Top Gear.U.K.

Ace of Pop

Well they're doing some seriously dangerous trips lately, I'd think that in-and-of-itself would take a lot of heart to do. Especially at their age, I had no idea Richard Hammond was almost killed in a rocket car not too long ago. Apparently he was in a coma for a couple of weeks due to head trauma in spite of being awake and conscious after the crash, a short time later he crashed again so to speak.

Hammond's crash was the best part of a decade ago.

Yeah well TG was not available to me a decade ago..So for me it is somewhat recent. That would explain why I never knew about it until recently seeing undated videos on the event.

Edited by WarpSpeed

Still just about the only thing worth watching on UK TV.

Still can't believe some people after all these years don't realise Clarkson plays the clown and take his act seriously. People repeat his lines as fact. facepalm.gif

He's good at masking his true idiocy that way. Has you stumped too, it works both ways innit? If you look stupid and people perceive it as an act? Easier to cover your true idiocy that way innit?

Edited by WarpSpeed

Still can't believe some people after all these years don't realise Clarkson plays the clown and take his act seriously. People repeat his lines as fact. facepalm.gif

He's good at masking his true idiocy that way. Has you stumped too, it works both ways innit? If you look stupid and people perceive it as an act? Easier to cover your true idiocy that way innit?

Too deep for Me Warpy

Too deep for Me Warpy

whistling.gifgiggle.gif

It's very British, I'd be nice to have some real drivers doing the reviews and let them do the comedy, but other wise.............................. I reluctantly admit to being an observer of the show and enjoying most of it.. They also (more so Clarkson) seems quite obsessive with the need to constantly point out the relevance of British vehicles over the course of history to the point of looking childishly desperate and defensive like an addict trying to justify his addiction or a child defending his choice of toys over other children who are more broad minded and creative.

seems quite obsessive with the need to constantly point out the relevance of British vehicles

Find that odd/funny as his own cars are mostly far from British

http://celebritycar.weebly.com/jeremy-clarkson.html

James May has/had a number of Rolls and Bentleys [all 2nd hand old ones]

Richard Hammond, believe his every day car is a Fiat Panda, but has a 911 and a very British Morgan.

• Like 1

Yes it is actually. He also touts the German cars quite a bit but every now and then he goes off on a patriotic rant and while often criticizing and demeaning British makes for their lack of durability and reliability just as he did with the Lotus in the most recent road trip he still has to go into a flag waving moment at some point.

Edited by WarpSpeed

Yes it is actually. He also touts the German cars quite a bit but every now and then he goes off on a patriotic rant and while often criticizing and demeaning British makes for their lack of durability and reliability just as he did with the Lotus in the most recent road trip he still has to go into a flag waving moment at some point.

Being simultaneously patriotic and self-deprecating is a distinctly British thing.

Well not so much, it's just thought of as a distinctly British thing.. Not recognized so much when other nationalities do it.. I myself have done it quite often, I have only owned 3 American cars and 2 trucks in my life time out of dozens of vehicles owned and historically I've not been very fond of most American makes designs, features, build quality or reliability, but recently there have been a few better ones I'd consider, but I'm still gun shy on owning any of them based on past experiences. I do however often hold them up to criticism but will still staunchly defend some makes/models for their shear performance versus cost value which is stand out in the world market, even if it may only be for a couple of laps. Seeeeee? tongue.png

The very last time I watched a UK motoring program they circuit raced 3 "super" cars for times, one was a vette.........

The vette lost...........why..........it had auto trans............How can you circuit race an auto........rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

The very last time I watched a UK motoring program they circuit raced 3 "super" cars for times, one was a vette.........

The vette lost...........why..........it had auto trans............How can you circuit race an auto........rolleyes.gif

Well many here claim auto's are better then manuals these days. Don't know which episode or what gen Vette it was but the current Vette is supposed to be quicker with an auto, of course that's highly subjective to the given driver doing the test, but I still have my doubts anyway in the case of circuit racing.

Don't race cars change gear from the steering wheel these days ?.

Many, not all and that depends on which class you're speaking of as well. Not ALL sports car classes are the same with the same rules, there is a very wide variety of classes and rules.

Yep, changing the concept of top gear himself, keeping it going for years, spin off series in other countries, magazines, live shows, news paper columns which have made him a multi-millionaire. Yep complete idiot, just like that Simon Cowell. thumbsup.gif

A lot of successful people if asked will tell you they know very little about many topics and even in some cases about the one that made them their big money and fame, they rely on others to keep them in the know and they handle the entertainment part of the successful venture. When he is in interviews outside of the show he seems very out of place and only refers to his attempts at being funny with a wise crack all the time, when it's unscripted he has difficulty with it and is obviously out of his comfort zone, especially on the topic of automobiles, he stumbles and fumbles with real answers and then changes the topic trying to make it funny instead, distraction tactics.

Edited by WarpSpeed

I want a show about cars that is fun , stupid stunts , super expensive cars , and a good laugh........

Top Gear UK has all of that ,

and Myth Busters is #2 with not as many cars smile.png

Yes, but more explosions.. clap2.gif I'm more a king crab and gold rush sort of fan in the number 2 spot, I get frustrated with some of Mythbusters approaches to their myths, too many holes in the theories. BTW not to hijack but this season Mythbusters is going back to the original format with only Jamie and Adam the other busters have been ousted. I'm gonna miss Kari sad.png even though she had a sprog not so long ago she's still a nice looker with a sweet disposition.....