Gov wants Phuket beaches to be 'among best in world'

webfact

"I think we have to adjust Phuket and make tourism here more sustainable. It is the island̕s main income,” he said."

Well just start adjusting and start now.

Typical thai, no clue at all what they talk about - Wonder what planet the moron live on, Phuket beaches are sh1t

"I think we have to adjust Phuket and make tourism here more sustainable. It is the island̕s main income,” he said."

Well just start adjusting and start now.

Typical thai, no clue at all what they talk about - Wonder what planet the moron live on, Phuket beaches are sh1t

What pristine beach do you live at, you know, for comparisons sake and all?

I hail from a city that has two "blue flag" beaches. Long way to go if Phuket wants to be world class status.

Without discussing all the requirements to be world class: I will quote the water quality section:

• The beach must fully comply with the water quality sampling and frequency requirements.
  • The beach must fully comply with the standards and requirements for water quality analysis.
  • No industrial, waste-water or sewage-related discharges should affect the beach area.
  • The beach must comply with the Blue Flag requirements for the microbiological parameter faecal coli bacteria (E.coli) and intestinal enterococci/streptococci.
  • The beach must comply with the Blue Flag requirements for physical and chemical parameters
  • (http://www.blueflag.org/menu/criteria/beaches)

Just saying.

They collect all the rubbish from Rawaii and Nai Harn businesses then drive the trucks down to the council depot, this is located next to a klong. The rubbish then blows out into the klong, then the rubbish ends up washed out to sea around Rawaii, Ya Nui and Koh Bon. This problem isn't only tourists chucking crap on the ground because there are no bins, it's the council trucks in Rawaii inadvertently making the beaches messy and killing marine life also.

Edited by Bogan Koori
  • Like 1

They collect all the rubbish from Rawaii and Nai Harn businesses then drive the trucks down to the council depot, this is located next to a klong. The rubbish then blows out into the klong, then the rubbish ends up washed out to sea around Rawaii, Ya Nui and Koh Bon. This problem isn't only tourists chucking crap on the ground because there are no bins, it's the council trucks in Rawaii inadvertently making the beaches messy and killing marine life also.

Agree.

The problem starts way back beyond the beach.

Just look at the drains and what Thais (and tourists) throw in the drains and open sewers that eventually lead to the sea when it rains.

If Phuket beaches were to be in the top 100, they need a 5-year plan, not a "clean up day" to get his picture in the Gazette.

Personally, I think the beaches will only get worse, not better. They have seen their best days.