UK to continue cooperations with Thailand

webfact

UK to continue cooperations with Thailand

BANGKOK, 16 January 2015 (NNT) – The British Ambassador to Thailand has ensured of extend of cooperation between both kingdoms, especially in celebration of the Thai-UK relations in the year 2015.

The British Ambassador to Thailand Mark Kent has called the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Don Pramudwinak on 14 January 2015 and has taken this chance to be updated on the current political developments in Thailand.

The Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs explained that the political landscape of Thailand is different from other nations, and the government is moving towards the reform on 11 aspects that include the suppression of corruption.

He said that the reform process will proceed quickly and cautiously, where the roadmap will eventually lead the nation to the general election.

Regarding bilateral cooperations, the British Ambassador ensured Thailand that the UK will continue to work with the country on trade, investment, education, science, technology, innovation, and culture.

The UK and Thailand will push forward the freshly launched Newton Fund cooperations that promotes cooperation in science, technology, and innovation, while both countries have agreed to hold activities and celebrations along the year 2015 to celebrate the fifth decade of Thailand-UK relations.

The British Ambassador to Thailand has also thanked the Prime Minister for the suspension of the Foreign Business Act amendment which has raised concerns among foreign investors, and for providing information of the murder case in Koh Tao during September 2014.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-01-16 footer_n.gif

Both countries have agreed to hold activities and celebrations along the year 2015 to celebrate the fifth decade of Thailand-UK relations.

Only 50 years? What about the period during the reigns of Rama 4 & early Rama 5 when the British Consuls used gun-boat diplomacy to uphold questionable treaties which allowed their countrymen to rape then Siam of much of its natural resources? (History of Anglo-Thai Relations by M.L Manich Jumsai, Chalermnit)

• Like 2

Both countries have agreed to hold activities and celebrations along the year 2015 to celebrate the fifth decade of Thailand-UK relations.

Only 50 years? What about the period during the reigns of Rama 4 & early Rama 5 when the British Consuls used gun-boat diplomacy to uphold questionable treaties which allowed their countrymen to rape then Siam of much of its natural resources? (History of Anglo-Thai Relations by M.L Manich Jumsai, Chalermnit)

I think they don't want to remember that....both the UK and the Thais.

• Like 2

I have sent a tweet to Mark Kent to see if he is aware he has thanked the PM for the Koh Tao murder enquiries.

If he bothers to reply to you his answer will clearly have to be "no" as he did not say that, that was you twisting what was said. He actually expressed thanks for providing information on those murders which is completely different.

• Like 2

If the ambassador of the UK said all that and praised the General, who are you, the other ones, speaking against him on TVF?

I think it's about time he starts correcting some of you also.

How about being a British taxpayer ... remember Kent effectively works for me and it's a pity those paying his salary don't get a say otherwise he'd be on the unemployment line along with the rest of the morons.

• Like 1

Are you a social justice warrior?

I doubt very much if 'praise' is what was given. No western democracy is going to lavish any praise on what is effectively a dictatorship.

Thailand, like any other country, has its problems; most of these could be sorted out if they weren't so corrupt, narcissistic and greedy.

• Like 2

I have sent a tweet to Mark Kent to see if he is aware he has thanked the PM for the Koh Tao murder enquiries.

I doubt he gives two hoots about those kids just like his Govt! Sad days indeed when a shitty little third world dictatorship has the edge over humanity and justice for your own citizens! Another land of hypocrisy!

• Like 1

If he bothers to reply to you his answer will clearly have to be "no" as he did not say that, that was you twisting what was said. He actually expressed thanks for providing information on those murders which is completely different.

As opposed to the American Ambassador who in a recent alleged sexual assualt case against a western teacher in Indonesia said:

U.S. Ambassador to Indonesia Robert Blake said in a statement to CBC Hamilton that the investigation and the accusations "raise serious questions about the standards of evidence applied."

"The outcome of these cases and what it reveals about the rule of law in Indonesia will have a significant impact on Indonesia’s reputation abroad," Blake's statement continued.

Note: Assault, NOT double rape and savage murder! You see, that's why so many have a problem with Kent and his Govt. right now. Cowards and spineless traitors the lot of them!!

• Like 2

The British Ambassador to Thailand has ensured of extend of cooperation between both kingdoms, especially in celebration of the Thai-UK relations in the year 2015.

I wish I could ask the ambassador if he did indeed ensure of extend of cooperation, and why he didn't speak proper English.

• Like 1

Are you a social justice warrior?

I think it was the French who sent a gunboat and troops. The British didn't. It was known as the Paknam Incident.

Youre wrong mate. The gunboat Policy was a British policy of pursuing foreign policy with naval intimidation. Theyd moor a huge fleet just off the coast before starting 'negotiations' lol. This was used by the french also, but in Bangkokfrogs post, i think he is referring to a specific incident in the mid 1800s, just before the Bowing or Bowring treaty was signed in the 1850s......I think....anyway, try googling it, its an interesting piece of anglo siam history :-)

He did not say thank you. Thank you for proving my point.

As opposed to the American Ambassador who in a recent alleged sexual assualt case against a western teacher in Indonesia said:

U.S. Ambassador to Indonesia Robert Blake said in a statement to CBC Hamilton that the investigation and the accusations "raise serious questions about the standards of evidence applied."

"The outcome of these cases and what it reveals about the rule of law in Indonesia will have a significant impact on Indonesia’s reputation abroad," Blake's statement continued.

Note: Assault, NOT double rape and savage murder! You see, that's why so many have a problem with Kent and his Govt. right now. Cowards and spineless traitors the lot of them!!

You are aware Mark Kent isn't part of the American government ?

If the ambassador of the UK said all that and praised the General, who are you, the other ones, speaking against him on TVF?

I think it's about time he starts correcting some of you also.

This is what the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs said occurred at the meeting. These reports are published on an almost daily basis, and are rarely reported on the other side. When they are, the foreign reports generally contradict the domestic reports.

But, continue to believe what you want. You know what they say, love is blind!

• Like 1

You are aware Mark Kent isn't part of the American government ?

You are aware I'm criticising MK? Maybe read through carefully again who and what I was aiming the comments towards!

• Like 1

"Regarding bilateral cooperations, the British Ambassador ensured Thailand that the UK will continue to work with the country on trade, investment, education, science, technology, innovation, and culture."

Examples of continued cooperation in all areas please, and previous cooperation concerning SPECIFICALLY 'culture', 'education' and 'innovation'? Krap!

• Like 1