SWEDISH CROWN FALL 32 % against THB in the last few months. WHEN IS THAT GOING TO STOP ?

Alfa

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Same with Norwegian KRONE , 6 months ago it was 5.30 THB for 1 NOK , now we only get 4.20 . Bad news for all the retired people living here receiving their hard earned pensions . Lets hope it will turn around soon .

It looks like you are right but.....a program/app XE Live Exchange Rates list the $ v/s Sweedish Crown at 1:8.1

something is wrong. What?

• 3 weeks later...

Dollar only headed higher. Fed will not, cannot lower rates, cannot QE as its be propagandizing about low unemployment and better economy. Most of all it would force the world to further currency debasement. Peril for Swiss and German bonds.

Well, there goes all of next years tourists from Europe. The last gasp of hope...

Koh Lanta will be hurting.

Thai banks/BOT will lower rates, don't do anything based on current rates, at least till ned two Fed meetings. IMO Thailand must lower rates and do QE if it wants to salvage tourism and rice.

Also - Thailand may have serious issues if its loans are denominated in USD (govt infrastructure, condo projects, shopping malls, housing projects, etc...

Edited by Mencken

Don't worry. The thai baht will soon crash. And more impotant. Transfer money to Thailand when the exchange rate is in your favor.

People have been saying (wishing) this for years and have been consistently wrong. You're no different.

Short Memory. Remember Titanic a few years back.

Bad news x2 today. Negative interest rate in sweden, -0.10. And bank of thailand wont do anything to weaken the baht.

See you further down......

------------------------------

Just saw that headline this morning.

I guess now if you havw your money in an account in Sweden, you must now pay them to take your money?

It's all a part of the coming death of the Euro, the Eurozone, and the Gernan Eurobank gangsters scam.

Bad news x2 today. Negative interest rate in sweden, -0.10. And bank of thailand wont do anything to weaken the baht.

See you further down......

------------------------------

Just saw that headline this morning.

I guess now if you havw your money in an account in Sweden, you must now pay them to take your money?

It's all a part of the coming death of the Euro, the Eurozone, and the Gernan Eurobank gangsters scam.

And so the swedish housing bubble keeps inflating. And when it pops, the real crash will come.

Don't worry. The thai baht will soon crash. And more impotant. Transfer money to Thailand when the exchange rate is in your favor.

I wish I had a greenback for every time I've read that prediction over the last 18 years. Short of major upheavals in China and Japan, Thailand's two largest trading partners, its not going to happen - Thailand has a massive bank of cheap labor to draw on and the infrastructure to manufacture and ship almost anything you care to name. As for the earlier claim that tourism is 15% of GDP, that's a long way north of the official figures - less than 10% even when the 'flow on' value is factored in,

On the basis that misery loves company, here's the 10 year Aussie chart. GFC aside, Aussies have enjoyed something in the realm of 28+ over a long period - those days are gone.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=AUD&to=THB&view=1Y

• Like 1

Hopeless, We can't do much about it.

Now the exchange rate for Swedish crown in a Thai Bank is round 3,70 baht for each crown.

3,50 is the line for staying there I stay. Have to find a cheaper apartment to stay.

If the SEK goes under 3,00 THB, than there is no hope left to survive here.

But something makes me confused .

When the people empty their Bank Accounts, what do they do with the money ?

Gold price is still going down. That's very confusing.

I don't have money left, but if I had some probably I should have bought some gold.

If the people don't have money left , than WHERE IS THE MONEY LOADED ?

Probably in these 80 rich peoples pockets. They own the World.

But I think WE ARE MORE HAPPY THAN THEM.

I hope we can manage some more years in Thailand and keep being happy to see smiling Thai Women.

Cheers For Everybody

Now the exchange rate for Swedish crown in a Thai Bank is round 3,70 baht for each crown.

3,50 is the line for staying there I stay. Have to find a cheaper apartment to stay.

I don't have money left, but if I had some probably I should have bought some gold.

I hope we can manage some more years in Thailand and keep being happy to see smiling Thai Women.

Cheers For Everybody

As I'm writing this the exchange rate is 3,86. Any physical exchange office or local bank is gonna charge you at least 10-12% in exchange fee. You should get a credit card with decent rates, Bank Norwegian charges 1,75% and ICA Banken is pretty good as well. (and remember to never let the bank handle conversation at ATMs)

That said, Thailand is still cheap for Swedes. Way cheaper than any euro-country.

As for people complaining that Your government doesn't care. Why would they? Expats are not contributing to their home countries economy in any way. The only government who who has any reason to care whatsoever is where you are currently residing.

Edited by mramazing

Cheers For Everybody

I know a weaker currency is not fun but it's not worth killing yourself over. I have lived on 100 baht per day in Thailand and I didn't die. The dark storms will pass eventually.

Hi,

If the XE Currency Converter writes 3,86 THB for 1 SEK, it doesn't mean that you get it in your hand.

How much do you get in your hand after exchange is important.

If I send the money from SEB Bank to SCB in Thailand , I get 3,77 THB for each crown in my hand.

If I have cash and go to a bank in Thailand, I get about 3,70 THB in my hand if the XE is 3,86.

Since March 2014 has SEK been going down constantly THAN SEK WAS 5,09 THB.......

SO IF YOU DIVIDE 5,09 WITH 3,86 WHAT DO YOU GET. YES YOU GET 1,32 ..... WHAT DOES THAT MEAN ?...

YES, THAT MEANS SEK HAS GONE DOWN 32 % AGAINST THB SINCE MARCH 2014 ..... YES ....CORRECT

SO I WAS RIGHT TO START THE TOPIC WITH " SEK IS DOWN WITH 32 % AGAINST THB "

WILL THAT END LIKE THIS,,, NO ,,, NOW WE HAVE TO PAY A FEE TO THE BANK TO TAKE OUT THE

PENSION FROM THE ACCOUNT ,,,, AND HAVE TO PAY 0,02 % INTEREST AT THE SAME TIME.

THIS IS UNBELIEVEABLE.

Soon I shall start fishing on the beach, probably I can make living with it, and pick some coconuts.

Because you can not move to a cheap place with dirty old fashion toilets and m. m. You have to pay 20-25 000 baht a month for a nice and quite place to stay. But you can save rain water m. m.

Cheers

Many of my local friends are now cutting back on expenditure just to survive. I never thought this was what old age was meant to be. But as you rightly say most governments don't care, ex pats are the forgotten ones because they are out of sight and very much out of mind.

No, old age has alway meant living in poverty for most of the world's population throughout history.

Many people working from 1950-1990 in the western world receive decent pensions, that was a one off event.

1. Your math is incorrect. (5,09-3,86)/5,09 = 25%.

2. In the subject of the thread you wrote "SWEDISH CROWN FALL 32 % against THB in the last few months", which is a clear exaggeration.

3. 20-25 000 THB for a nice place? I'm paying 8000 THB and I'm in the middle of Bangkok next to BTS, with gym, pool, security, 15th floor. You're clearly getting ripped of, or you need to lower your standards.

4. What bank is charging you 0,02% interest rate on your bank account?

5. Unlock your caps lock button.

Edited by mramazing
  • Like 1

Hello Amazing,

1- If you multiply 3,86 with 1,32, you get 5,09 . That means 3,86 has to go up 32 % to reach 5,09.

25 % it's down, but it's another way of looking at it.

2- Ok, that is not correct, but what does it matter 10 months or 4 months ago, it's going down that's the most important. Maybe that's why I got so many answers.

When you are young weeks days hours are important, but now it doesn't matter so much.

3- There are separate houses near the beach of Koh Lanta and many other nice places, Quite and fresh air but expensive. If you prefer big city ok for you. But everybody can not live in a big city.

Probably my life will end soon, and I don't have to bother about anything.

4- SEB Bank.

Have a good day.

Ha Det.

My last Year in TH . . . .

Next stop for us on government pension . . is Medellin Colombia . . . 1sek = 290 pesos . . usually over 300 per krona . . . . .

best climate ever ! . . best girls ! . . . better food . . better everything ! ^^

Here we go ! . . .

Wow, I was there 5 years ago. The food sucks. The girls look like trannies. The climate at 5000 feet altitude is OK, but I suspect being in a bowl surrounded by mountains, means you will have temperature inversions and bad air pollution. The glue sniffers laying by the side of the highways are disgusting. You can't buy Chile peppers there, so I hope you like bland food.

Better everything? By "everything", you mean cheaper cocaine, right?

5555+

"There are separate houses near the beach of Koh Lanta and many other nice places, Quite and fresh air but expensive. If you prefer big city ok for you. But everybody can not live in a big city.

Probably my life will end soon, and I don't have to bother about anything."

You're worried about the exchange rate, but you're wasting money like a tourist?

I'm moving into a new apartment next month. It's on a quiet one lane road overlooking rice and corn fields. It's within walking distance to Big C.

It's brand new construction, with a security door. Fan only, 2500B a month.

With all due respect sir or madam, your financial priorities are out of order. Not surprising you speak of your demise fondly, if only to stop the financial hemorrhaging

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I regret to say that this morning at least, it's now down to 3,71

I think Sweden has taken a leaf out of Draghi's book. The whole of the eurozone is in recession with deflation at -0,6% so the ECB is hoping that by trashing the euro, it'll make exports more attractive.

Once that happens, the euro/SEK should head north once more and we'll be back to inflationary pressures again. That will necessitate raising interest rates which in turn will raise the value of the currency.

Just the old 'boom & bust' scenario all over again.

post-101376-0-17263000-1425321991_thumb.

I regret to say that this morning at least, it's now down to 3,71

I think Sweden has taken a leaf out of Draghi's book. The whole of the eurozone is in recession with deflation at -0,6% so the ECB is hoping that by trashing the euro, it'll make exports more attractive.

Once that happens, the euro/SEK should head north once more and we'll be back to inflationary pressures again. That will necessitate raising interest rates which in turn will raise the value of the currency.

Just the old 'boom & bust' scenario all over again.

The SEK/THB exchange rate has been floating around 3,90 for the past month, there has been no drastic change the past couple of days? I have no idea what exchange office you are looking at but if their exchange rate is 3,71 you are paying around 5% in exchange fee.

The Swedish government are looking into dissolving the 25 year old budget surplus target of 1%/GDP to tackle the current deflation. I would look more into that and the public investments that will follow than what the worthless central banks are doing.

Edited by mramazing

This is a nice place to check the value against SEK

http://rl.se/valutor

Select THB and 5,10 or 20 years ...

No gambling for me as I have been able to pick 4 real peaks for my trips sad.png but as others wrote. It will stabilize eventually.

I do hope that Thailand will lower against the USD as that is what we Swedes are suffering from, low exchange rate against the USD.

Hopefully for for , you'll pick and capitalize on the four best picks during your lifetime.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hej Chopin2,

There is no better music exists in the whole World and the Universe.

You are right,,,, now it comes the result.

Today the best exchange place in BKK give you 3.60 THB for a SEK.

And if I send my pension to a Thai Bank from a Swedish Bank , I get 3,57 THB for a SEK... ( 3 satang lower )

And ordinary Bank Exchange in Thailand, they give you 3,48 THB for a SEK. ( 12 satang lower )

55555555 , Very Funny,,,,,cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

And it is going like that until October 2015 ,,, minimum..

Because of the decision from ECB.

So what are we going to expect ?

1 US$ = 1 Euro ,,,, maybe.

1 SEK = 3 THB ,,,,, maybe . Maybe 2,50 THB.

Anyway, everything is lost already. What does it matter if 1 SEK = 1 THB ...

We can not live like Thai people do. They survive with 50 THB a day.

Go back to Sweden and go to a Swedish hospital when you are ill is worst. It happened to me once because of a kidney stone. Never again. Bad nurses , bad doctors, when you need them , push the button but nobody show up.

It was terrible . And because you are old nobody care much. That's their policy. They want to get rid of you , They don't want to pay more pension.

Here when you had some money , than you go to a private hospital. It's wonderful. You get respect with your money.

But now that possibility has disappeared .

Probably I move to BKK to a 15th floor building. To an small apartment , maybe 3000 a month.

That kind of apartments has very easy solutions, these are free solutions and they are very effective and they never miss.. You read about it often in the news. It's very common and popular solutions.

You have what you've done all your life. Actually there is not much to do more, you can't live to become 90.

Probably it's time to move now.

We'll see what shall it bring at the new place.

Maybe you born in another place there they are already fighting with each other and your mother try to protect you from them ... Ohhh my son....

Have a good day. 402.gif

Hej Chopin2,

There is no better music exists in the whole World and the Universe.

You are right,,,, now it comes the result.

Today the best exchange place in BKK give you 3.60 THB for a SEK.

And if I send my pension to a Thai Bank from a Swedish Bank , I get 3,57 THB for a SEK... ( 3 satang lower )

And ordinary Bank Exchange in Thailand, they give you 3,48 THB for a SEK. ( 12 satang lower )

55555555 , Very Funny,,,,,cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

And it is going like that until October 2015 ,,, minimum..

Because of the decision from ECB.

So what are we going to expect ?

1 US$ = 1 Euro ,,,, maybe.

1 SEK = 3 THB ,,,,, maybe . Maybe 2,50 THB.

Anyway, everything is lost already. What does it matter if 1 SEK = 1 THB ...

We can not live like Thai people do. They survive with 50 THB a day.

Go back to Sweden and go to a Swedish hospital when you are ill is worst. It happened to me once because of a kidney stone. Never again. Bad nurses , bad doctors, when you need them , push the button but nobody show up.

It was terrible . And because you are old nobody care much. That's their policy. They want to get rid of you , They don't want to pay more pension.

Here when you had some money , than you go to a private hospital. It's wonderful. You get respect with your money.

But now that possibility has disappeared .

Probably I move to BKK to a 15th floor building. To an small apartment , maybe 3000 a month.

That kind of apartments has very easy solutions, these are free solutions and they are very effective and they never miss.. You read about it often in the news. It's very common and popular solutions.

You have what you've done all your life. Actually there is not much to do more, you can't live to become 90.

Probably it's time to move now.

We'll see what shall it bring at the new place.

Maybe you born in another place there they are already fighting with each other and your mother try to protect you from them ... Ohhh my son....

Have a good day. 402.gif

Hang in there, 6 - 8 months and SEK is bouncing back to near 5 THB = 1 SEK