International Shipping Pattaya to Philippines

roadagent

I would like to get any recommendations on international shipping companies that ship via sea freight from Pattaya to the Philippines? As far as I know, neither DHL nor FedEx offer sea freight service. They do offer 3 day express and to ship a 22in x 18in x 16in box (55lbs) is 6,260B!

Most of my belongings are clothes, some household items, 4 hanging pictures in frames and desktop computer with printer. Nothing very large nor very heavy. Altogether, a total container volume of about 4 m3. Arrival in about 4-6 weeks would be fine.

Are cardboard packing/shipping boxes available around town anywhere? The post office has some but too small. Are there any packing companies in town?

I have tried google search but my results haven't been very productive and also looked on TV. I have contacted "pattayashipping.com" and am waiting for their reply but would like to have a few alternative sources to compare rates.

Thank you!

I wanted to ship personal belongings to Philippines last year, but almost no reply from the 10+ shipping agents I found by search online. Search Laemchabang shipping agents / Bangkok shipping agents / freight forwarding company.

The very few who cared to reply, quoted me 70,000 - 100.000+ Baht for 6m3 Sea freight.

Needless to say, I sold more than first intended, and the rest was packed in a 2nd suitcase, 8000 Baht excess baggage fee at airport (total 50 kilos).

Shipping box and bubble plastic can be bought at Pattaya Klang up from Foodland, same side of the road.

Don't hold your breath waiting for reply - most shipping agents don't care to reply.

I wanted to ship personal belongings to Philippines last year, but almost no reply from the 10+ shipping agents I found by search online. Search Laemchabang shipping agents / Bangkok shipping agents / freight forwarding company.

The very few who cared to reply, quoted me 70,000 - 100.000+ Baht for 6m3 Sea freight.

Needless to say, I sold more than first intended, and the rest was packed in a 2nd suitcase, 8000 Baht excess baggage fee at airport (total 50 kilos).

Shipping box and bubble plastic can be bought at Pattaya Klang up from Foodland, same side of the road.

Don't hold your breath waiting for reply - most shipping agents don't care to reply.

On Cebu Pacific you can upsize luggage allowance to 40 kg for just over 2180 baht (BKK - MNL). With carry on and a laptop bag you'll be able to carry 50 kg.

I'd use these guys. http://www.pinoy-cargo.com/

You can choose between per kilo pickup or go for set box sizes. For example, you could ship 100 kg for 7000 baht from your doorstep in Pattaya to Manila. A 60 x 60 x 60 cm (balikbayan) box Bangkok - Manila will set you back 500 baht.

There's an agent in Pattaya:

Vengie 0816323406

I don't think you'll beat their prices.

You buy empty boxes for 200 baht each and they will deliver them to your door (free delivery in Bangkok if you order 5 or more). They pick up loaded boxes every Wednesday and they will be available for pick up the following Thursday or Friday. The can also arrange door to door delivery to anywhere in the Philippines. You'll also get a tracking number. The standard size box is 60 x 60 x 60 cm (traditionally called a balikbayan box)

If you decide to use the guys and I'm sure you will, let us know how you found their service.

Edited by tropo

It may also be worth getting a quote from these guys:

http://www.belsped-expatmovers.com/about_us.html

If you search information about shipping to the Philippines, always include "balikbayan box" in your search. They are the traditional way of getting stuff back home by overseas Filipino workers and usually the cheapest and best options for getting your stuff over there.

• 2 months later...

Update: I had enlisted the services of Pinoy-Cargo last night. Vengie came by at 8:30PM to weigh my box (51 cm x 51 cm x 81 cm) and take it for shipping. Current charges are: 85B/Kg plus 1200B for delivery outside Manila (Angeles City) plus 200B for their shipping box. Shipping time is approximately 25-30 days door-to-door service. I'll update again when (and if) my box arrives.

Certainly the least expensive option by far. Most others are house movers/relocators with a minimum size of 4 m3 and prohibitively expensive for small lots.

Edited by Rimmer
Please do not post in non standard fonts thank you

• 2 months later...

Update: I (finally) received my box on 5/25. I was originally quoted 25-30 days for delivery (box was picked up on 3/25). On their web site, it stated a tracking number would be issued but I wasn't given one. I called the Bangkok office and spoke to a guy name Jeff who gave me the tracking number. Only problem was when I entered the number in the tracking system, it said "number not found". I called Jeff back and he explained the tracking number only works AFTER the box leaves Manila customs? That seemed a little strange to me. Why would you not, at least, enter the fact that the box was, in fact, picked up and in their possession?

I tried to call the Bangkok office when I got back to the PI but now, no answer. Strange? I resigned myself to the fact that possibly I wasn't going to get my box and then it showed up. Just to check, I put the number Jeff gave me in their tracking system and again I got "number not found". Then I figured out why. On the box, it had the tracking number and turns out the number Jeff gave me had an extra "0" in it or I heard it wrong. Anyway all's well that ends well. It just took 2x longer but no big deal and the price was right. If you need to ship to the Philippines, you might consider them as a viable option.

• 1 month later...

I used to Live in The Phils before moving to Happy land, I also came out of the import / export business...and the comments here are very spot on.

sell everything you can and take the rest on the plane and pay the over weight fee. Most items you have can be replaced in the Phils and once you add shipping and all the fees to retrieve and deliver your goods you might as well get some new.

Good Luck

• 1 year later...
On 1/19/2015 at 8:16 PM, tropo said:

I'd use these guys. http://www.pinoy-cargo.com/

You can choose between per kilo pickup or go for set box sizes. For example, you could ship 100 kg for 7000 baht from your doorstep in Pattaya to Manila. A 60 x 60 x 60 cm (balikbayan) box Bangkok - Manila will set you back 500 baht.

There's an agent in Pattaya:

Vengie 0816323406

I don't think you'll beat their prices.

You buy empty boxes for 200 baht each and they will deliver them to your door (free delivery in Bangkok if you order 5 or more). They pick up loaded boxes every Wednesday and they will be available for pick up the following Thursday or Friday. The can also arrange door to door delivery to anywhere in the Philippines. You'll also get a tracking number. The standard size box is 60 x 60 x 60 cm (traditionally called a balikbayan box)

If you decide to use the guys and I'm sure you will, let us know how you found their service.

Can we send small parcel with food and clothes ? No customs clearance fee ?