What the?

bangkokjulia

neverdie, on 18 Jan 2015 - 19:45, said:
ATF, on 18 Jan 2015 - 19:41, said:

Did they visit Konying's breakfast emporium?

Is that one of the places that's a bit slow to bring the 1 baht change?

I understand you have to wait at least half an hour.

• Like 1

bangkokjulia, on 18 Jan 2015 - 20:01, said:

Can anyone enlighten me as to why these types of establishments appear to be popular?

Well Julia it's a double sided scam. The owners hope that you will buy a few beers or an extra tea/coffee and the punters steal the ketchup and other condiments and sometimes the cutlery too.

It's a lose lose situation.

• Like 2

Thanks ATF. After looking at the Peter Dickinson reviews, the photos he provided looked like great advertisements for food poisoning. Are the owners from any particular race, and based on said photos, do the owners actually eat their own 99 baht breakfast?

bangkokjulia, on 18 Jan 2015 - 20:09, said:

Thanks ATF. After looking at the Peter Dickinson reviews, the photos he provided looked like great advertisements for food poisoning. Are the owners from any particular race, and based on said photos, do the owners actually eat their own 99 baht breakfast?

These guys are so mean they probably live off the leftovers, if there are any after the plate lickers have finished.

• Like 1

My aim is not to spend more than 100 Baht a meal. (I will consider 110 Baht if the meal looks worthwhile). I have purposefully eaten two 'Full English' breakfasts priced at 140 Baht and one at 180 Baht.

I'm laughing so much now I think I may have an accident....Sterling stuff!!! laugh.pngcheesy.gifclap2.gif

What a sad sack of sheet....imagine being so lame as to rate these scummy breakfasts. Lol Edited by neverdie
  • Like 2

This Digital Pikey tries to make a living out of 99 baht breakfasts. How sad is that?

http://peterdickinson.hubpages.com/hub/Pattaya-Full-English-Breakfast-Review

There seems to be no mention of whether the change was given or not.

Clearly Peter wasn't giving a comprehensive review. How could he miss such a thing?

Maybe somebody should contact him and ask him to be more thorough in the future.

• Like 2

My aim is not to spend more than 100 Baht a meal. (I will consider 110 Baht if the meal looks worthwhile). I have purposefully eaten two 'Full English' breakfasts priced at 140 Baht and one at 180 Baht.

I'm laughing so much now I think I may have an accident....Sterling stuff!!! laugh.pngcheesy.gifclap2.gif

What a sad sack of sheet....imagine being so lame as to rate these scummy breakfasts. Lol

Indeed. Worse still, fancy making an issue of spending 140B and 180B

Maybe 'angry' kurtramsbottom is the platelicking reviewer of said slop....

Could be, but with his disposition he would more likely to be the reviewer of grindhouse establishments. Also, I doubt he can afford 180 baht breakfast, or a camera.

Crazy chef 1, on 19 Jan 2015 - 04:03, said:

the price my dear - the price nowadays almost nobody is looking for quality

Unfortunately you are correct. Most wouldn't care if they're eating roadkill as long as the price is right.