First trip to phuket any advice? (Actual advice!)

nailclippers

It's funny how Phuket haters are in the Phuket forum hating the place.

Yet they prefer the stench and smog of the concrete jungle Bangkok or boring Chaing mai.

I don't go to other local forums to display my displeasure for their pissing grounds.

It's a weird anti social online trend for those who don't assimilate wherever they go.

Get a life.

• Like 2

Don't worry about rain... Is hot when u are there, thing is not really the heat is the humidity so when it does rain is sometimes welcome and also normally only a big tropical shower for 20 mins or so. Some comment on dust which shows they av not been Patong for a while, middle rd was main prob back of Jungceylon but has now been laid which has improved things a lot. You will have a Great time and really enjoy it. Great place for a young guy to see

Oh so many replies already!

I do have travel insurance, a expensive one too. So it better deliver!

The hotel is like 5min walk from jungceylon so i'm gueesing tuk tuk/ taxi wouldn't be needed after a night out? or am i mistaken?

Really 10000 a night? Well if the hotel is already paid for and has no entery fee i guess the costs will be barfine + drinks + lt + food and other stuff. But will it really be 10k a night? that means that after 10 days out im already used my original budget and have to sneak out the dirty credit crads to keep going forward.

So, much money = GO Go 5k baht +++ for a night

What about these beer bars? What numbers are we looking at here?

But of course im a reasonable person so i wont go out every day either, so ill save some money there. But if a normal night with hard drinking + fun + girls + whatever turns up = 10k then that might be a small bump on the road.

Thanks for all the advice lads.

If you are 5 min walk from Jungceylon then you have an easy walk to Bangla road and all that. Outdoor beer bars are the cheapest places for everything. The inside places can get pretty pricey.

Best advice, don't go to Phuket or any of the touristy islands.

Phuket is nice, but it would not be my first choice in April May. Phuket is very humid. Patong is a bit expensive, but the seafood really is good. there is a big place that shares 5 or 6 restaurants under one "roof" on your right just before you get to Bangla road. I thought that was very good. Karon beach further south is less crowded and I think a better beach. less nightlife but I think you can keep busy.

Best advice, don't go to Phuket or any of the touristy islands.

Phuket is nice, but it would not be my first choice in April May. Phuket is very humid. Patong is a bit expensive, but the seafood really is good. there is a big place that shares 5 or 6 restaurants under one "roof" on your right just before you get to Bangla road. I thought that was very good. Karon beach further south is less crowded and I think a better beach. less nightlife but I think you can keep busy.
Karon Beach in April/May is very dangerous.

I wouldn't swim there during the monsoon season.

It's claimed many lives, probably more than any other beach on Phuket.

Why would a young guy be looking at Karon Beach or Kata? Cmon peeps, get real - Patong is what he is out for - Party, Party, Party!!! Geez? Think some of you have been vegitating in LOS tooooo Lo......ng.....

Karon/Kata nice, but I think the OP would soon be wanting to get back to the real action, then would need transport and chance riding pi $$d up etc or silly money on taxi's.

Love it or loave it Patong is the place for a young man with a wad of dosh and action on his mind, yes it has its dangers but hey you have to live a little (OMO)

Thank guys!

I'm pretty sure im not gonna rent any Jet Skies this time smile.png I do have a valid license for car and 125cc and forklifts(!) but who cares about forklifts these days sad.png But i would feel much safer driving around in phuket in a large forklift!

But if my doctor from my country subscribes some Valium (Diazepam). Would it be a problem if i bought them at a random pharmacy there? Or do I need to convince/bribe some doctor? If my room got raided and they found 10 tabs of diazepam would they treat it the same way as Yaba?

Im guessing it's safe to walk home from bangla at closing hours to hotel which is like 5mins away from jungceylon? A tuk tuk would be a ripoff for that short distance or?

Cheap thai whiskey? Is it horrible? Im guessing they at least have some JD somewhere tho?

Benzo's and Alcohol.......What could possibly go wrong !!!!!!

DEADLY COMBO

S.B.

Thank guys!

I'm pretty sure im not gonna rent any Jet Skies this time smile.png I do have a valid license for car and 125cc and forklifts(!) but who cares about forklifts these days sad.png But i would feel much safer driving around in phuket in a large forklift!

But if my doctor from my country subscribes some Valium (Diazepam). Would it be a problem if i bought them at a random pharmacy there? Or do I need to convince/bribe some doctor? If my room got raided and they found 10 tabs of diazepam would they treat it the same way as Yaba?

Im guessing it's safe to walk home from bangla at closing hours to hotel which is like 5mins away from jungceylon? A tuk tuk would be a ripoff for that short distance or?

Cheap thai whiskey? Is it horrible? Im guessing they at least have some JD somewhere tho?

Benzo's and Alcohol.......What could possibly go wrong !!!!!!

DEADLY COMBO

S.B.

Hi!

I wouldn't mix them =) I get them at home from my doctor for treating mild insomnia for short periods throughout the year. So it's not like I would abuse or combinate them with anything. They give me less side effects than sleeping pills so I prefer them for short periods when necessary.

I won't be drinking consecutive for a month either so no worries.