No advance tourist visa extension in Jomtien, have to come last day of permitted stay

This ( Tue 20.1 ) , visa afternoon. Tourist visa, permission of stay till 25.1.

Front staff checked the papers and said come back 25th. I was surprised and told it has been possible to do extension 30 days in advance. They checked again and said come back 23rd ( 25th is Sunday ). No advance extension for tourista visa. Had short talk with three of the staff. No way to get queue number.

Is this temporary rule for high season ( to move the crowds further when there is less customers)? Anyway it was not too crowded this afternoon.

Is there different staff in the morning shift? I could try tomorrow morning again.

I planned to travel on Friday.

Which immigration offices nearby Jomtien would be options? I could take short trip to Rayong or Sriracha for example. One night there in hotel and immigration visit. I believe I can extend tourist visa whereever if I have hotel booked?

Rayong immigration has been reported as being friendly.

You can do it at any immigration office as long as you have a local address to put on the TM7 application form.

• Like 1

Weird things seem to be afloat at Jomtien right now...like the extra payments to extend entries a full 30 days. Kinda sad because for years, it's been one of the better offices to deal with.

Apart from the perennial residence certificate rip-off I have never had the slightest problem at Jomtien immigration. They have always accepted exactly the documents that the rules indicate and have always charged me the correct amount and given me the correct change.

• Like 1

Someone reported recently that he could only do a retirement extension 30 days before expiry of the current extension, but when I went in a few weeks ago, I renewed mine 40 days early. And the interview process was done from walking in the door to walking out again in under 10 minutes.

I think with a tourist visa entry you'd be better off trying it about a week early. Also better off asking for a queue ticket for the extension desk. I never hand over documents to the people at the reception desk.

Agree with KittiKong. Never had a problem at Jomtien. Never hassled or delayed. Never asked for extra payment. I know that doesn't mean it can't happen, but I sometimes wonder if some people seem to inspire their own problems.

Edited by Suradit69