Yamaha MT-09 Tracer 2015

Ozgur

They seem to like the phrase "Dark Side" which is quite appropriate for their lack of dealers/clarity & general marketing

Maybe the next phase will be "Smoke & Mirrors" ????

Edited by DILLIGAD

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try checking out their website... There are big bikes on there. But I challenge anyone to find them in under 20 clicks.

Disappointing really, combined with virtually non existent dealership.. Ok there are a few.. It just doesn't instill confidence in the buyer that they will be looked after.

P.s. I want a mt07 !

• 1 month later...

Called up Yamaha in Bangkok today to enquire when the FJ-09/MT-09 Tracer was due and was told maybe next year, they had no idea about pricing. I'm not sure but it seems like the Yamaha big bike section (Riders Club) is run like an independent franchise with minimal involvement from Yamaha, the website is a terrible mess with just a bare minimum of information on the bikes, the experience of calling the showroom was amateur and left me with the distinct impression I'd somehow disturbed their morning nap, Whilst the likes of Kawasaki, Honda, Ducati and Triumph are shifting big numbers of middleweight and large adventure bikes Yamaha and Suzuki are nowhere to be seen. The Tracer should be a big seller for Yamaha in Thailand even with the seemingly greedy price uplift mention earlier in this thread. Base price in Japan is 265k, anyone have any ideas of import costs or a company who could do it for me?

Called up Yamaha in Bangkok today to enquire when the FJ-09/MT-09 Tracer was due and was told maybe next year, they had no idea about pricing. I'm not sure but it seems like the Yamaha big bike section (Riders Club) is run like an independent franchise with minimal involvement from Yamaha, the website is a terrible mess with just a bare minimum of information on the bikes, the experience of calling the showroom was amateur and left me with the distinct impression I'd somehow disturbed their morning nap, Whilst the likes of Kawasaki, Honda, Ducati and Triumph are shifting big numbers of middleweight and large adventure bikes Yamaha and Suzuki are nowhere to be seen. The Tracer should be a big seller for Yamaha in Thailand even with the seemingly greedy price uplift mention earlier in this thread. Base price in Japan is 265k, anyone have any ideas of import costs or a company who could do it for me?

Thx for the report, that pretty much confirms my experience with the Yamaha dealer in Phuket that I went to in order to enquire about the Tracer.

The sales women would repeatedly "correct" me that I mean the Fazer. Then said a "Tracer" doesn't exist and when I showed her the bike on the official Yamaha page, she said they don't have it in Thailand.

Test rides for other bikes in the showroom (MT-09, MT-07)? Nope.

No surprise their showroom was devoid of any kind of customer. Be it sales or service.

Well, they can keep their bikes.

I am going to buy a Maxton RT10 shock for my MT-09.

Nice

http://www.maxtonsuspension.co.uk/files/rt10.htm

i have maxton NR4 and the 20mm fork cartridges in my FZ09 now. ive relocated uo to doi ang khang area so i test them out on a daily basis and the difference is phenominal! ive also got the ohlins/andreani kit in my UK MT09 which are equally phenominal but a lot cheaper.

if you want any advice or tips on modifying your bike send me a pm or drop in on my 'yamaha mt09 riders group' FB page :)

Nice one !!

thumbsup.gif

My bike now runs an NR4 shock but standard fork internals.

Just the rear shock made a huge difference.

ah yeah, i was speaking to richard at maxton and he said they had sent 1 over. i cant tell you enough that you should get the fork internals next. the difference is night n day! go for the fork caps too.

the cartridge bolts are a right barsteward to remove. im doing a 'how to do' article in a couple of weeks on my fb page with pics of the tools to do the job.

Nice one !!

thumbsup.gif

My bike now runs an NR4 shock but standard fork internals.

Just the rear shock made a huge difference.

ah yeah, i was speaking to richard at maxton and he said they had sent 1 over. i cant tell you enough that you should get the fork internals next. the difference is night n day! go for the fork caps too.

the cartridge bolts are a right barsteward to remove. im doing a 'how to do' article in a couple of weeks on my fb page with pics of the tools to do the job.

Cheers!

I am in Singapore, another poster who may be posting here soon has installed one into his 09 in Thailand.

The bike is only used for commuting, I am not planning on carrying out the fork mods. As I am half way to losing my driving license here I am so aware of speed and rarely go over 100 kph. I need the bike for work, the though of going on the bus / train makes me feel depressed wink.png

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/824462-yamaha-fz09-one-year-on/

• 2 months later...

o took the tracer and the MT-09 for test rides (as well as the triumph speed triple) and ended up just buying the regular mt-09.

the tracer is dumbed down, and nice if you commute I guess.. but it lacks grunt the 09 has... and doesn't wheelie as well etc.

I am importing mine here when I come. Hope there are decent roads here.... any of you near Bangsaen?

Edited by Chris Botha

I understand its just a 77% import tarriff as a personal vehicle?

Please search the subject here and all its pitfalls/risks.

I honestly wish you (a fellow biker) good luck Chris but ask yourself this.....

If it can be done, why are so many long term expats not doing the same?

I understand its just a 77% import tarriff as a personal vehicle?

you might get a temporary import to Thailand and ride your bike every six months to some borders and get another six months of temporary import.

but not a good idea to do it. just sell it and get another one here which will cost you cheaper in the long run.

• 4 months later...

The Tracer is on sale at the bike show in Central World now. Price 479,000 B Feeling very tempted!

But also very scared of after sale service from them. Anyone have any experience regarding Yamaha after sale service in BKK to share?

No experience of Yamaha service in BKK but the quality and reliability of Yamaha is excellent.

I own an MT-09 for about 17 months now and it has not let me down. I ride almost everyday in rain or shine covered 16k kilometres.

Not a problem and still looks great.