Eva airways vs Thai airways

jgd1004

Hi all.

Im returning to Thailand in april to celebrate songkran. Ive flown with thai airways the past 3 times and think they are a great airline but if i stay in Thailand over 4 weeks the flight price jumps up an extra £200 or more! I was told by a holiday company that thai airways like you to return within 1 month and now ive seen that for myself as this time i have decided to go for 5 weeks. Therefore ive looked at other airlines and came across EVA airways which seem to be a good airlines from the reviews ive read but you cant beleive everything you see on the Internet, so i thought id ask in here. Have any of you flown with Eva airways before and what are they like compared to Thai airways? Do they have the same level of service? What are the meals like and do they offer complimentary alcohol? Also are they reliable? I have never heard of them before thats all.

Thanks in advance.

Ok thanks for the advice. I actually thought thai was great. I usually use virgin to travel to other destinations and they used to be good and i thought thai was even better. But I'll definitely use eva now just wanted to make sure i was making the right decision thanks

Is there a company that i could book through which allows to pay a deposit then installments towards the cost of a flight to Thailand? I do this when flying to Barbados but haven't seen any way of doing it to Thailand. I will check out westeast travel thanks

Eva are generally cheaper. Ive used them many times in the past' If family and friends come out I'll book them on Eva. If you book well in advance you'll get a good deal with Eva, I got a couple of tickets for Mr sister and husband and paid 600gbp per seat, and that's over Songkran date , 3/4- 17/4

I've flown Thai Airways and Eva to UK.

Both offer an excellent service and I have no complaints about anything.

The only advantage with Eva is, that they offer cheaper tickets.

Can't really understand what is all this bashing about Thai Airways........I think it's just a habit of certain TVF members.

I thought you always flew with Air Gerbil?

EVA is a better airline all round compared to Thai, IMO.

I've flown Thai Airways and Eva to UK.

Both offer an excellent service and I have no complaints about anything.

The only advantage with Eva is, that they offer cheaper tickets.

Can't really understand what is all this bashing about Thai Airways........I think it's just a habit of certain TVF members.

I thought you always flew with Air Gerbil?

EVA is a better airline all round compared to Thai, IMO.

BS as usual.......nothing else to add.

What i have noticed is eva fly single jet planes rather than twin. Although im still going with eva ive always felt safer in twin jet planes

No aircraft fly with a single jet engine unless military.

You mean twin engines - one on each wing ?

Agree with others and EVA win hands down......

However, also check out BA. I am going to the UK this summer (so it is BKK to LHR which is always more expensive than booking from the UK) and BA came out noticeably cheaper than EVA.

IMO British Airways are about as far ahead of EVA, as EVA are of Thai.

However, also check out BA. I am going to the UK this summer (so it is BKK to LHR which is always more expensive than booking from the UK) and BA came out noticeably cheaper than EVA.

Agree that BA is a very good carrier, probably one of the best.

i checked out their one way flights to UK this summer and it is much cheaper than EVA

22,000 BA.......27,000 EVA.......Thai 28,000

I do prefer Thai's 0110 Departure against BA 1140 and EVA 1250.

I'm flying LHR-BKK this Thursday on EVA. Have flown both loads of times.. Never flown economy on EVA, only premium and the old business, but I always found them ok. The food is always a disappointment though. Will be flying their new business cabin to BKK and premium economy back.

If Thai were to install premium economy and use their new business cabin on the route and have prices that matched EVA, I would probably choose Thai. Not much in it though.

If I was to fly economy, and I generally don't because of the long legs, I would always choose Thai because of the more spacious seats.

I'm flying LHR-BKK this Thursday on EVA. Have flown both loads of times.. Never flown economy on EVA, only premium and the old business, but I always found them ok. The food is always a disappointment though. Will be flying their new business cabin to BKK and premium economy back.

If Thai were to install premium economy and use their new business cabin on the route and have prices that matched EVA, I would probably choose Thai. Not much in it though.

As a matter of interest, where did you book your ticket ? I can't see an option on the EVA website to mix cabins going out/back. Cheers