Back from Savannakhet, Laos, non O visa, no problems

Hello,

Is it possible to get a Non Immigrant visa O multiple entry from Savanakhet Thai consulate,

I am french nationality, not married but I have a seven years old son with Thai girlfriend ?

Or can I get only a single entry ?

What is document to bring in consulate ?

sorry for my poor english lol

thanks in advance !

Hello,

Is it possible to get a Non Immigrant visa O multiple entry from Savanakhet Thai consulate,

I am french nationality, not married but I have a seven years old son with Thai girlfriend ?

thanks in advance !

Unless you are the legal father of your child by way of legitimization you can only get a single entry non-o visa.

Since you child is 7 you can do the legitimization at an Amphoe. See: How To Gain Parental Rights As A Father

If you are the legal father the only successful reports of getting a multiple entry non-o was when the entire family was present when the application was done to demonstrate they were living together as a family (de facto marriage).

You can also get one a year extension of stay at immigration based upon being the parent of a Thai if you are the legal father.

Oh thank you ubonjoe you are the bestsmile.png

So I can get only single entry visa non immigrant O and maybe one year extansion in my local Thai immigration (Samut Prakarn) if I delivered some documents like bank statements (400 000/year) and some proof of adress + documents attested I am a legal father ?

But I will try to applicate for a multiple entry in Savannakhet with only certifcate birthday of my chlidren + ID girlfriend.

Yes my chlidrend will be 7 years on 9th April and the 10th I will go to the Amphur

Thanks agaib

Hello,

thanks in advance !

Unless you are the legal father of your child by way of legitimization you can only get a single entry non-o visa.

Since you child is 7 you can do the legitimization at an Amphoe. See: How To Gain Parental Rights As A Father

If you are the legal father the only successful reports of getting a multiple entry non-o was when the entire family was present when the application was done to demonstrate they were living together as a family (de facto marriage).

You can also get one a year extension of stay at immigration based upon being the parent of a Thai if you are the legal father.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

You do not need financial proof to get a non-o visa in Savannakhet.

You only need your marriage certificate plus a copy, signed and dated copies of your wife's house book and ID card. Your wife's signature on the copies is the certification.

You need a copy of your passport photo page. A completed application form with 2 attached photos.

Download application form. attachicon.gifSavannakhet .pdf

Wife has changed her last name, has the official change form, changed her house reg. and her ID. However, on the marriage certificate it has her maiden name. Is there a form I need from the local govt. office saying that she (with new name) is (still) married to me?

I did a Non-O based on Marriage a year ago before her name change, no problems. If anyone has an idea on this would love to hear.

You do not need financial proof to get a non-o visa in Savannakhet.

You only need your marriage certificate plus a copy, signed and dated copies of your wife's house book and ID card. Your wife's signature on the copies is the certification.

You need a copy of your passport photo page. A completed application form with 2 attached photos.

Download application form. attachicon.gifSavannakhet .pdf

Wife has changed her last name, has the official change form, changed her house reg. and her ID. However, on the marriage certificate it has her maiden name. Is there a form I need from the local govt. office saying that she (with new name) is (still) married to me?

I did a Non-O based on Marriage a year ago before her name change, no problems. If anyone has an idea on this would love to hear.

If she took your family name it will not be a problem. Otherwise they may want to see a document from the Amphoe. A updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry from an Amphoe may also reflect the name change.

• Like 1

If she took your family name it will not be a problem. Otherwise they may want to see a document from the Amphoe. A updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry from an Amphoe may also reflect the name change.

Brilliant, thanks! She did take my last name, but I will update the Kor Ror 2 as well.