Has anyone tried Subworld Kad Farang

nivram4491

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You must be a vip if you need a food taster.

Went today small bab filling nothing to write home about 99baht very expensive for what it is should be around 69 Baht. Coffee no choice asked for milk it was powder so told them to keep it will not be going backcoffee1.gif

Went today small bab filling nothing to write home about 99baht very expensive for what it is should be around 69 Baht. Coffee no choice asked for milk it was powder so told them to keep it will not be going backcoffee1.gif
How about changing your screen name.

Thanks for the "Heads -up" or "Thumbs-down" perhaps the joint would be more appropriately named, "SUBSTANDARD."

I wonder if we can get a ten-page thread going on the merits of a small subsandwich shop that few of us will ever visit.

Here goes -- my favorite place to get a sub is the Subway in the basement of Kad Suan Kaew. Their daily special is a good value and I always run into people I know when I eat lunch there. However, the bottled water is a little overpriced at 15 baht.

I wonder if we can get a ten-page thread going on the merits of a small subsandwich shop that few of us will ever visit.

Here goes -- my favorite place to get a sub is the Subway in the basement of Kad Suan Kaew. Their daily special is a good value and I always run into people I know when I eat lunch there. However, the bottled water is a little overpriced at 15 baht.

I agree a good value there. I noticed that the bread seems a bit dry though. Also noticed that at McDonalds.

I think Subway on Nimman is better, and I will be going back, when the 49 thb sub returns in the low season. The one at Star Avenue was good, too. Walked out of the one at Night Bazaar several years ago, after they put about three teaspoons of tuna on my 15 cm tuna....As far as Subworld; maybe the people coming out of the Game are too broke to buy a sub after paying 95+ for a draft.

Thanks for the "Heads -up" or "Thumbs-down" perhaps the joint would be more appropriately named, "SUBSTANDARD."

PATHETIC

So one person posts a neagative review and its done and dusted that the place is substandard REALLY ? from one review

Like I said PATHETIC

I will admit i live LOSO and try to get by one a shoestring as im not working and i have no income

coming IN as a retiree might...

In that statement i have become creative...i simply have a tea kettle--the crappy stainless steel ones

that was 140bt...work fine..i have tea daily...also i have made oatmeal, boiled eggs, veggies, hot dogs,

as i found a vietnam vendor selling tiny rolls..perfect for my weenies!...anyhoo...

I used to live in the sticks so 7-11 -tesco express....i would get eggs at tesco--mayo--bread and make

egg sandwich..also some spicy brown mustard at tesco extra for my weenies....tuna fish...peanut butter

and jelly as if i was home late and needed a snack other than crappy mama cups..

My idea on the sandwich would be go to tesco or rimping(ugh)if you;re Hiso and but the meat you want

and get the bread or roll u want and the fixings at salad bar..ive seen them at tesco...in other words

make your OWN tasty sandwich the way you like it...seems to me it would be better and cheaper...wai2.gif

Anyhoo back to the barbs and jabs..dont worry about me--i will find the door myself.....dont forget the slaw/chips!

Any Subway aficionado knows what a BMT is, five slices ham, twelve slices of two different types of Salami, four slices of Cheddar cheese with salad, Caesar dressing and salt and pepper on a fresh baked, twelve inch long, Parmesan bread roll.

Currently on special at 198 baht including two soft drinks

I will admit i live LOSO and try to get by one a shoestring as im not working and i have no income

In that statement i have become creative...i simply have a tea kettle--the crappy stainless steel ones

that was 140bt...work fine..i have tea daily...also i have made oatmeal, boiled eggs, veggies, hot dogs,

as i found a vietnam vendor selling tiny rolls..perfect for my weenies!...anyhoo...

I used to live in the sticks so 7-11 -tesco express....i would get eggs at tesco--mayo--bread and make

egg sandwich..also some spicy brown mustard at tesco extra for my weenies....tuna fish...peanut butter

and jelly as if i was home late and needed a snack other than crappy mama cups..

My idea on the sandwich would be go to tesco or rimping(ugh)if you;re Hiso and but the meat you want

and get the bread or roll u want and the fixings at salad bar..ive seen them at tesco...in other words

make your OWN tasty sandwich the way you like it...seems to me it would be better and cheaper...wai2.gif

Anyhoo back to the barbs and jabs..dont worry about me--i will find the door myself.....dont forget the slaw/chips!

Wha Ho The most expensive way to buy vegetables in all of Thailand would be to get them from the salad bar at Tesco. The same for bread Rimping has. Tasty but not cheap.

By the way I make my own sandwiches as suggested.

I went the other day , had a great meatball sub , got ome for the wife too and brought home . Mine were real good better than subway and cheeper . The place was very clean and the service was good . There was a lady there training the help she was very nice and made a good sub . As far as the price I felt ti to be very fair . I ll go back for sure .

Edited by BB1955

Powdered milk would put anywhere on the Do Not Visit list. Horrible in tea and unthinkable in espresso. This is rather a odd business practice if the place is hoping to get a secure a big farang clientele though isn't it?

Powdered milk would put anywhere on the Do Not Visit list. Horrible in tea and unthinkable in espresso. This is rather a odd business practice if the place is hoping to get a secure a big farang clientele though isn't it?

The last business there was Wraps, they failed as well, heard they moved to Makro. The lady owner used to hate my guts. Real piece of work. That premises needs a juice bar or the likes.

The last business there was Wraps, they failed as well, heard they moved to Makro. The lady owner used to hate my guts. Real piece of work. That premises needs a juice bar or the likes.

What is it about the businesses down there that seem to alienate the potential customer base so much? Strange indeed.

Wha Ho The most expensive way to buy vegetables in all of Thailand would be to get them from the salad bar at Tesco. The same for bread Rimping has. Tasty but not cheap.

By the way I make my own sandwiches as suggested.

Well the point is make your own--buy the roll or bread anywhere..also your veggies--if u need one

tomato--lettuce---i am good with just red onion and mustard.....heck-i just ate nom tok moo and they

gave me a crapload of veggies..lettuce too--or any vietnamese joint...you get it with takeaway....wai2.gif

Residents of Kad Farang and nearby might appreciate a small sub sandwich shop, more than they need The Game.

I agree a good value there. I noticed that the bread seems a bit dry though. Also noticed that at McDonalds.

I agree it's good value, but the OP asked about Kad Farang, which is a million miles from KSK.