Has anyone tried Subworld Kad Farang

nivram4491

I wonder if we can get a ten-page thread going on the merits of a small subsandwich shop that few of us will ever visit.

Residents of Kad Farang and nearby might appreciate a small sub sandwich shop, more than they need The Game.

A juice bar is what we (I) need. Turn the Game back into The Dukes and all will be well in the world.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder if we can get a ten-page thread going on the merits of a small subsandwich shop that few of us will ever visit.

Residents of Kad Farang and nearby might appreciate a small sub sandwich shop, more than they need The Game.

A juice bar is what we (I) need. Turn the Game back into The Dukes and all will be well in the world.

Indeed, but my point is that often local communities benefit more from a selection of small affordable enterprises.

^ Agreed, though nothing was ever affordable there. Rosewood certainly wasn't. Wine Connection I liked on my first visit, but second visit was a big disappointment (food quality, freshness of seafood (lack thereof).)

The sub shop was open last night.. Staff were sitting down so wasn't immediately clear/visible they were open.

The Game was very busy: about 5-6 people inside.

We had Isarn food a bit up (North) from Kad Farang. It was excellent. There is also a new Som Tam Udon restaurant at Kad Farang. (Didn't try it). And Donut chain; forgot which one.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

^ Agreed, though nothing was ever affordable there. Rosewood certainly wasn't. Wine Connection I liked on my first visit, but second visit was a big disappointment (food quality, freshness of seafood (lack thereof).)

The sub shop was open last night.. Staff were sitting down so wasn't immediately clear/visible they were open.

We had Isarn food a bit up (North) from Kad Farang. It was excellent. There is also a new Som Tam Udon restaurant at Kad Farang. (Didn't try it). And Donut chain; forgot which one.

That's because the biggest football (soccer) game of the weekend was on,

My wife loves the Som tom there says it the best .

Here goes -- my favorite place to get a sub is the Subway in the basement of Kad Suan Kaew. Their daily special is a good value and I always run into people I know when I eat lunch there. However, the bottled water is a little overpriced at 15 baht.

I agree a good value there. I noticed that the bread seems a bit dry though. Also noticed that at McDonalds.

I agree it's good value, but the OP asked about Kad Farang, which is a million miles from KSK.

Doesn't seem to bother others when posting opinions about other businesses in Kad Farang.

Edited by NancyL

Would be nice if someone out that way could also try it and maybe give the owner a few tips.

It's a shame to see small enterprises fold fast, when perhaps they have the ability to put things right.

i like the Kad Farang area and the more small businesses especially different kinds of food the better.

Thats location has NEVER been the home to the DUKES with the exception of a sign which was there for a few Months it never opened and a juice bar would last even less

Edited by DiamondKing

Thats location has NEVER been the home to the DUKES with the exception of a sign which was there for a few Months it never opened and a juice bar would last even less

Rubbish. The Dukes would dominate the area, unlike The Game, never seen anyone in it. As for a juice bar how do you know? It may do far better than your mates Game.

Rubbish. The Dukes would dominate the area, unlike The Game, never seen anyone in it. As for a juice bar how do you know? It may do far better than your mates Game.

Haha Sherlock maybe you should use the search function about my past comments on the GAME instead of your smart ass comments, LOL I have no idea who owns the game and have eaten and been there ONCE

As for the DUKES (use the search function again Sherlock) you would see that I hate the food at the Dukes (posts from year ago I think) I think its well overated and in the 3 times I have ate there (2 because people kept telling me to try again so I did) I thought it was shit but I understand some people like it but my 3 times there was well enough and the last thing we need is a Dukes in Hang Dong LOL even the game wont last

Onto your juice bar idea if you think it is such a money maker do it yourself, why share a million dollar idea LOL

Edited by DiamondKing

Oh dear here we go again..........Quote "The Dukes would dominate the area," what a load of nonsense.What is it with people that see the Dukes as the worlds answer to every ones personal eating requirements

Are you stalking The Game ? you seem to know how many people eat there and how often and no I haven't been there and have no connection but the choice of restaurants south of town has multiplied by 10 in the 6 years we have been living in Hang Dong and we don't have to be herded like sheep to your obvious biased views.

What about a Donner ka-bob / Gyro / 50's dinner concept ?? The wife has a small shop across from Hang Dong market just up from the Tesco Xpress, selling Thai food. We have been there for just over a year, and I think with the amount of farang out this way, some farang style food would go over. Another thought I have had, is to serve a lunch menu with a choice of two different meats, veggies, cornbread or roll and ice tea, daily, having a different choice every day for five days each week. Any thoughts would be appertiated.

As I said before I think the area would benefit from various small food eating places, the more the better.

Once one gets going it creates the impetus for another to start up.

I'm surprised that no-one thinking of doing something there doesn't at least make an effort to poll the area.

Just starting something and expect people to flock in is wishful thinking.

A sub sandwich place is a very good idea, but at 99 baht for a small bap (as happyme states), they have to get it right, they need feedback and definitely no powdered milk. I'm sure they would rather have feedback and put things right, rather than close. Perhaps they could add something to their menu.

Before starting uo a place needs to have to have some idea of what locals want, both foreigner and Thai.

Edited by uptheos

What about a Donner ka-bob / Gyro / 50's dinner concept ?? The wife has a small shop across from Hang Dong market just up from the Tesco Xpress, selling Thai food. We have been there for just over a year, and I think with the amount of farang out this way, some farang style food would go over. Another thought I have had, is to serve a lunch menu with a choice of two different meats, veggies, cornbread or roll and ice tea, daily, having a different choice every day for five days each week. Any thoughts would be appertiated.

Now you are talking.

Now you are talking.

This sounds like something that would interest the locals if the quality is good and the price right.

Lots of people like to pop out for lunch and then eat at home in the evening.

I tend to think with small food places......keep it simple, do it well......and the people will come.

40's, and you would be getting warm.

Now you are talking.

This sounds like something that would interest the locals if the quality is good and the price right.

Lots of people like to pop out for lunch and then eat at home in the evening.

I tend to think with small food places......keep it simple, do it well......and the people will come.

Indeed. Like Dee's Fish N Chips for example. Perfect with a nice fresh juice from the "juice bar".

Dunkin Donuts.

There is a cheap burger shack place in front of Chom Doi Condo...Mark's Burgers, I think...looked kind of cheap....I wasn't hungry, but that does seem to be what people are looking for. Has anyone been there, or know the history of that place?

A perfect TV Chiang Mai thread. Almost 50 replies from those who have not tried it. If I lived nearby anyway I'd give it a go.

If it is inedible all you have to lose is a little time and the cost of a sarnie. The price cannot be that dear.

***Subway's best-selling sandwich, the B.M.T., contains pepperoni, salami, and ham. The name originally stood for Brooklyn Manhattan Transit, but now stands for "Bigger, Meatier, Tastier". -wikipedia

Edited by arunsakda

There is a cheap burger shack place in front of Chom Doi Condo...Mark's Burgers, I think...looked kind of cheap....I wasn't hungry, but that does seem to be what people are looking for. Has anyone been there, or know the history of that place?

Yes and I'm surprised a prolific poster hasn't wrote anything about it.

Any ideas for Kad Farand area, Chom Doi is a very long way from there.

looks like another good place for an adult entertainment complex.....maybe have a childcare place on one end so the working girls won't have to bring their kids into the bars. The Baan Tawai buses could stop in.

I think the last thing anyone wants out there is an entertainment complex

Long term Hang Donger's follow the Christmas lights and get plenty of good, cheap entertainment. wink.png

Edited by uptheos

Yes and I'm surprised a prolific poster hasn't wrote anything about it.

Maybe the owner is not an Expat Club member? wink.png

looks like another good place for an adult entertainment complex.....maybe have a childcare place on one end so the working girls won't have to bring their kids into the bars. The Baan Tawai buses could stop in.

I think the last thing anyone wants out there is an entertainment complex

Long term Hang Donger's follow the Christmas lights and get plenty of good, cheap entertainment. wink.png

I'm waiting for Ter Karaoke to open a branch.

Well I stopped in again today to get another sub. Got an italian full sandwich . Was very good they put on it what I wanted took it next door to the somtan resturant ate it while my wife had that stuff I cant quiye get use too . Sandwich was good but I will say subway has better bread ...