Fatter Wheels on a Click?

My Click is *almost* fine for my purposes.

Just on the occasion where I push it to 80km/h+ on a major road, I have to read the road a bit more than I'd like to. Its also annoying going in and out of cracks.

I'm wondering if a larger wheel is a good idea. Is this a common thing? I have a friend who put heavier duty wheels on his PCX but that's a different, higher spec bike.

Is it even cost effective? My bike is only worth about 15,000THB today.

Thanks

rims cost a lot. Tires too. So it is sure not cost effective.

But maybe you can go one size up if stock rims allow and that will kill the accelration of the bike and it will not be as flickable and nimble as before.

If it's only worth 15k perhaps it's time to look at a new bike?

I know the PCX is fine at the speeds you are talking about. Even a Wave, which you can buy with AT works well. Can't comment on other brands as we have a Honda only household.

I will buy a new bike but I'm going to hang onto the Click.

I have the option of putting a 7cm wide rim on the back plus a higher quality (Michelin) tyre for basically 2,000THB. The current back rim is 5.9cm wide. My assumption is that it will make for a smoother ride at the cost of a small amount of acceleration. Have Honda selected their optimal tyre dimensions, or are they keeping costs low? I weigh 75kg fwiw, so perhaps their optimal is actually suboptimal for my purposes.

Not a big decision but would like a few insights from more experienced folk.

I have the option of putting a 7cm wide rim on the back plus a higher quality (Michelin) tyre for basically 2,000THB. The current back rim is 5.9cm wide. My assumption is that it will make for a smoother ride at the cost of a small amount of acceleration. Have Honda selected their optimal tyre dimensions, or are they keeping costs low? I weigh 75kg fwiw, so perhaps their optimal is actually suboptimal for my purposes.

There is always, for mass manufacturers, a balance between not getting sued and maximising profits...don't assume anything else.

The added weight is minimal and most likely the profile of the replacement tyre will be better; this will be much more important than the actual size of the tyre.

Correct.

they choose the size of the tires depending on their engineering and design. Or they choose the tire where bike runs optimal. They keep fuel consumption, engine stress, acceleration, handling etc in mind. cost cutting is about the quality of the tires and rims they put on the bike.