soihok

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the moon.

Danny Kent.

So happy.

My wife is shouting at me for shouting and scaring the kids.

Well done Danny.

Oliviera us a star of the future.

But the day belongs to Danny and all Brits.

So happy

Lots of 'sour grapes' in the press from Rossi, IMHO he was lucky to be there at all - should have been 'Sin Binned' for a week.

In saying that he did have an outstanding ride and was supported in his comments by Lorenzo. I do believe the Honda boys did give it their all.

Well done Danny Kemp.

The highlight of the day for me was Danny Kent, and he was wise to stay out of it up front considering what happened on the last corner to no less than three of them. Well done.

I was mildly excited by Rossi's ride through the pack after which it became a procession with Marquez giving Lorenzo an early Christmas present. Of course Honda would defend Marquez, they think he was trying, of course he's not going to tell them any different. At no stage did he show him a wheel or make any effort to pass, he could have easily imho, but didn't want to as that may have encouraged Pedrosa to have a go as well.

But I know read the scoreboard it's all over. Lorenzo did win more races and deserves my grudging praise for his championship. Marquez will probably win next year and normal service will be resumed. One day when people say who was the greatest, Marquez or Rossi, they will say well Rossi never won a championship that Marquez was in. But I will remember.

Lots of 'sour grapes' in the press from Rossi, IMHO he was lucky to be there at all - should have been 'Sin Binned' for a week.

In saying that he did have an outstanding ride and was supported in his comments by Lorenzo. I do believe the Honda boys did give it their all.

Well done Danny Kemp.

And his brother Ross! See you down the Vic!:P

Interesting comments from Lorenzo. Rossi may have been right.

"They knew what I had in play. The fact that they are Spaniards like me helped me."

"That helped me because for sure, in another kind of race, they would have tried to overtake, which they didn't this time."

"If Valentino had been in my poistion, and with Italians behind they would have done exactly the same. The title had to be for Spain."

Edited by nottocus

But I know read the scoreboard it's all over.

Is it?

I know it is unlikely after they rejected his stay of application of the penalty points, but what happens if the CAS decide in the formal hearing that Rossi should not have been penalised with three points for Sepang?

The penalty point system is by season, so they cannot "give them back" for 2016, they would have to make some kind of compensatory award...... Rossi would have started 14 places higher up the grid.

I cannot see how that can decide a different outcome, but what would they do?

Cancel the race result or joint title holders maybe, years of litigation and so on, I really hope it doesn't come to that even though I was on Valentino's side of the box.

But you are right, given the interim decision, I think it's pretty much done and dusted. I must admit I don't really know how this court works though.

I'd just like to give Marquez a mouthful in his own language, but that ain't gonna happen either.

Roll on next year.

I hope that the dust will have settled by then, but the relationship between Rossi and Marquez is never going to be the same.

It never really has been good between the two Yamaha men anyway.

Cheer's

• 2 weeks later...

On the subject of racing, watched Hickman win the Macau GP yesterday, its a trip worth making, great atmosphere, and well organised. Only a couple of hours from bkk, easy to get around.

Must have been fun. I seriously considered going but really I could only justify either Macau or Sepang MGP and Sepang won. In the unlikely event that I am still in Asia next year I'll go to Macau.