Suvarnabhumi bans taxi driver singled out in Japanese man's rant

webfact

Let's hope this taxi driver does not see Mr koki Aki on the street,i fear for his safety,after all banned ,but more important Loss of face.

He already lost face for the initial scam, so that doesn't matter a bit. In addition, all corruption and scams should be exposed...including those who are bankers, politicians, authority-figures and gov't reps....all of them. It's high time people stand-up and take back their ability to self-govern and demand proper justice and common sense.

I think you are mixing up legal and illegal scammers. All bankers, politicians, etc. are legalised scammers. There isn't much you can do.

Den

What the airport management should do as well is to remind the passengers to keep the kiosk ticket to themselves,

as many of the taxi driver will ask for it right after you got into the car,

saying they want to check if their name is right

or just simply telling you that you need to give the ticket to ride,

they say they are afraid of the passengers or others will file false complaint to them or so, blah blah blah.

The driver from the airport refused to put on the meter. i was shocked. I usually pick up a taxi from departure. This was right after they installed the turnstyles. Anyway, I told him to stop the taxi I wanted to get out. He turned it on. Scary though. Back to the departure level. Found out the cops don't care if you walk through the turnstyles.

iv been using taxi from the airport for about 15 years ,never had problem ,i think there cheap in France its its 20 euros for about 3 minutes in a taxi london airport even worse ,looks though this man never been anywhere

How can you have been using taxis from this airport for 15yrs, when in fact it's not been opened that long.

• Like 1

The driver from the airport refused to put on the meter. i was shocked. I usually pick up a taxi from departure. This was right after they installed the turnstyles. Anyway, I told him to stop the taxi I wanted to get out. He turned it on. Scary though. Back to the departure level. Found out the cops don't care if you walk through the turnstyles.

So we expect drivers to follow the rules but it is ok to go to departures and jump the turnstiles?

Suvarnabhumi Airport officials, damned if they do something about complaints, damned if they don't, it seems.

Yes, but it takes a high profile complaint by one individual to get them damned.

Really?

You sure about that?

Because I'm constantly reading complaining posts about airport authorities doing nothing. Not always unjustified it's true.

However here they have acted and its not enough for many.

Would anything?

iv been using taxi from the airport for about 15 years ,never had problem ,i think there cheap in France its its 20 euros for about 3 minutes in a taxi london airport even worse ,looks though this man never been anywhere

What exactly is your point? Is it that the man should not complain about what happened?

My opinion is that MORE of us should complain, so that we may get all these problems solved

Suvarnabhumi Airport officials, damned if they do something about complaints, damned if they don't, it seems.

Yes, but it takes a high profile complaint by one individual to get them damned.

Really?

You sure about that?

Because I'm constantly reading complaining posts about airport authorities doing nothing. Not always unjustified it's true.

However here they have acted and its not enough for many.

Would anything?

Likely many worry it is going to be a short term measure, as we often see here.

Unless one returns frequently with a big stick the beach umbrellas (for example) will creep back.

I suggest we all do the same, post a picture of our receipt of any taxi driver that treats us badly.

A receipt from a taxi? Are you sure you are in BKK? I never ever have seen a receipt, not in 20 years. I don't use them anymore though since some years, got so tired of them and also they can't speak english.

I suggest we all do the same, post a picture of our receipt of any taxi driver that treats us badly.

A receipt from a taxi? Are you sure you are in BKK? I never ever have seen a receipt, not in 20 years. I don't use them anymore though since some years, got so tired of them and also they can't speak english.

. The Taxi Rank gives you the ticket, then you show Driver, Now

Why should they HAVE to be able to speak English, their language is Thai, and this is Thailand.

Some can speak English and good for them, however you must realise that not everybody has the ability to learn a foreign language.

if you have been living in bangkok for at least a year or less, you should know by then that you can get a metered taxi on the 'Departure Area.'

There are lots of taxis in there who sent their passengers to leave thailand or to pick-up friends/relatives and those drivers are very much happy to get another passenger wherever you go on a meter.

Pattaya is another story I guess.

Yeah, we always go up to the 4th floor to get a return taxi into town. NEVER had a problem. Drivers are happy to get the return fare. these 2 trips pay for his car rent for the shift.

I thought they have those rotating one way turnstils that prevent ppl from inside the airport going outside?

if you have been living in bangkok for at least a year or less, you should know by then that you can get a metered taxi on the 'Departure Area.'

There are lots of taxis in there who sent their passengers to leave thailand or to pick-up friends/relatives and those drivers are very much happy to get another passenger wherever you go on a meter. Very easy to get around, I think I had to lift one leg

Pattaya is another story I guess.

Yeah, we always go up to the 4th floor to get a return taxi into town. NEVER had a problem. Drivers are happy to get the return fare. these 2 trips pay for his car rent for the shift.

I thought they have those rotating one way turnstils that prevent ppl from inside the airport going outside?

Why should they HAVE to be able to speak English, their language is Thai, and this is Thailand.

Some can speak English and good for them, however you must realise that not everybody has the ability to learn a foreign language.

Dont agree, I think they should all speak English .. Even in the UK the slope taxi drivers speak english but I must say that most have a Birmingham accent.