Thai TV actor claims he legally bought Lamborghini

webfact

TV actor claims he legally bought Lamborghini

21-1-2558-12-58-06-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Television heartthrob Pakorn “Boy” Chatborirak reported himself to the Anti-Money Laundering Office this morning to defend himself over his purchase of a luxurious super car from a key suspect in the King Mongkut Institute of Technology Lad Krabang’s embezzlement case.

Accompanied by two lawyers, Boy said that he bought the Lamborghini from an acquaintance, Mr Thada Buakhao, at 13.5 million baht against market price of 17.8 million baht because the car was an used one and not a brand-new one.

He said that before the purchase he had checked all the documents and found they were legally proper. He insisted he didn’t know Mr Kittisak Matthujad, the fugitive key suspect in the embezzlement case, in person and didn’t know the car belong to Kittisak.

AMLO secretary-general Pol Col Sihanart Prayoonrat said if the money used by Boy to buy the super car was his then he would lift the impoundment of the Lamborghini.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/tv-actor-claims-legally-bought-lamborghini

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-01-21

• Like 1

He knew it wasn't right, with the unusually low price. Thought he's have a better line than this after a few weeks passed. Must've been spending too much time in front of the mirror plucking his eyebrow hairs man makeup and hair gel!

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 1

The problem may well not be the market price of the Lamborghini but tracing the money trail. This 13.5 million may have come from somewhere else rather than Boy's own pocket.

That is the point. The luxury car sales were allegedly used to launder cash.

• Like 1

I bought my new Ferrari 458 Italia spider for 10 million Baht, against a market price of 29 Million Baht in Thailand

Do you think it's legal?

Should I worry?

PS. This is nothing to do with the size of my penis.

Can I take the Ferrari around the block a few times?

• Like 1

Stolen goods will be confiscated by the state regardless if you pay full price for it or not.

It is your job to sue the person you bought it from.

Example: A stole a watch from a shop

B bought from A at full price (didn't know it was stolen).

A was arrested for straling the watch

B will have to return the watch to the shop, and not keep it even though he paid the full price.

He knew it wasn't right, with the unusually low price. Thought he's have a better line than this after a few weeks passed. Must've been spending too much time in front of the mirror plucking his eyebrow hairs man makeup and hair gel!

There are a number of used Lambos available right now starting from less than 9m baht, so it seems the 13.5m baht price he paid was perfectly normal. Why should he have a better "line" if his story is true?

Please let us know about very recent, as good as new, nearly no mileage Lambo's are for sale between 9 and 13.5m, some of us might get interested too in such bargains. And then not, because they would sense too good a deal might be a very bad one...

IMO, that 'Boy' guy must have had question marks (when he's not a total moron) but never thought it would come out. Oops, now sit on the blisters, I'd say...

• Like 1

All of you seem to miss the point. Car price and origin is not in question, what is in question is where did he get the money to buy it.

Last line is pretty clear, if Boy can show he paid with his own money, problem will be solved .

well if i found a lambo for 13mil and it was valued for more, papers were legit, mileage legit - i wouldn't think twice about buying it. its called a BARGAIN!
I couldnt care less where it came from either... unfortunately for Boy the feds got him... win some lose some!

"AMLO secretary-general Pol Col Sihanart Prayoonrat said if the money used by Boy to buy the super car was his then he would lift the impoundment of the Lamborghini."

And rightly so as the car was not stolen whilst the funds used to buy it may have been. There is a major difference in buying stolen goods versus legally buying goods previously bought with what now may be considered "Tainted" monies. The taint of said monies has also not been proven. Go back and look at your home countries and how they would deal with this situation and come back and post with the details as I am sure it would make for fascinating reading.

I also cannot believe that I may be defending a Thai soap star as that will leave a bad taste in the morning. But really people, reality check.

Cheers

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I bought my new Ferrari 458 Italia spider for 10 million Baht, against a market price of 29 Million Baht in Thailand

Do you think it's legal?

Should I worry?

if u bought your Ferrari in Thailand YES ......if something sounds too good to be true it normally is. good luck

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

well if i found a lambo for 13mil and it was valued for more, papers were legit, mileage legit - i wouldn't think twice about buying it. its called a BARGAIN!
I couldnt care less where it came from either... unfortunately for Boy the feds got him... win some lose some

well you would care if the feds came knocking at your door to reposes your cheap lambo and you stood to lose 13mil

I don't think the fact he isn't up to the standard of a western actors left elbow has anything to do with it. It's about whether or not he had some involvement in the shady dealings of Kittisak.

Do you think it's legal?

Should I worry?

Well I guess as this is a monitored forum which is not anonymous then .......yes, maybe you should be worried! It doesn't matter how big your penis is, I wouldn't willy wave on Thai Visa, as the police often say, most people incriminate themselves ;) Good luck!

"AMLO secretary-general Pol Col Sihanart Prayoonrat said if the money used by Boy to buy the super car was his then he would lift the impoundment of the Lamborghini."

And rightly so as the car was not stolen whilst the funds used to buy it may have been. There is a major difference in buying stolen goods versus legally buying goods previously bought with what now may be considered "Tainted" monies. The taint of said monies has also not been proven. Go back and look at your home countries and how they would deal with this situation and come back and post with the details as I am sure it would make for fascinating reading.

I also cannot believe that I may be defending a Thai soap star as that will leave a bad taste in the morning. But really people, reality check.

Cheers

You are right, the car was not stolen but that is not the point, it's how he paid for it and where those funds came from. Not the AMLO's worry in respect of the funds. It is his.

You cannot legitimately buy a car or anything else with illegally obtained money. It is called money laundering, hence the need for our friend to prove that the funds were firstly, his then secondly, legally obtained. The AMLO, using the "Anti-Money Laundering Act" can seize property, without a warrant, and it is up to the owner of the item to prove that it was obtained using legal funds in order to recover the property. Hence the statement from the Police Colonel.

The "Actor" needs to prove he bought the vehicle legitimately, because the offense of money laundering is punishable with terms of imprisonment ranging from 1 to 10 years and/or fines of between 20,000 to 200,000 baht. If he can prove the funds are not as you describe, "Tainted" then the vehicle will be released. I am a little concerned that he alleges he did not know that the fraudster was the owner of the vehicle nor did he know him. The latter may be true but then in whose name was it registered and listed under when it was consigned to the motor dealer? All relevant papers must list the prior owner's details.

The storey does not seem to have much detail but, if as stated, and he purchased it as alleged, and all the documents were legal, then why didn't he provide all those, together with proof of funds, when he attended the AMLO. Just defended himself, verbally, along with two lawyers present. It may well be legitimate but given all the circumstances, forgive me for being cynical but either the press is not telling the whole storey or there are many more questions that not only he needs to answer but the motor dealer as well..

Edited by Si Thea01

Cheers

Actually if they suspect back home that the money is tainted they ask the person for proof it is not tainted. If it is they can confiscate it. This is mainly to get at criminals. This is in the Netherlands and called "pluk ze wetgeving"

Who the hell cares about this guy and his car? I am more concerned with the right to pee anytime/anywhere. See, if the police can stop me and demand I piss on the spot, then shouldn't I be allowed to whip it out and piss when I really have to go?

• Like 1

If Kittisak. was the one who bought the car from new it would have been his name on the papers and not the name of the person the actor says he bought the car from.

That being the case the actor would have seen the name on the papers when the ownership was changed so he would have known who he was buying it from and that the one he was dealing with was only an agent.

That is unless Kittisak. had preciously sold the car and the actor was the third owner.

..../ He said that before the purchase he had checked all the documents and found they were legally proper. He insisted he didn’t know Mr Kittisak Matthujad, the fugitive key suspect in the embezzlement case, in person and didn’t know the car belong to Kittisak...../

If he checked the documents before buying , how could he miss the owner name K. Kittimak in the blue Book and after saying he did not know the car belonged to Kittisak ?