Yamaha MT-09 Tracer 2015

Ozgur

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually it is better bike than Tiger. My personal taste has nothing to do with the reality.

What basically makes people think Triumph is better bike is that it might have existed for a long while or a British brand. Who knows!

Do you know any winner team in MotoGP or Dakar Rally with Triumph? No.. The answer is simple; it comes to being strong and durable under heavy conditions.

Triumph is nostalgia now :)

As I said, its era has passed and still getting credit out of its name and long term existance but no credit for quality & durability.

As you said, everybody has their own personal opinion. This is mine. I still like to see Triumph or any other brands and models on the street. Variety is always good.

You obviously haven't seen "Long Way Round'

Actually it is better bike than Tiger. My personal taste has nothing to do with the reality.

What basically makes people think Triumph is better bike is that it might have existed for a long while or a British brand. Who knows!

Do you know any winner team in MotoGP or Dakar Rally with Triumph? No.. The answer is simple; it comes to being strong and durable under heavy conditions.

Triumph is nostalgia now :)

As I said, its era has passed and still getting credit out of its name and long term existance but no credit for quality & durability.

As you said, everybody has their own personal opinion. This is mine. I still like to see Triumph or any other brands and models on the street. Variety is always good.

Exceptions don't change the fact. :)

Triumph is nostalgia now smile.png

They were on BMW's.

I don't get it.

It was ironic that the camera man on his cheap and small Russian bike made a better job of it than the two on the BMW's.

Wasn't he on a BMW also?

BMW Motorrad's support was integral to the success of Long Way Roundand Long Way Down. Ewan, Charley and their cameraman, Claudio Von Planta, were given three special-edition Enduro R1150 GS Adventure all-terrain motorcycles - designed and engineered for long distances and off-road terrain. BMW offered considerable technical help and practical riding equipment to Ewan McGregor, Charley Boorman and their support team. The BMW GS celebrates its '30 Years GS' as the most successful BMW model series ever.

They were on BMW's.

I don't get it.

As Mr Bandrick would say "A cunning little plan"

Hook line and sinker. :)

Ride safe everyone.

They were on BMW's.

I don't get it.

As Mr Bandrick would say "A cunning little plan"

Hook line and sinker. :)

Ride safe everyone.

I suggest you to do some research before providing wrong information. I believe above idiom fits you better. You were dreaming that Triumph was in such documentary. That was really funny to see lol :)

You ride safe as well.

Edited by Ozgur

Yamaha riders club of Thailand FB page and Yamaha, KK are quoting 435,000b which is a great price. I was expecting nearer to a figure that you quoted!!!

Actually that would be equal to the price of FZ-09 which is awesome price for an import bike in Thailand. Let's see. I hope you are right. Then I get you a beer when I buy the bike :)

Check Facebook to make sure. I got info via friends info as he's got a 09.

fz1 has a good price too!

if tracer arrives here for 435 thb it sure sells well but dont think so. still if they adjust the price according to the Japanese Thai trade agreement which is in full effect this year, we might see lower prices.

It's less than 410K in the UK.

So when this ASEAN trade agreement is fully implemented will it be less than 489K?

ASEAN has nothing to do with it. It is all about Japanese Thai trade agreement that is full effect this year. But manufacturers did not adjust their prices yet. Bigwing also said there might be a decrease in prices this year.

489 k thb stated in the price list is not tracker just street rally version of mt 09.

strange, no R1 in the list.

It's less than 410K in the UK.

So when this ASEAN trade agreement is fully implemented will it be less than 489K?

ASEAN has nothing to do with it. It is all about Japanese Thai trade agreement that is full effect this year. But manufacturers did not adjust their prices yet. Bigwing also said there might be a decrease in prices this year.

489 k thb stated in the price list is not tracker just street rally version of mt 09.

strange, no R1 in the list.

I hope they can adjust the prices soon. I dont want same story that happened to previous Triumph buyers although Japanese brands prices might decrease less. %10 is even a quite bargain.

Sorry for the random thought, but what does the word "Tracer" mean?

The only thing I can think of is a false bullet that lights up and shows you where the real bullets are going.

A bit like firing blanks?????

He-he,

Yes it's an odd name and Wiki don't really shows any tracer's that makes sense.rolleyes.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracer

I guess we will have to ask Yamaha. biggrin.png

I know (Kawa) Versys means something like: versatile system

And they hit the nail on the head with that one.

Edited by guzzi850m2

• 3 months later...

In other places the Sport Tracker and Street Rally cost the same. Not sure why they have different prices in Thailand and 20k difference to boot.

On top they are more than 100k more expensive than the 'normal' prices in e.g. Europe. Funny how Yamaha is outpricing the competition in many countries but here it's the other way round.

Yamaha needs to make bikes here or give up on the big bike market in Thailand in my opinion.

^ They manage to offer the MT-07 for a pretty competitive 299,000

So I'd say it's not about import vs. made here, it's about a pricing strategy that makes no sense.

Sport Tracker based on MT-09 vs "Tracer" based on MT-09... Yamaha seems similarly confused about naming... also what's the difference then between sport tracker and street rally?

post-20814-0-27223300-1432349375_thumb.j

As a side note, Yamaha Thailand doesn't have a website either..

Edited by nikster