registered partnership draft, LB&falang, visa

Matej

Hello,

I know there is ongoing parliament discussion on civil unions law for same-sex couples or,

maybe even replace words man and woman in Constitution of Thailand ...

Does someone know if I can find draft somewhere in English? Rights and obligations?

I'd like to know if I will be permitted to stay in Thailand after I get married to my LB girlfriend and some other things

Another question:

Do you think junta will approve this law or not?

fix its image, warm up relations with West, a little bit ... politically reasonable decision, no?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

fix its image, warm up relations with West, a little bit ... politically reasonable decision, no?

and pray tell whose relations in the west do you think this will warm up ? the Fox news watching liberals ?

some how don't think the military junta will be bending over to improve relations with anyone

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

and pray tell whose relations in the west do you think this will warm up ? the Fox news watching liberals ?

some how don't think the military junta will be bending over to improve relations with anyone

partly, if ever, liberals, human rights organizations ...

small part of thai population.

Currently same sex marriages/civil partnerships are not recognised by Thailand. At some Thai embassies you might get a visa based on it, but immigration in Thailand will not give an extension of stay based on this.

If it will come to a law change is hard to tell. I think in the end it will, but the question is within what time frame. It might take 10 years or more.

Currently same sex marriages/civil partnerships are not recognised by Thailand. At some Thai embassies you might get a visa based on it, but immigration in Thailand will not give an extension of stay based on this.

If it will come to a law change is hard to tell. I think in the end it will, but the question is within what time frame. It might take 10 years or more.

Mario,

Just prior to Yinluck getting the flick there was draft legislation in parliament about this, I was reading it on a Thai site, but like everything else I can't find it now, nor can I recall the details. My old mind.

I would imagine it's buried away on a desk somewhere and unlikely to raise it's head under the current regime.

I would imagine it's buried away on a desk somewhere and unlikely to raise it's head under the current regime.

There's ongoing petition on this topic, almost 19 000 signers up today, which organizers want to deliver to King Rama IX.

King won't brush it under the carpet ... for certain.

As far as I know he has some influence with Prayuth, as he is royalist. Maybe there's little hope.

This is current strategy of Thai activists.

Whether NCPO has this topic on its agenda, I don't know ... I asked many people, no one knows.

Edited by Matej
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, I had to remove a post which contravenes the rules. We don't allow for lobbying members.

Let's try a more creative way of having members pursue this issue.

Maybe we can get by with letting people know they can Google it or leave out the direct link.

forcechange.com/72422/urge-thailand-to-legalize-same-sex-marriage/