiter.. the shouldn't really speak unless spoken to or otherwise invited.

(Could just be me of course.. I do like people, just not in person. ;) Not instantly anyway. )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I just tried that place and thought it was good, considering it's close to home. I had a club world which is basically 3 types of meat, cheese and salad, I chose the wheat bread which to be honest wasn't that great will have white next time. Got 2 BLT's for my two children and they really enjoyed it. It's open late which might be useful and I also got two vouchers which will give me a free drink and chips (crisps) next time.

Will go again.

Having spent time in New York, New Jersey and some Italian areas of South Philly, I have to admit I'm "SUB-SPOILED!" Yes, Subway will do in a pinch and even Amazing Sandwich but the Subways are skimpy on meat/cheese and neither has the crusty Italian bread that's so important for my taste in a good sub.....plus.....NO PROVOLONE!!! One poster mentioned gathering the proper ingredients yourself and assembling your own. A VERY GOOD SUGGESTION! I have to have a crusty Italian/French type roll, Provolone cheese and some olive oil with oregano as a light topping. I know I haven't been to every restaurant/sandwich shop in Chiang Mai but Ragu has, to my taste, a very good sub. I think they call it their Italian sandwich. They also have Jalepeno peppers, which I like on my sandwich, but if I take out I'll sometimes use my own Italian pepper spread. I know some critics will say, more expensive, but when I want my "ORIGINAL SUB"...........I want it to taste like I'm back in Philly!!! Plus they give you a salad. Now can someone help me out and tell me the best Philly Cheese steak in Chiang Mai?

100% it was the 'owner'

Don't think so....hefty male farang in his 45-55 range... When served his food no words with the staff....No goodbyes to them when he left....when our 6 y/o girl headed for the restroom he got up and was about 15 seconds behind which made me wary but it was just timing....

Edited by pgrahmm

Having spent time in New York, New Jersey and some Italian areas of South Philly, I have to admit I'm "SUB-SPOILED!" Yes, Subway will do in a pinch and even Amazing Sandwich but the Subways are skimpy on meat/cheese and neither has the crusty Italian bread that's so important for my taste in a good sub.....plus.....NO PROVOLONE!!! One poster mentioned gathering the proper ingredients yourself and assembling your own. A VERY GOOD SUGGESTION! I have to have a crusty Italian/French type roll, Provolone cheese and some olive oil with oregano as a light topping. I know I haven't been to every restaurant/sandwich shop in Chiang Mai but Ragu has, to my taste, a very good sub. I think they call it their Italian sandwich. They also have Jalepeno peppers, which I like on my sandwich, but if I take out I'll sometimes use my own Italian pepper spread. I know some critics will say, more expensive, but when I want my "ORIGINAL SUB"...........I want it to taste like I'm back in Philly!!! Plus they give you a salad. Now can someone help me out and tell me the best Philly Cheese steak in Chiang Mai?

You're not in Kansas any more Toto. Or NY for that matter.

Owner possibly?

God I hope not..! I really dislike it when owners impose and come over for a chat, and doubly so if they're Farang, and triple if they're doing it while I'm eating..

I guess I can sort of tolerate it if they have a legitimate question about the food or service provided, inquiring about a specific customer preference on something, but even then I would prefer a little paper survey slip with a couple checkboxes and a little space for a comment.

I also dislike it when wait staff do this in Western countries.. coming over and asking if I'm enjoying my meal.. They're a waitress or waiter.. the shouldn't really speak unless spoken to or otherwise invited.

(Could just be me of course.. I do like people, just not in person. wink.png Not instantly anyway. )

I don't mind chatting with Farang owners.

Just not with the one who judges by my appearance and nationality that I somehow appreciate his absurd right-wing politics, general bigotry, and irrational anti-Obama animus.facepalm.gif

Edited by arunsakda

A perfect TV Chiang Mai thread. Almost 50 replies from those who have not tried it. If I lived nearby anyway I'd give it a go.

If it is inedible all you have to lose is a little time and the cost of a sarnie. The price cannot be that dear.

***Subway's best-selling sandwich, the B.M.T., contains pepperoni, salami, and ham. The name originally stood for Brooklyn Manhattan Transit, but now stands for "Bigger, Meatier, Tastier". -wikipedia

Not sure about a perfect thread, but definitely typical negative comments from people that never have been to the place.

I have been eating at Sub World 2 to 3 times a week since the place has opened. IMO its better than SUBWAY in most ways, especially the amount of meat and cheese. I noticed complaints in this thread about the price of a half sandwich. It took me a total of about 5 seconds to figure why buy a half when the full size is a way better value and the remaining part is usually eaten within an hour.

My favorites are the World club and Italian, but by far the meatball is not only my favorite but the best value.

I had a chat with the manager , BEE, about the steak and cheese, witch I thought was a bit bland and ask her how they cook it. She was kind enough to show me the product they use, witch is an imported pre sliced ribeye steak, but they did not season the meat before or during cooking. I suggested they should do so and was thanked for the constructive criticism. The next time I stopped in she asked me to try again after changing the way they prepared the steak. Of course it was as expected, much better, and she suggested I upgrade to double cheese for an extra 15bt and try the vinaigrette sauce. I bought into her upsell and now the steak and (double) cheese is on my favorites list.

Edited by dcutman

You must be a vip if you need a food taster.

Went today small bab filling nothing to write home about 99baht very expensive for what it is should be around 69 Baht. Coffee no choice asked for milk it was powder so told them to keep it will not be going backcoffee1.gif

So you know how much it cost to make that sandwich? Complain about coffee in a sub shop? really?

You must be a vip if you need a food taster.

Went today small bab filling nothing to write home about 99baht very expensive for what it is should be around 69 Baht. Coffee no choice asked for milk it was powder so told them to keep it will not be going backcoffee1.gif

So you know how much it cost to make that sandwich? Complain about coffee in a sub shop? really?

Yes happyme doesn't seem to much of a happy chap at all. Looking forward to trying Subworld shortly.

A perfect TV Chiang Mai thread. Almost 50 replies from those who have not tried it. If I lived nearby anyway I'd give it a go.

If it is inedible all you have to lose is a little time and the cost of a sarnie. The price cannot be that dear.

***Subway's best-selling sandwich, the B.M.T., contains pepperoni, salami, and ham. The name originally stood for Brooklyn Manhattan Transit, but now stands for "Bigger, Meatier, Tastier". -wikipedia

Is that 50 replies counting you or not ? "If I lived nearby anyway I'd give it a go".

You have to give small local enterprises a go if they are near to you.

It might not be perfect, but I'm sure the owner wants it to be successful.

Feedback is very important and most will try and put things right, if they know.

Lots of small businesses, especially food outlets are good for a neighbourhood.

Here is a picture of a couple of subs as they are making their delicious way out to someone's waiting stomach at Ragu. While you won't get these subs for 99 Baht you do get what you pay for. As an added bonus Ragu is currently having a Thaivisa Special. If you dine in you get 10% discount on any desserts or deli items togo. So you can buy your bread and cold cuts and make your own special sandwich at home. Check out the meals on Wheels website for pricing on the deli but you do have to go in to get this offer.

Dave

post-118584-0-21184600-1423210649_thumb.

post-118584-0-71258500-1423210722_thumb.

There is a cheap burger shack place in front of Chom Doi Condo...Mark's Burgers, I think...looked kind of cheap....I wasn't hungry, but that does seem to be what people are looking for. Has anyone been there, or know the history of that place?

Trust me on this one, give it a miss!

There is a cheap burger shack place in front of Chom Doi Condo...Mark's Burgers, I think...looked kind of cheap....I wasn't hungry, but that does seem to be what people are looking for. Has anyone been there, or know the history of that place?

Trust me on this one, give it a miss!

any specifics?

Well the owner of Subworld has certainly got his/her name known.

Now it's up to him/her to take advantage of all these views and provide some good food and drink

No milk powder!!.

If anyone is interested, I have been told by two seperate people that they are planning to open another five in Chiang Mai, and the owner of The Game is the owner of Subworld.